• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The type with the most Emotional Intelligence

rav3n

I'll openly admit to laughing out loud about the results of Thompson's studies and the subsequent tearing apart of it! :rofl1:

Mephistopheles

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w5
This is a common misconception about Fi, that's it's mainly about understanding self. The thing is, when examining the self, you're examining the inner landscape of a human. It's like, once you've dissected a frog, then you have a general understanding of what the inside of a frog looks like, and you can apply that general knowledge to all frogs. This is how Fi-doms grasp other people (and Ne particularly aids in imagining that which one has not experienced directly). This is also in-line with what Jung says about Fi appealing to the similarity of people internally, and how it is possible to communicate feeling to others & be understood, and by extension, I'd say able to understand others also.

Thx! Fi is still the hardest function for me to grasp. Though I didn't really believed completely in what I was writing myself, I merely tried to find a way how the test could be right. But I read through the texts about the test etc. and it seems to be rather a "how to behave like a leader" than actually like a EI-measurement-tool.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
bold: agreed (most people take disagreement way too friggin seriously lol)
emotional intelligence is about comprehending what someone feels and why. Feeling (more Fe but also Fi) is attuned to what the other person is feeling, but Ne and Ni are the why. NFs have an almost psychic ability to read people's true motivations and intentions and why they're feeling how they are. that being said, SPs also seem to have fairly high emotional intelligence, but NFs trump all at communicating and solving emotional problems.

i don't know the function but i know i can definitely feel with people...sometimes my ne might be to blame for misunderstanding the feeling or thinking it's directed at me sometimes when it's not...but i can always feel what they're feeling....i wish i couldn't sometimes.

G

Glycerine

I don't see what's so bad about EXTJs supposedly having an high EQ......it's not necessarily wrong. Besides, I have always gotten the impression the Jenaphor and YWIR probably have good EQs.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
YWIR seems to. People also believe she's ExFP because of it.

rav3n

I don't see what's so bad about EXTJs supposedly having an high EQ......it's not necessarily wrong.
What I found funny was the indignation that two blatantly obvious blunt thinkers, would dare to impinge on what's viewed as Feeler turf! :laugh:

But it really does have to do with people's interpretation of the definition of EQ. ExTJs are pretty good at cutting to the chase. We tend to be able to see through other people's shit and try to focus on the tasks at hand. We're also sensitive to manipulation, as in, part of the cutting to the chase.

Now, if EQ is viewed as smoothing feathers, my opinion is that it's not our preference. We can do it and some, unlike myself, are very good at it. But once again, it's not our preference since there are usually more efficient routes to getting things done.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My emotional intelligence is sky high, I just choose not to use any of it in practice. Rah hah hah.

I once did an EQ test, just for fun. Answered pretty accurately (as far as that was possible, the questions were a bit, meh.)

I scored like the bottom percentile or something.

._.

F

figsfiggyfigs

Makes sense that entjs are at the top. BooyAhhhh. Eat our dusts beeches!!!

F

figsfiggyfigs

Lol... Im just noticed that i was mentioned in this thread as an example. Them last 2 posts don't make me look so good. :laugh:

F

figsfiggyfigs

I had just written thislong ass response to jenaohors earlier post about entjs and EQ, was about to press enter, and my freaking touch battery dies. I cursed the heavens.

h
Ps: wanted to quickly add. It does actually make sense to me that te top 2 most manipulative types, the least Fi, are also the top 2 most emotionally intelligent types.

Last edited:

rav3n

Sucks when something like that happens or when either the site goes down or you lose connectivity. I consider these all aspects of the Internetz monster who eats text so when writing long responses, tend to copy prior to hitting send/submit/post. Hope you recall most of it so you can paraphrase your thoughts again.

F

figsfiggyfigs

Notice the top EQ of types ARE the ones precieved by others as being the most manipulative.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I had just written thislong ass response to jenaohors earlier post about entjs and EQ, was about to press enter, and my freaking touch battery dies. I cursed the heavens.

h
Ps: wanted to quickly add. It does actually make sense to me that te top 2 most manipulative types, the least Fi, are also the top 2 most emotionally intelligent types.

I don't think that's real emotional intelligence - if that were the case, sociopaths would have high EQ.

I'm not saying ENTJs can't be emotionally intelligent (of course they can!!! :hug:) but I think emotional intelligence also requires being able to nurture, comfort, counsel, and empathize with other people readily. It also requires acceptance and analyzation of feelings.

F

figsfiggyfigs

It's just that, yeah, sure, F types might stereotypically have more emotional intelligence and T types more logical intelligence.
"

People are usually like a computer program, they're sort of predictable in the way they behave and react to things. After observing them in all sorts of situations, you can ultimately calculate the odds of them reacting a certain way. So, it only makes sense that ther is a pattern to everything. If you are aware of the pattern, the odds of you knowing when an individual will be upset/ happy/ angry, are rather high. Now there are plenty of other elements, but if you can include them in the equation, the rest is like walking, You'll most likely get the hang if it.

I think people consider the feeling aspect of humans to be a weak spot. Which is idiotic. Imagine what you can do when you have a common human figured out. When they're emotionally invested in a person that is not emotionsly invest in them. They'll be a puppet to the puppet master. You can utilize that and make work so much more efficient when people are willing to do more than they usually will to help you achieve that goal.

This makes me sound horrible. I'm just saying. If you know how to butter your bread. Breakfast Is going to taste so much better.

Having EQ is a great tool. And when all else fails, including being direct, it's great to have a plan b to fall on

I don't think that's real emotional intelligence - if that were the case, sociopaths would have high EQ.

I'm not saying ENTJs can't be emotionally intelligent (of course they can!!! :hug:) but I think emotional intelligence also requires being able to nurture, comfort, counsel, and empathize with other people readily. It also requires acceptance and analyzation of feelings.

These things are easily achievable without having to be emotionally involved. It's not hard to know what people want, and what makes them feel "special/important"

Only genuinely special people get that kind of treatment from me.

Last edited: