User Tag List

First 4567 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 63

  1. #51
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    If you wouldn't mind athenian, could please elaborate?
    Well, okay. I feel that I should have a right to entertain an idea and see where it leads without being stamped with having accepted that idea, which is what I feel Gabe was trying to do to me.

    For instance, I did see what offended Gabe and several others in the description... namely the condemnation of ENxP's and Ne for a particular type of behavior BlueWing identified in them. I didn't actually agree that this behavior was a characteristic of xNxP's, I simply entertained the idea in order to try and understand why BlueWing believed what he did, which is what I prefer to do, even if I disagree. I wanted to delve further into the idea and see where the root of it was, whether I accepted it or not. I felt that Gabe simply wanted to force an end to any such discussion immediately, and make the entire situation about how BlueWing's association of this behavior with ENxP's affected them. With no investigation, and no tolerance of seeing any value in something that might be hurtful. They certainly have a right to feel offended, but I don't think that gives them the right to condemn me for entertaining his ideas.

    There have been a lot of people I feel have crashed a thread (and real discussions) in this way, and tried to insist that I have no right to react differently from them, lest I set myself against them.

    Also, I wish that they would carefully explain the reasons for their disagreement with the idea rather than simply condemning it because they found it offensive, because that doesn't really seem constructive to me.

    But it's really a moot point, as I think the thread has been carried away so far that there's no way to lead it back to a discussion of the OP.

    Do you see what I mean here?

  2. #52
    Senior Member Hexis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    1,442

    Default

    Ok so im a meglomaniac...do i count to fit in on this post/threads...@?!
    SDMF

  3. #53
    no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    The thing about me is that I don't believe in dismissing any perspectives, even if they can be hurtful. I believe every perspective has something to teach us.
    That's an interesting sentiment coming from someone who's condemned any number of the "mean" things in my posts.

    You and people like you keep trying to force your values on me, and I don't want them.
    What happened to "every standpoint has something to teach us"?
    we fukin won boys

  4. #54
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    Well, okay. I feel that I should have a right to entertain an idea and see where it leads without being stamped with having accepted that idea, which is what I feel Gabe was trying to do to me.

    For instance, I did see what offended Gabe and several others in the description... namely the condemnation of ENxP's and Ne for a particular type of behavior BlueWing identified in them. I didn't actually agree that this behavior was a characteristic of xNxP's, I simply entertained the idea in order to try and understand why BlueWing believed what he did, which is what I prefer to do, even if I disagree. I wanted to delve further into the idea and see where the root of it was, whether I accepted it or not. I felt that Gabe simply wanted to force an end to any such discussion immediately, and make the entire situation about how BlueWing's association of this behavior with ENxP's affected them. With no investigation, and no tolerance of seeing any value in something that might be hurtful. They certainly have a right to feel offended, but I don't think that gives them the right to condemn me for entertaining his ideas.

    There have been a lot of people I feel have crashed a thread (and real discussions) in this way, and tried to insist that I have no right to react differently from them, lest I set myself against them.

    Also, I wish that they would carefully explain the reasons for their disagreement with the idea rather than simply condemning it because they found it offensive, because that doesn't really seem constructive to me.

    But it's really a moot point, as I think the thread has been carried away so far that there's no way to lead it back to a discussion of the OP.

    Do you see what I mean here?
    Great post, and yes, I do see/understand what you mean.

    Unfortunately, I fear I've too been guilty of what you accuse Gabe, and Gabe, perhaps is less guilty of it. (I tend to knock BW down without appropriate explanation, whereas he actually has the patience to explain himself.)

    Actually, I feel quite enlightened by your post, thanks for sharing.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  5. #55
    Senior Member Grayscale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    istp
    Posts
    1,962

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    The thing about me is that I don't believe in dismissing any perspectives, even if they can be hurtful. I believe every perspective has something to teach us.

    I wish you had been more willing to compromise and think rather than insist that I'm on his side or yours, and that the situation be about how it affects you and others who share your reaction. I wanted it to be about the ideas that BW was pointing to, rather than its impact on a specific group of people. But if that's what you want to believe, then there's no way I can reason with you, and I'm sorry. You and people like you keep trying to force your values on me, and I don't want them.
    quoted for truth... everyone stands to benefit if they step out of their own point of view so we can contribute, process, and reach the most reasonable conclusions as a group. some people are earnestly concerned with finding the truth in something, quite a few more just use that as a guise to argue for what ultimately boils down to them taking the discussion personally.

    thank you for writing my thoughts here better than i could... unnecessary counterproductivity frustrates me to no end!

  6. #56
    Senior Member niffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    Well, okay. I feel that I should have a right to entertain an idea......
    etc etc
    ........Do you see what I mean here?
    Mhmm...after and pretty much excepting the first few posts made by Dana I began to notice that the behaviour of the ENFPs here was only reinforcing some of the points made in BW's post. I was disappointed, but said nothing.

    And I could, honestly, relate to most of what BW described in his post. I've been thinking about these aspects of myself for a while now, and I was pretty happy that someone had recognized that some ENXPs might share them and wrote about it. I thought this could perhaps turn into a real discussion about this shtuff, but alas...


    Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    noooooo. I'm sure whatever you do is not what BW is thinking about. BW has issues!! Please don't lend any hint of support to his bullshit.
    The fact that I can relate to most of this, that in fact there are others irl that notice these traits in me as well, that I have not been posting much here lately to give much of a picture of who I am and what I'm like- and yet for some reason having you be so sure that I know myself less than you know me and would think that I wouldn't have taken much more time thinking about it and answering than the time it took for you to come up with this response to my post, nevermind telling me what BlueWing (whose extensive posts regarding type and functions other than this one I'm sure you haven't even read) is like and presenting him as someone who apparently has "issues" without as much as a word of explanation...after looking at your post and looking back at the OP's and comparing the two does NOT exactly make me feel inclined to believe that it's made of more bullshit.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

  7. #57
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    niffer, though I do not know you personally, and have only read a handful of your posts, and half of your blog, with all due respect, I have my doubts regarding whether or not you are an ENFP, and your post in my thread http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...tml#post141501, basically solidified my suspicions.

    Whether or not you are an ENFP is kind of besides the point.

    Do you honestly feel that extroverted intuition is indicative of megalomania????

    In his OP, Mr. Wing insidiously referred to me as being a megalomaniac, and that is just ludicrous, truly.

    I think the reason why some of us are responding so passionately to BW, is the fact that he ascribes certain aspects to us that are, to most of us at least, abhorrently incorrect.

    What do you think?
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  8. #58
    Senior Member niffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    niffer, though I do not know you personally, and have only read a handful of your posts, and half of your blog, with all due respect, I have my doubts regarding whether or not you are an ENFP, and your post in my thread http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...tml#post141501, basically solidified my suspicions.

    Whether or not you are an ENFP is kind of besides the point.

    Do you honestly feel that Extroverted Intuition is indicative of megalomania????

    In his OP, Mr. Wing referred to me as being a megalomaniac, and that is just ludicrous, truly.

    I think the reason why some of us are responding so passionately to BW, is the fact that he ascribes certain aspects to us that are, to most of us at least, abhorrently incorrect.

    What do you think?
    Lol, I am pretty sure that none of us ENXPs on here would be considered megalomanic especially not you and not for the reason that he proposed. I don't think Ne is necessarily indicative of it, or if it is close to anything like it then I don't know if that would be the best word to describe it. I'm not sure, and I assumed that this would be a thread where we could talk about it. Without too many of the fireworks, LOL. I guess it's expected though, us being who we are..

    And lol, about me and my ENFPness (yes, Pness ), yeah I've doubted it too for a while and I do think I use Ti as secondary function a lot more openly than I do Fi. However, Fi makes me feel a lot freer and like it's me that's using it. Like I'm treating myself, hehe.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

  9. #59
    Senior Member Gish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    STUF
    Posts
    891

    Default

    I don't think that ENxP types are any more likely to be megalomaniacs than any other type, the effect of their behavior would just be more noticeable because they often tend to be very charismatic people, and have lots of influence. Many introverted types would gladly abuse the amount of influence ENxP types have if it wasn't for the fact that the majority of them are somewhat socially retarded and never come to gain that sort of control.
    Whoops.

  10. #60
    no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    niffer, though I do not know you personally, and have only read a handful of your posts, and half of your blog, with all due respect, I have my doubts regarding whether or not you are an ENFP, and your post in my thread http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...tml#post141501, basically solidified my suspicions.

    Whether or not you are an ENFP is kind of besides the point.

    Do you honestly feel that extroverted intuition is indicative of megalomania????
    His point wasn't that all Ne dominant people are megalomaniacs, only that it's easy to become such when Ne doesn't have any kind of grounding wire. Then he goes on to say that the corrupt egomaniacal introverted judgement is the quiet culprit -- the voice whispering to the schizophrenic to kill his children and the houseplants.

    No where in BWs post did he say that all EN_Ps are megalomaniacs.

    He used you and I to set his example, which is rude to be sure, especially given he doesn't know either of us very well. It's especially irritating because he thinks he does. But it's not an absolutely bad notion, I just think he's really putting it into false proportion.

    The longer post I made some pages back was 'passionate' (I guess...) because I, of course, had a few points of my own to make. One of those being about how ridiculously sensationalistic BW was professing.
    we fukin won boys

Similar Threads

  1. [NT] how does extroverted sensing and introverted intuition play with each other?
    By chado in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-30-2016, 08:25 PM
  2. Smiling and Extroverted Intuition
    By entropie in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-10-2008, 10:03 PM
  3. [MBTItm] Extroverted Intuition and dogfights!
    By entropie in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-15-2008, 06:03 AM
  4. Extroverted Judgment and Conventions/Traditions
    By proteanmix in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-15-2008, 06:53 AM
  5. Extroverted Intuition and Religion
    By SolitaryWalker in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 02-12-2008, 02:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO