User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Glycerine

It really depends on what school you go to because I intuit the crap out of EVERYTHING and get fairly high marks,
    EDIT:But then again, INTPs are supposedly the archetypal professor types.

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    Don't hold your breath for that.
    Agreed!

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

<---- This guy.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    university research is actually pretty neat if you value variety and flexibility
    Not as far as I've seen.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Illmatic View Post
    I think these three types are the smartest (INTJ, INTP, INFP), anyone agree with me?
    According to a 2003 study the smartest type is INTJ and the dumbest ESFP, but that runs into inevitable flaws with self-reporting bias, mistypes (which occur somewhat amazingly frequently), badly written tests; and to boot I have no idea what the actual margin is.

So in short, we don't know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Not sure, it highly depends on the topic I guess. I always think of SJ's as being the ones to have the stamina and will to sit in a classroom every day and follow through with all the tasks necessary to get the best grades. A lot of times I see SJ's doing the most accurate and correct thing that you're supposed to do to succeed. So, SJ's would naturally do best in school.
    I'd put my stamp of approval on this statement.

My gift is memorization. I can read a text book and absorb it like a sponge. And fortunately for me... Our educational system rewards that ability. High school was a breeze and undergrad wasn't too bad either.

The problem I am running into in Graduate school is... Professors spend more time asking you to extrapolate your own ideas from information that is presented... Or asking you, "Ok, so your textbook told you that when X happens, Y does this. Now can you tell me WHY you think that happens?" That's where I hit a speedbump.

One of my chemistry professors keeps stressing that we MUST understand how/why mechanisms act the way they do, because we won't be able to memorize 450 different reactions. My response.... "Wanna bet?" *Patches proceeds to make 450 flash cards*.

I don't know if other ISTJ's process information the same way I do, but I wouldn't really refer to it as 'smart'. More like a computer. Insert data, and I can repeat it back to you whenever you request it. But I can't make up new data out of thin air.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    I don't know if other ISTJ's process information the same way I do, but I wouldn't really refer to it as 'smart'. More like a computer. Insert data, and I can repeat it back to you whenever you request it. But I can't make up new data out of thin air.
    This is much like my ex-husband (ISTJ). He could recall stats, every detail learned in school, was fantastic at memorizing formulas, could spit anything out verbatim. And yet when it came to synthesizing information into a new conceptual whole, had difficulties doing it and got frustrated.

We used to have these discussions about [insert topic] where he'd want to talk about the here and now, as it related to "tried and true" and I'd want to discuss the possibilities. We'd both get annoyed after awhile since it appeared he wouldn't budge. In retrospect, it wasn't wouldn't, it was couldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Illmatic View Post
    I think these three types are the smartest (INTJ, INTP, INFP), anyone agree with me?
    Troll.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

garbage

Last edited by garbage; 03-16-2011 at 10:17 PM. Reason: redacted

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Movable type was pretty damn smart.