User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP

I wasn't going to say anything, but now I will say what I wanted to say:

As if NPs care that they're unappealing to you.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Why would we? He's an N_J anyway.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    INFP

I was referring to athenian. But I suppose the same goes for BW, who is definitely an INTP.

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

Interesting, I can relate to 99% of what you have described here BlueWing, to be honest. Hah, perhaps I am neurotic. The only thing though I wonder about is what a "core" is and what it means to not have one. And furthermore why that may be a bad thing.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I never thought of Richard Hatch as an ENTP. He seemed to carry himself like an INTJ. He was definitely a schemer, but it seemed like he focused on keeping his core 4 together and was often pretty offensive to the other tribe members. I would expect a Machivellian ENTP to be playing everyone all the time and keep his intentions more secretive. In other words an ENTP would befriend everyone up until the moment they were voted out (and even then be sympathetic to them to get the jury vote). In the first season of Survivor it was quite obvious what was going on in every show, but to his credit Hatch made sure that his group stuck relentlessly to his plan. This made me think he is an INTJ.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    Interesting, I can relate to 99% of what you have described here BlueWing, to be honest. Hah, perhaps I am neurotic. The only thing though I wonder about is what a "core" is and what it means to not have one. And furthermore why that may be a bad thing.
    noooooo. I'm sure whatever you do is not what BW is thinking about. BW has issues!! Please don't lend any hint of support to his bullshit.

MBTI
    ENTP

can a moderator pleeeeese put this thread in the graveyard? BW already did a post with an almost identical subject. I don't think anyone should have to waste thier time responding to this one.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Hey, how come Gabe isn't a mod?

He's clearly got a gift for these kinds of decisions.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    Zzzz

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    Anyway, I would have to say that there's probably a good reason they present false personalities. Most xNxP's real selves are terribly unappealing. I've always found that whenever one of them puts on a mask, I usually like them. Then when they show their true colors, I find it wasn't them I liked. I end up half-wishing they had held the mask just a little longer, even if it was an illusion... because it was such a beautiful illusion, especially compared to who they really are.
    Whoa-- To say most xNxPs real selves are unappealing?- Terribly unappealing to you, maybe. They certaintly aren't the only Types capable of putting on a mask, I dare say, we all do at one point or another but with different motivations and different approaches. There may be a good reason as you say. Have you tried asking those xNxP's why they put on a mask for you and what their reasons are? Perhaps, they felt you couldn't handle their true selves and they tried appeasing you with a personality they felt you'd like or accept? (Or maybe, it was because you were so easy to play with? Easy prey, you know?) I think most people, within all Types, do that when trying to win the favour of most people with all sorts of relationships. They may also do that with others they feel aren't easily accepting of their differences and also whom they may want acceptance from. They distrust that people will accept them, so they put on a front. It may be a form of self-protection too, especially if they've been judged by others for displaying their 'true selves' and found lacking or terribly unappealing as you say. They may not even behave "this or that way" with everyone but with particular people or groups of people whom they deem similar of being judgemental of others, with good reason or not. I'd think they'd mostly do it with good reason, though-

I should add, you're speaking of emotionally unhealthy xNxPs if they abuse you with that mask. Though, even emotionally healthier ones, I'd think, will don some kind of mask, at times when they choose to wear'em, but for teasingly harmless fun (or whatever they think is harmless ).. And I've been having in mind ENxPs, mostly. I can't really see what you've implied of INxPs being so similar to ENxPs at all...if you'd care to explain with regards to INxPs?

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

Originally Posted by athenian200
    Anyway, I would have to say that there's probably a good reason they present false personalities. Most xNxP's real selves are terribly unappealing. I've always found that whenever one of them puts on a mask, I usually like them. Then when they show their true colors, I find it wasn't them I liked. I end up half-wishing they had held the mask just a little longer, even if it was an illusion... because it was such a beautiful illusion, especially compared to who they really are.

What a generalization and judgement I might add. Everyone sugar-coats for multiple reasons: political correctness (rampant today), group dynamics, social acceptance, thoughtfulness about what the "other" can deal with, earning potential on and on. And a very significant one... deeming the "other" incapable of fathoming what's being said without sitting in judgement or seeing them as just judgemental types who will do that anyway.