User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Athenian: there's some underlying assumption here that the rest of us don't understand BW's perspective. We do. We understand it very well. It's just a stupid perspective. You just can't avoid taking sides here. Why not just say that you don't agree with him in the first place?
    Anyway, I hope what I'm about to say isn't too personal, but here it is: you seem to feel a need to defend people who say things that others find insulting or mean. Well, in this case (as well as a few others) it WAS insulting and mean. Understanding his perspective isn't going to go anywhere to resolving the conflict.
    Besides, if I wanted to UNderstand what's up with BW's perspective

to Bluewing: you seem to have some kind of unhealthy obsession-hatred of charismatic+ sociable people that includes a gross misinterpretation of thier behavior. A lot of what you wrote about real people could be 're-told' and make them sound much more fine. It's ironic that you have an obsession with propagandists, as half of your technique involves what most people would call 'spin'. Regardless of type, I would like to know what exactly you have against, say, someone who talks to several people in a short time, and is enthusiastic with all of them. What's your problem? (you do need to understand that it's YOU're problem, not thiers!)

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    Athenian: there's some underlying assumption here that the rest of us don't understand BW's perspective. We do. We understand it very well. It's just a stupid perspective. You just can't avoid taking sides here. Why not just say that you don't agree with him in the first place?
    Anyway, I hope what I'm about to say isn't too personal, but here it is: you seem to feel a need to defend people who say things that others find insulting or mean. Well, in this case (as well as a few others) it WAS insulting and mean. Understanding his perspective isn't going to go anywhere to resolving the conflict.
    Besides, if I wanted to UNderstand what's up with BW's perspective

to Bluewing: you seem to have some kind of unhealthy obsession-hatred of charismatic+ sociable people that includes a gross misinterpretation of thier behavior. A lot of what you wrote about real people could be 're-told' and make them sound much more fine. It's ironic that you have an obsession with propagandists, as half of your technique involves what most people would call 'spin'. Regardless of type, I would like to know what exactly you have against, say, someone who talks to several people in a short time, and is enthusiastic with all of them. What's your problem? (you do need to understand that it's YOU're problem, not thiers!)
    Quoted for being fucking spot on.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    Quoted for being fucking spot on.
    These are the kind of posts I was talking about, Haight. Unnecessary quoting.

What the hell... we have a damn rep system.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Seanan View Post
    One thing is sure... they're some type.

So why are the possibilities so disturbing to some here? I mean, I heard early on that INTPs are the most likely to become school shooters. Didn't bother me. Kinda sad when we can't discuss possibilities... course I'm a "P" that has any bearing at all on my viewpoint.
    it should bother you.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    These are the kind of posts I was talking about, Haight. Unnecessary quoting.

What the hell... we have a damn rep system.
    Sounds like someone's jealous his post wasn't quoted.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    By this logic, if the judgement is to blame, the IN_P is even more susceptible. They may not aim to perform, but if, suppose, Thinking were to get out of control they may plot an immensely complex terrorist movement, let alone an attack, to be carried out by whoever few they may share their ideas with.

Hey that's me! But wait... I'm not one of these people...
    And CC...

Yeah I'm exposing you, for the few who didn't already put it together.

I'm reporting this post, because Ivy told me I should use that function, and this is clearly just an elaborate insult given your last few lines, not to mention the many other ones.

And don't whip back with "This is exactly what I was talking about -- your judgement is egocentric." as I'm sure would be the immediate reflexive lash.

It's not really egocentrism if you're already talking about me.

So... he's offered a position whereby acceptance would allow him to excite even more, even larger audiences, and he turns it down. Doesn't sound like that really was his goal then.
    Oh ok, so he just got bored. Well either way, it wasn't only about drawing out a reaction. Certainly that may have been part of it, and likely enough, a bigger piece of the pie, but you can't really think his aim was so narrow... Can you?

I'm just curious... what trouble have I caused? Other than that which I've been punished for, what have I done?

Your account of my character couldn't be much more further off. The only thing you've gotten right is that I think highly of myself. I think more highly of myself than nearly anyone else. That doesn't mean I don't think highly of others.

You don't have my permission to IM or PM me about this. If you're so confident this is the truth, then you should have no issue taking care of it here.
    Quoted for being smarter than Gabe.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    ENTP

exactly, NOkapsy! People's motive's can't be described with sweeping generalizations. One of the greatest panderers ever was Abe Lincoln (on the campaign trail). Then he won the civil war and ended slavery. Personally, I wouldn't pander, but I sure don't fault one of the best presidents ever for it!

MBTI
    ENTP

Arite Gayb, enough is enough.
    we fukin won boys

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

har-har..."men".
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles