Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Well, thank God otherwise this discussion would get very boring very quickly.
    Let's see... Fe is ethical focus based on external input, versus ethical focus on internal input (Fi). Further, Fe + Se types (NFJ/STP) focus on the ethical atmosphere based on present raw input (Se) and a flexible mindset (Ni), versus mapped input (Si) and possibilities (Ne). Ever wonder why the snake oil salesman stereotype is ESTP?
    bold: agreed (most people take disagreement way too friggin seriously lol)
    emotional intelligence is about comprehending what someone feels and why. Feeling (more Fe but also Fi) is attuned to what the other person is feeling, but Ne and Ni are the why. NFs have an almost psychic ability to read people's true motivations and intentions and why they're feeling how they are. that being said, SPs also seem to have fairly high emotional intelligence, but NFs trump all at communicating and solving emotional problems.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

lmao, Ns are not psychic. Intuition is an attitude focusing on the abstract, possibilities, ideas; and is less attuned to receiving raw data from the outer world -- thus is less adept at reading cues off people's behavior. Given that we don't make up for it by reading their minds, that puts us at a disadvantage when trying to size people up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

Glycerine

ESTJ FOR THE WIN. Actually, someone did post a study on the forum where the Te doms were the best at this and INFPs sucked at this type of thing (dead last). I am way to lazy too search for it.

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Thought I'd throw this in the mix.. It was a surprise to me..

"In a the recent issue of the Bulletin for Psychological Type (Vol. 29, No.3 2006), one of the authors, Henry “Dick” Thompson (2006, p. 18), reported on some of his research into EI and Type. Of the 5 personality types with the highest overall EQ score, three preferred Feeling and two preferred Thinking. In fact the top 2 were ENTJ and ESTJ ! (followed by ENFJ, ESFP, and ENFP). Of the 5 personality types with the lowest overall EQ score, three were Feeling types and two were Thinking types. And surprisingly, the bottom two were Feeling types: ISFJ and INFP! People looking for a correlation between EQ and Feeling won’t find it in Thompson’s research! About the only conclusion Thompson seemed willing to risk from this study was it appears that the EQ measures have a bias towards Extraversion.

Another authority of Personality Type, Elizabeth Murphy (2006, p. 26), reported on a study that found a correlation between dominant Intuition and high EI scores. Murphy noted that this same study, like Thompson's, found no relationship between EI and Feeling."
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    lmao, Ns are not psychic
    true, but NFs can seem like it. both intuition and feeling are highly subjective and near impossible to dublicate via observation. NFs can get on intimate terms with the other person's emotions extremely quickly.

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post

"In a the recent issue of the Bulletin for Psychological Type (Vol. 29, No.3 2006), one of the authors, Henry “Dick” Thompson (2006, p. 18), reported on some of his research into EI and Type. Of the 5 personality types with the highest overall EQ score, three preferred Feeling and two preferred Thinking. In fact the top 2 were ENTJ and ESTJ ! (followed by ENFJ, ESFP, and ENFP). Of the 5 personality types with the lowest overall EQ score, three were Feeling types and two were Thinking types. And surprisingly, the bottom two were Feeling types: ISFJ and INFP! People looking for a correlation between EQ and Feeling won’t find it in Thompson’s research! About the only conclusion Thompson seemed willing to risk from this study was it appears that the EQ measures have a bias towards Extraversion.

Another authority of Personality Type, Elizabeth Murphy (2006, p. 26), reported on a study that found a correlation between dominant Intuition and high EI scores. Murphy noted that this same study, like Thompson's, found no relationship between EI and Feeling."
    Thank you for finding that. We were on the same wavelength.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post

Interesting - it doesn't correlate with F or Fe. With that in mind, I wonder what exactly makes some types better at it than others, other than Extroversion...
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

henry thompson's study
    the EQ test used

Total EI
    top 5: ENTJ, ESTJ, ENFJ, ESFP, ENFP
    bottom 5: ISTP, INFJ, ISTJ, ISFJ, INFP

Self-Awareness
    top 5: ENFJ, ENFP, ESFP, ESTJ, ESFJ
    bottom 5: INFJ, INTP, ISTP, ISFJ, ISTJ

the extravert/introvert divide is surprising

also interesting:

My work with Type and EI over the years leads me to the following working hypotheses:

All attitudes, functions and function-attitudes are affected by emotions.
    The Type-Emotion relationship is recursive.
    Type mediates emotional action patterns.
    Type mediates EI.
    EI is innate in the way Type is innate.
    EI is developing concomitantly with Type
    Both Type and EI are dynamical systems and interact as such.
    Type and EI are components within the same Human system and share a nonlinear relationship, such that each influences the development and use of the other.
    In general, some Types are predisposed to have higher EI potential than others (Superman’s cape again).

So far, I have been presenting my models of Type and EI through the dynamical systems lens. Now a brief look at two other perspectives.

Pearman (2001) says that each Psychological Type develops interpersonal awareness and competence in different ways and that EI is related more to one’s overall development, not Type. He further elaborates by hypothesizing a relationship between the function-attitudes (mental processes) and the eight abilities of emotional intelligence proposed by some EI theorists. For a more detailed description of Pearman’s (2006) thoughts, see his article in this issue.

Maddocks (2004) takes the approach that EI is about managing our Type (personality) and not that some Types have more or less EI than others. He does believe, however, that it would be useful to identify patterns of differences among Types. More recently, he hypothesized the fit of the function-attitudes into his four-quadrant EI model, such that Si and Ni are about Self Awareness, Se and Ne are about Other Awareness, Ti and Fi are about Self Management and Te and Fe are about Relationship Management. For a more detailed description of Maddocks’s (2006) thoughts, see his article in this issue.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

How is EQ typically measured? I've never taken an official EQ test, just an online one. Just going by that though, it seems to me that a large chunk of it is self-reporting, which makes sense for Te-doms to score well on. They tend to be over-confident in their abilities. You can also answer the question with the "right" answer, or truly based on how you feel. I don't see emotional dishonesty as being a higher EQ, and yet it could score you higher.... When I've taken the test, I always choose what is honest, even if takes my score down for supposedly being prone to depression or whatever. I know the "correct" answer though.

EQ is going to be largely related to social values in some ways also, which extroverts & Je types will often adhere to more, but are these really the superior standards or healthier attitudes? Many a Fi-dom will say "no", they need heavy revision and are rather shallow in many ways. I think its much harder to measure than IQ, because there's less of a clear right/wrong on a test.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Hmmm.... I sort of assumed that EQ had to do with interpersonal intelligence (which, as is abundantly obvious, ENFJs and ESTPs have BY FAR the best time with). If it has to do with internal neuroticism, etc. then it'd make sense for Te-doms to get top scores on it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole