User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Guess a p guy will never be the smartest since the J guys are too occupied with themselves
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Guess a p guy will never be the smartest since the J guys are too occupied with themselves
    NTP's are booksmart if nothing else, but here's what I've realized about me: I want to have a fairly thorough understanding of ALL subjects. If you took myself and an INTJ and you said, "you have 1 year to learn as much as you can about THIS ONE SUBJECT" - INTJ would crush me. They'd go deeper and have more tenacity and more stick-to-itiveness than I ever could. I'm able to learn just as quickly as them, but after 1 year their hard work would pay off and they would know more than me about that one subject. They'd know A LOT. I'd just know "enough".

But, if you said, "you have 1 year to learn everything you can about anything you want" and report back in 1 year about a huge variety of subjects, that's where I'd thrive. Cuz it would allow me to jump from subject to subject. I'd learn Physics for 1 solid week, then I'd go "that's stupid. Next week I'm going to learn to speak Japanese." Next week - how to cook authentic Italian. Next week - the climate of the Pacific Islands. Next week - whatever. So, NTP's can learn whatever we put our minds to, but we don't really care to stick to 1 subject. We want to explore a variety of topics.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    NTP's are booksmart if nothing else, but here's what I've realized about me: I want to have a fairly thorough understanding of ALL subjects. If you took myself and an INTJ and you said, "you have 1 year to learn as much as you can about THIS ONE SUBJECT" - INTJ would crush me. They'd go deeper and have more tenacity and more stick-to-itiveness than I ever could. I'm able to learn just as quickly as them, but after 1 year their hard work would pay off and they would know more than me about that one subject. They'd know A LOT. I'd just know "enough".

But, if you said, "you have 1 year to learn everything you can about anything you want" and report back in 1 year about a huge variety of subjects, that's where I'd thrive. Cuz it would allow me to jump from subject to subject. I'd learn Physics for 1 solid week, then I'd go "that's stupid. Next week I'm going to learn to speak Japanese." Next week - how to cook authentic Italian. Next week - the climate of the Pacific Islands. Next week - whatever. So, NTP's can learn whatever we put our minds to, but we don't really care to stick to 1 subject. We want to explore a variety of topics.
    *signed* In german we call our NTJ's "Fachidioten", which means "Fach - topic" , "Idioten - idiots". Means they are totally good at 1 topic and besides that cant even probably shake hands. I think this is a kinda hard way to call them, nevertheless I am still quite envious about how damn good some get in their fields

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post

I feel like sense we try to connect everything we perceive together somehow, even though we're doing several different tasks each skill required strenghtens or correlates with something else we've already done, which allows us to not only learn this new subject, but increase our ability in skills we've already learned, which amasses to one great thing eventually.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Ya or makes you insane and think you are the total womanizer because you're good at math

ReflecTcelfeR

A lot of beliefs start out as delusions, perhaps it was just a few of these that morphed themselves into truths.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Hmm, well said. Good thing to say to get away with things

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I know an ENTP who got a Ph.D. because of a bet he made (he never got compensated for winning the bet - the other guy went bankrupt). He became a successful professor, but I think he's bored out of his mind with it.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

You bet, I am gonna make this Dr.-Ing. or Ph.D. aswell, just because I want to read it on my tombstone, but when I see what "researchers" are doing at University, omg. Kill me right away

ReflecTcelfeR

I want to get one too. I don't really know how difficult attaining one would be. I think most of the effort would be spent trying to constantly care about just one topic to write on in your thesis paper.