User Tag List

First 56789 Last

ENTJ's, yes. ESTJ's? Not sure I agree with that.

From what I've read on TypeC, ENTPs tend to top the list for being manipulative but they don't appear to have made the cut.

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    ENTJ's, yes. ESTJ's? Not sure I agree with that.

From what I've read on TypeC, ENTPs tend to top the list for being manipulative but they don't appear to have made the cut.
    This is brand new info for me. Ive always been aware of entps being refered to as sexually manipulative.... Sorry entps for just calling you whores. Lol if anything. I'd say their desire to seem like they "do not really give a shit" is what can possily make them appear manipulative to others, to be fair, this is concluded fr my own observation....

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    People are usually like a computer program, they're sort of predictable in the way they behave and react to things. After observing them in all sorts of situations, you can ultimately calculate the odds of them reacting a certain way. So, it only makes sense that ther is a pattern to everything. If you are aware of the pattern, the odds of you knowing when an individual will be upset/ happy/ angry, are rather high. Now there are plenty of other elements, but if you can include them in the equation, the rest is like walking, You'll most likely get the hang if it.

I think people consider the feeling aspect of humans to be a weak spot. Which is idiotic. Imagine what you can do when you have a common human figured out. When they're emotionally invested in a person that is not emotionsly invest in them. They'll be a puppet to the puppet master. You can utilize that and make work so much more efficient when people are willing to do more than they usually will to help you achieve that goal.

This makes me sound horrible. I'm just saying. If you know how to butter your bread. Breakfast Is going to taste so much better.

Having EQ is a great tool. And when all else fails, including being direct, it's great to have a plan b to fall on
    I believe that's related to IQ, not necessarily EQ. Figuring out how people are going to react -- re: puppet/puppet master - sounds like sociopath talk. Not that you are.

I'm saying that I consider myself high average on EQ, but still average...I actually consider many ENFJs and IxFJs I've met to be some of the most Emotionally Intelligent people I've encountered...IxFPs can also be quite emotionally intelligent if they're extremely ethical and introspective.

I don't consider myself above average because of my sensitivity and occasional lack of restraint, but at least I know what my real feelings are. I never wonder what I'm feeling, and I'm good at recognizing what others feel...people IRL also comment on how adaptable, kind, and helpful I am -- I'm not the beast I sometimes appear to be on here.

I will say this, though, ExFx also tend to have the manipulative traits of which you speak, ESFJs, ENFJs, and ENFPs, and ESFPs...so that really seems to be what they're measuring for, which strikes me as someone who doesn't really understand what EQ fully is.

It seems like the person who conducted this survey could be easily fooled by a narcissist or sociopath.

This is brand new info for me. Ive always been aware of entps being refered to as sexually manipulative.... Sorry entps for just calling you whores. Lol if anything. I'd say their desire to seem like they "do not really give a shit" is what can possily make them appear manipulative to others, to be fair, this is concluded fr my own observation....
    It does vary per ENTP. But the more extreme ones tend to stir the pot a lot more than other types.

Regardless, I look at the average ENTJ on TypeC and see less manipulative, more steam rolling tactics, an attempt to power through instead of slide around.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Whoa, ENTPs are extraordinarily manipulative if they've got grasp of that tertiary Fe. lol.

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I believe that's related to IQ, not necessarily EQ. Figuring out how people are going to react -- re: puppet/puppet master - sounds like sociopath talk. .

Not necessarily. Putting aside the puppet: puppet master part(which I think still remains a possibility). Being emotionally intelligent is being able to understand the elements involved,the resulting emotions of yours and others, and above all, being able to control and manage them.

Depending on who you're delaying with, and the severity of the situation, Knowing how to utilize re pattern is key. Sometimes, a form of manipulation is required.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Not necessarily. Putting aside the puppet: puppet master part(which I think still remains a possibility). Being emotionally intelligent is being able to understand the elements involved,the resulting emotions of yours and others, and above all, being able to control and manage them.
    If managing and controlling emotions are "above all" EQ, then IxTJs would be emotional geniuses.

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    It does vary per ENTP. But the more extreme ones tend to stir the pot a lot more than other types.

Regardless, I look at the average ENTJ on TypeC and see less manipulative, more steam rolling tactics, an attempt to power through instead of slide around.
    Oh yes. I agree. Steam rolling is our thing. I don't have the patience for manipulation. I prefer a form of pursuasion a lot more fun. Usually a trade if some sort as an incentive. It's only fair >: D

I find that the really unhealthy ones to be the most manipulative. Besides, I find people who are easily manipulated a little too naive and submissive for my taste.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Can you guys stop talking about me. I'm standing right here.
    Oh, its
    You

A window to the soul

If 'emotional intelligence' is how well we connect with people, how well we interpret emotions, and how well we share our emotions, then I'm going to guess that an Fe-dom user has the greatest potential to be emotionally intelligent. Based on Lenore Thomson's book (Personality Type: An Owner's Manual), Fi is a right-brain function, which encourages one to make emotional decisions based on internal abstractions. Fe is a left-brain function, which encourages one to make rational decisions based on outward left brain criteria. "Fe is conceptual and analytical." With that understanding, I'm guessing ENFJ's and ESFJ's are naturals at 'emotional intelligence'. Though I understand there may be a lot more to consider.