User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Default Tertiary+Inferior=Rebel Functions?

I was wondering if it might work out to describe the tertiary and inferior functions as those which are used somewhat often but are the most consciously rebelled against.

For example:

INTP/ENTP=SiFe/FeSi=rebelling from past experience and connecting with others
    INFP/ENFP=SiTe/TeSi=rebelling from past experience and organizing
    ISTP/ESTP=NiFe/FeNi=rebelling from the forseen and from connecting with others
    ISFP/ESFP=NiTe/TeNi=rebelling from the forseen and the organized
    INTJ/ENTJ=FiSe/SeFi=rebelling from considering worth and the immediate context
    INFJ/ENFJ=TiSe/SeTi=rebelling from analyzing and from the immediate context
    ISTJ/ESTJ=FiNe/NeFi=rebelling from considering worth and from the possible meanings
    ISFJ/ESFJ=TiNe/NeTi=rebelling from analyzing and from the possible meanings

So then, a common attitude for someone who is NTP would be that what is done is done, and to come up with the new and resist conformity. But at the same time, to go with the new is to build upon the past, and also doing so helps the NTP connect to people. But then someone who is NFP would be less likely to rebel in harmonizing and more likely to rebel against systemizing and such.

(Yes, the way I'm describing the functions here is probably oversimplified, but writing a paragraph on each one here would take too long...)

Does this way of looking at it work for anyone?

Anything that I should add or tear apart completely?
    Tune into Ventrilo weeknights between 6pm and 1am PST for continuation of universe dominating shenanigans and occassional type-related propaganda.........

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Looks like there may be something to that.
    The tertiary and inferior are usually "immature", and connected with the child and inferior complexes. So those may manifest like that.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFp None

"INFP/ENFP=SiTe/TeSi=rebelling from past experience and organizing"

This is really interesting and holds true for me!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yes, I would definitely say I've rebelled from past experience and organizing.

Makes sense. I've rebelled against other people's "systems" for most of my life, and in terms of past experience, I think this is the source of my "running."

I remember as an 18 year old looking around my grandparents nice little neighborhood in NC and being like, "this is not a place for a person like me."

I also eventually began to feel that way about West Virginia when I went back there.

In fact, I remember completely RESISTING going to WV at all between the ages of 12-17. Like "no no I won't go back there!"

Weird stuff, because my early childhood memories are pretty pleasant, especially the formative years.

I came to terms with Te first, much earlier than Si.

I've only come to terms with Si and learned to appreciate my past, I think, since my late twenties.

Then I like dwelled in it, which was weird. Running running running *dwell* ...run again.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I do think we become more "integrated" as we grow older though - my past is MUCH more integrated with my present than it was ten years ago.

And I'm much more capable of staying put, and wanting to stay put than I did when I was very young.

Integration is really a wonderful thing. I was aware of it as it was happening, except now I actually have terms for it as "Te" and "Si."

At the time it just felt like finally becoming whole or really beginning to mature.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

i thought that was some common knowledge about mbti

its bit more complicated tho. i should write about this more, i have pretty much included this for my whole understanding about MBTI
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

pretty good. imo. i like it. however, i would venture to say critical parent and opposing suit it in my case. in my case and only my case i only pull the FE card when a moment is worthy enough to phake like normal everyday dude to be able to sneak an unforeseen angle on the table of touchy conversation. i'll only pull the NI card to keep my spirit in my care when my karma alarm goes off due to it being, perhaps, compromised by external animate influence.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

Te as organizing barely plays a part in my life productively. I indulge in it on an informational sense though.. reinforcing and checking Fi with facts, so to speak. I don't care to be too subjective or idealistic to the point of massive disconnect with reality.. or something. At the same time, I see Te itself as subjective construct of "do's and don'ts" itself. Codified behaviors and methods developed over time in society. A lot of it has nothing to do with reality, per se. Just one perspective of it (a lot of it might be tied to collective Si too). What society unconsciously determined what was efficient and most productive to get from point A-to-B. It's necessary for Ne to inform more possibilities and creativity than that. It's necessary for Fi to point out who's been left on the sidelines. I neither want to duck my head under the covers and harmonize with it or adapt it's own methods for myself. I want to work with it somehow, but I'm not always sure how.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Now that I think of it, much of my nostalgia ("relief Si") is about a desire to redo the past to eliminate the negative memories, yet keep the trappings of the good ones. Especially regarding other people. (Like a lot of stuff about my old neighborhood, and a good number of my dreams seem to be connected to this). I've actually been aware of this for a long time.
    So that would definitely sound like SiFe "rebelling from past experience and connecting with others".
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Te as organizing barely plays a part in my life productively. I indulge in it on an informational sense though.. reinforcing and checking Fi with facts, so to speak. I don't care to be too subjective or idealistic to the point of massive disconnect with reality.. or something. At the same time, I see Te itself as subjective construct of "do's and don'ts" itself. Codified behaviors and methods developed over time in society. A lot of it has nothing to do with reality, per se. Just one perspective of it (a lot of it might be tied to collective Si too). What society unconsciously determined what was efficient and most productive to get from point A-to-B. It's necessary for Ne to inform more possibilities and creativity than that. It's necessary for Fi to point out who's been left on the sidelines. I neither want to duck my head under the covers and harmonize with it or adapt it's own methods for myself. I want to work with it somehow, but I'm not always sure how.
    tert is more for dont do's than inferior. iferior is even more on the unconscious than tert, so it might be hard to notice it, but its suppressed more because its the function thats the opposite of your dom function(Fi-Te, Ne-Si, Ti-Fe etc.). example for Si rejecting(or what op called rebelling) would be that past experiences(or impressions of past experiences) are haunting and you concentrate too much on not getting on situations that seem like they could give you the same sort of negative impressions that are similar to something in the past. now this can happen to ENXPs and INXPs, but it happens bit differently on I and E, because with ENXPs the Si is inferior and having less effect on the conscious thinking, they are more prone on doing the same mistakes again. except ofc when the past experience is something so big that it really got to them, then it will have even bigger effect, because if the ENXP starts to concentrate on inferior introverting, it will take all their energy faster than that does on INXP. its like INXPs do it more, but also have more control over it. when the Si is aux function, the person has more conscious kind of bond with the function and it seems less disturbing and has more positive than negative sides on it.

ofc tert function can be used for good things too, but it also has this negative side. its same as if an ENTP gets pissed off and he starts to reject new information according to Fe, but his Fe in this situation is pretty stupid and makes snap judgments, turns the ENTP to seem like a pissed off J. ENFPs do this with Te, etc etc

ill continue later
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read