User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I still dont think F and T have so easy practical appliances, I think they are more about core values much deeper in ourselves and which transform not always too readily into the real world
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I still dont think F and T have so easy practical appliances, I think they are more about core values much deeper in ourselves and which transform not always too readily into the real world
    So, what you're saying is............................. "/thread"?
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

No, I'ld need a F mind to say more, my girl's good on that. I just came to trust that the more superficial facts are often not the whole truth

figsfiggyfigs

Thumbs up

T is pronounced Tee, and is the first letter in the word Tea

F, sounds like Ephhh, and is the first letter in Firefly.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    The way old dude is working, you'll be bankrupt next month. Game over. Everyone go home. Watch TV. Apply for unemployment.

But, yeah, ideally, if I had the resources, I'd like to take care of old dude somehow. Maybe give him a severance package - maybe 50-100k to make sure his kids' college was covered and that his next few house payments were covered - a little "bonus" before he gets a swift kick in the rear. It's just not always feasible to do that.

I think of a new car dealership. Guy A is selling 10 cars a month, Guy B is selling 1 car per month. I don't care how much I like Guy B, he just isn't cutting it. Maybe buy him breakfast or something and then tell him he's free to go home and take a nap.
    well hell if old dude was going to bankrupt the company then he'd have to go..i think most business minded people f's or not would do the smart thing in that case.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

It means that Feelers primarily give value preference to ethics/morals and relationships with people, sometimes via feelings yet this should not be confused with making feelings based upon "emotion" though it can happen.

Thinkers primarily give value preference to logic and rational detachment, to systems and ideas and getting things done rather than necessarily through relationships with people...but it's readily apparent that Thinkers get carried away with their emotions in certain situations, or when discussing certain topics, and they can have ethics and morals, too, of course.

There's nothing scarier to me than a Thinker who thinks they're being rational when they're not, and who denies getting carried away with their feelings in some discussions. Seriously - it creeps me the fuck out. How do you reason with someone like that? At least Feelers will usually admit they make decisions based upon morals and ethics, and occasionally feelings, giving priority to relationships, and generally use logic as a tool of support for the broader framework.

For example, I make most life decisions with human concerns and ethical concerns in mind. But I also use Te to make decisions about "what works" and when weighing my ethics against "what works"...realizing that justice and systems of law work better than always being merciful, etc.

As an ENFP, I certainly have a baby STJ inside of me who likes to collect facts. But that's my secondary concern, rather than my primary. A healthy individual becomes more balanced as they age.

Also, I noticed that Arclight put this all quite simply and correctly.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    T is pronounced Tee, and is the first letter in the word Tea

F, sounds like Ephhh, and is the first letter in Firefly.
    Now we're finally making some progress.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

F > T

/thread

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    It means that Feelers primarily give value preference to ethics/morals and relationships with people, sometimes via feelings yet this should not be confused with making feelings based upon "emotion" though it can happen.

Thinkers primarily give value preference to logic and rational detachment, to systems and ideas and getting things done rather than necessarily through relationships with people...but it's readily apparent that Thinkers get carried away with their emotions in certain situations, or when discussing certain topics, and they can have ethics and morals, too, of course.

There's nothing scarier to me than a Thinker who thinks they're being rational when they're not, and who denies getting carried away with their feelings in some discussions. Seriously - it creeps me the fuck out. How do you reason with someone like that? At least Feelers will usually admit they make decisions based upon morals and ethics, and occasionally feelings, giving priority to relationships, and generally use logic as a tool of support for the broader framework.

For example, I make most life decisions with human concerns and ethical concerns in mind. But I also use Te to make decisions about "what works" and when weighing my ethics against "what works"...realizing that justice and systems of law work better than always being merciful, etc.

As an ENFP, I certainly have a baby STJ inside of me who likes to collect facts. But that's my secondary concern, rather than my primary. A healthy individual becomes more balanced as they age.

Also, I noticed that Arclight put this all quite simply and correctly.
    Yes, I agree plus I think all the cool people back then in school were Fs .

I am learning more and more nowadays why the girls never were impressed when I explained them how ingeniously I tactically mapped out the forrest so none can escape in the hide & seek game

I thought these posts did well at explaining this situation:

Well... You're never 100% T or F. You use both
    Point being: T's are said to not give a fuck how something affects a person, only caring about what's "most efficient", F's are said to place consideration for the people involved _above_ [black and white] efficiency. But since in general no one is 100% T or F, no one is going to be a complete robot void of emotions when it comes to decision-making (T) or always make their decision on considerations of the effect on other people (F). In essence, to be a certain side of the T/F dichotomy just means that is the rule by which you play (utmost care about efficiency, or utmost care about the effect on people) a majority of the time ("a majority" does not mean "mostly"; can be as small of a difference as 60/40 (anything more even than this and I don't think you can say you fit on either side of the T/F dichotomy - my opinion)), as PH. also said in their post I quoted here.

[ Eric B's original post ]
    I have some possible alternatives to his ideas (semantics/minor stuff so no biggie) but his way of putting it clears up the difference for those a little unclear so I have to mention it.

[ Marmie's post ]
    "give/s preference to"
    In writing my post, Marmie swooped in. The wording of "give/s preference to" is my take on the whole issue exactly. Gotta include their post now, too.

The above, though, is talking strictly about decision-making it seems (aside from Marmie's input). The underlying principle extends to everything, though: T cares about efficiency, F cares about its ethical values. That is to say, as Arclight's post said, T sees [ethical values or considerations, whatever] as irrelevant, therefore views the world in a linear, cause and effect way strictly while F sees the world through the lens of what their values are.

I read OrangeAppled's signature last night and it really made me not have the demonization of F bias anymore (for now, that is). Essentially, F naturally has values, thinks their values are important, and thus gives them importance because of principle (the principle that the values they have are important). Also, and this is what has caused the demonization of F to go away for the time being (understanding the following:), F, besides simply taking in the objective information about an objective event or occurrence, automatically determines how that objective [event, occurrence, whatever] measures up to/fits against their values. Understanding the last part was the whole reason I have dropped the demonization: Understanding 1) They naturally have values they care a lot about and 2) They automatically, ergo not a choice as in a conscious choice of what to do each time, judge things according to their values, really helped me rationalize their behavior which made it acceptable to me (humans having feelings (= values)? well, whether you like it or not, humans do, and caring about your own personal values is rational... so...). Below is her signature for reference.