User Tag List

First 123 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Stu Katz View Post
    These mostly make sense to me, except the 'supervisor' relationship, which I don't understand at all!
    WHAT is UP with THAT? How does this work??
    Not sure about TypeLogic, but Supervisors in Socionics are people who crack down on your weaknesses [PoLR] a lot.. but not quite like a conflictor. Supervisees tend to put Supervisors on a pedestal, consciously or not. Say, if you were an SLE weak on Fi, then the ESI would be the one pointing out how much you suck at it and how much it gets you in trouble, and all the ways where you've failed and neglected people there. Supervisors have a shared function (in this example Se) and tend to hit in ways that the supervisee understands or is intimidated by. Like a child being chastised by a parent they respect.

Some people are attached to relationships like this, and even get married.. the kind of couples you'd see where one partner isn't ever quite good enough for the other. Often the supervisee is in a position where they have to adjust more or get nagged at.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

^^Sadly I know a couple like this. Love both of them... don't quite know what to make of the two of them together though. It's an ENFP and ISFJ, which if I remember correctly makes the ENFP the supervisor and the ISFJ the supervisee.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    That's a funny chart when viewed personally. I still like the one at Socionics better.
    me too. i considered posting it, but thought it might be overwhelming.
    -John Green

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    ^^Sadly I know a couple like this. Love both of them... don't quite know what to make of the two of them together though. It's an ENFP and ISFJ, which if I remember correctly makes the ENFP the supervisor and the ISFJ the supervisee.
    To make things more confusing (at least for me), I'm not exactly sure where I fall in Socionics. I thought I could be EII, but the way Se and Te are defined in Socionics is different, and I'm not quite sure where I'm getting supervised on. Both the IFp and INj Te and Se PoLR have a sense of inertia and neglect with real world awareness or implementation of goals. They can sort of be nagged at for the same things. In the MBTI sense, I figure it's a lack of Te.. Socionics would say it could be lack of Se.

This chart confuses matters more on MBTI/Socionics correlations. INFPs are split evenly between being Socionics INFp and INFj. And those would be supervisors are split as well. INTJs could be Socionics ESTps far more than MBTI ESTPs!

Anyways, this probably isn't that relevant.. just saying.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    me too. i considered posting it, but thought it might be overwhelming.
    Interesting...
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

It's funny, though the functions are described differently, to me the types seemed to correlate the same. Like, I'm an ISFP and ISFp, SEI.
    -John Green

MBTI
    'sup
    Enneagram
    dawg

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Supervisees tend to put Supervisors on a pedestal, consciously or not.
    It sounds kinda kewl, but I don't see this in my own life... maybe more so someone else's relationship. Is that good or bad...

don't quite know what to make of the two of them together though.
    How did you mean... like one of them isn't able to listen to or to understand criticism or even support form the other? You mean like that?

MBTI
    'sup
    Enneagram
    dawg

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Some people are attached to relationships like this, and even get married.. the kind of couples you'd see where one partner isn't ever quite good enough for the other. Often the supervisee is in a position where they have to adjust more or get nagged at.
    Do these relationships stand up... or do they come apart no matter how hard the partners try?

Just asking....

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

i am not much a fan of MBTI/soc relationship theories... at least, not for my own use personally... mostly because i think what draws me to a person is already fairly clear to me, and i think enneagram perhaps better describes problems couples run into.

me, i know i am always attracted to NJs, i run into the standard issues you would expect for e6, and... yeah. beyond that i feel like relationships have so much to do with common ground. that can be found in the MBTI sometimes - or sometimes not.

Quote Originally Posted by KDude
    interesting.

i don't know where i fall in socionics. i guess the closest is IEE-Fi, but it's not the best description ever.

MBTI
    INTP

All right. I don't believe that it will be so much help, but I will add my experiences from relationships.
    1st fact: I am single INTP, I haven't any girlfriend ever, so I will not describe those relationships.
    2nd fact: I will describe only those relationships, which I do experience, and I will do my best to describe it from other side too.
    3rd fact: If you want some relationships between groups of types, go to wikisocion... there are such groups described pretty well IMO.

So here are coming the relationships.

INTP <=> INTP
    Well, what to say? Ideal friends. The other INTP seems to me weird a little bit, but that's the type from which I want friend.

INTP <=> INFP
    Fun to talk to. Othertimes quiet. Likes new ideas. Nice friend. Gives bows to the inteligence ("You are so inteligent, really!" or stuff like that), but I don't like it. Really, it is maybe my personal problem that I want to be accepted as averagely inteligent and don't want to prove my inteligence to others (I don't know where are mistakes at my language IRL, so I can't stop it for now.)

INTP <=> ISTP
    They are funny. They like to draw. And they are quiet too (as other introverts ). They have no problem to entertain group of various types.

INTP <=> ESTP
    They are funny. They are too funny on me. Sometimes too chaotic on me (and that is some kind of achievment: to be more chaotic than me). They have no problem to destroy properties belonging to others. But when somebody touch their property (for example skate), they get mad. They get so mad, that they are scary (Or.... trying to be scary after that funny side of their life?). I don't want to insult ESTP's so much, but I really think that they are just some kind of, well, not insulting them

INTP <=> ESTJ
    They have only one word, that suits them perfectly: Perfect. They are pretending that they are perfect. Really! They say that they are always right, they say that everybody else except them is wrong, they say everything just to prove anybody else, that they are able to predict future. Well, but this one is probably the extreme ESTJ. They are loyal, they are somehow authoritative too. But well organized. And have great memory.

INTP <=> ESFP
    Aaahh, the ESFP one... really hard to describe relation between us... hmm, how I would say it with least words? Let me think... goodwill? Yes, that is probably right word (if not, correct me, I am not that great at english expressions). The one I know is always willing to help me.

INTP <=> ISFJ
    Maybe my worst relationship ever. The girls of that type hate me... literaly... I know that this is based maybe on my appearance, maybe on my hobbies, maybe on my bad traits as individual... but... they somehow hate me... I do explain it to myself as "They love order, I am disorder." When I have said this to my ISTP friend, he said just something like "Dude, they don't know about your tests!" (I am somehow the representation of GLADoS, need-to-test guy, and I know that GLADoS is a girl/woman/female/whatev', she is after all robot!) The ISFJ's are likely to feel disturbed when somebody asks them on something they don't reveal by themselves, so I'd better look out for that one. Because... permanent-testing-guy + shy-girl-that-don't-want-to-reveal-about-self-so-much-to-others = really, really weird combo of people. Trust'eh me!

Sorry, but these are all personalities I've met IRL.