User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

SJ's? I know ISTJ's do well in school, but I'd take an INTJ in the classroom over an ISTJ any day of the week. Especially graduate level stuff - Master's, Ph.D., etc.

If you're talking something like accounting, then yeah, ISTJ's. But, the deeper you go into a subject, the ISTJ's will lose interest. I know 2 ISTJ's who did awesome in high school and college (accounting; engineering), but when you started talking about the Master's type material - the deeper understanding of the subject, they checked out. They didn't want anything to do with it. When you get into more complex subjects like Physics, neuroscience, and medicine, stuff like that, SJ would not be the *best in the classroom*. Also, stuff like languages and humanities would, all things equal, tend to be more fit for some of the NF types. It really just depends on what types of skills are required for each subject.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

When we walk into independent ideas to cause effect and scope ourselves to a profession, perhaps. Things become more diverse. I assume the OP is talking about high school though. He seems rather young.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

If he's talking about grades K-8, then I'd say INTP.

No, but seriously, I know an INTJ who is very competitive in the classroom and if he were in this thread, he'd say, "I could outperform an ISTJ in any classroom on any day. No question about it." Some of that is maybe arrogance, but I do think some of it is truth. There are many other ways to measure a man than just by his classroom performance, but if we're talking strictly about in-class abilities....................

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by PH. View Post
    You have different kinds of "smart". S's are smart in a way that is measured by grades in school. N's are another type of smart. If you put all the types together, then you'd have the smartest group of people. Kind of what Mace attempted actually

Edit: not any more xD
    You have 85 more posts to get it together before you lose credibility around here.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    SJ's? I know ISTJ's do well in school, but I'd take an INTJ in the classroom over an ISTJ any day of the week. Especially graduate level stuff - Master's, Ph.D., etc.

If you're talking something like accounting, then yeah, ISTJ's. But, the deeper you go into a subject, the ISTJ's will lose interest. I know 2 ISTJ's who did awesome in high school and college (accounting; engineering), but when you started talking about the Master's type material - the deeper understanding of the subject, they checked out. They didn't want anything to do with it. When you get into more complex subjects like Physics, neuroscience, and medicine, stuff like that, SJ would not be the *best in the classroom*. Also, stuff like languages and humanities would, all things equal, tend to be more fit for some of the NF types. It really just depends on what types of skills are required for each subject.
    Depends on the subject, man. I can't stress that enough. IMO there are some things where it's just not interesting or even necessary to go beyond the surface. Other areas, I don't mind the deep dive and I'd rather go there than stay surface. Depends. I will say that an N type will probably have more input into the "deeper" discussion, though.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

I think you'll find, INTPness, that ISTJs are very very consistent in their work, perhaps the most consistent of all types according to the profiles. That INTJ shouldn't lay that down so easily. Whether or not he has a talent of recognising dreams and moving towards them doesn't necessarily make him a harder worker.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    I think you'll find, INTPness, that ISTJs are very very consistent in their work, perhaps the most consistent of all types according to the profiles. That INTJ shouldn't lay that down so easily. Whether or not he has a talent of recognising dreams and moving towards them doesn't necessarily make him a harder worker.
    Exactly. Grades are usually handed out for results, (completed papers, assignments, homework, etc). Any smart student will know they need to focus on those for success.

I can tell you, in the work I do, I love the thought process and discussion, hate the administrative nature (documentation and tracking). You can have the best ideas and input, but if you can't translate that into something tangible in an organized, timely manner, you're not likely to succeed.

Most endeavors in life need both S and N type strengths.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    Depends on the subject, man. I can't stress that enough. IMO there are some things where it's just not interesting or even necessary to go beyond the surface. Other areas, I don't mind the deep dive and I'd rather go there than stay surface. Depends. I will say that an N type will probably have more input into the "deeper" discussion, though.
    Yes, I agree. I even said the same thing at the end of post #31. Performance is subject dependent - not only because of inherent skill set, but because of *interest* in the subject. If one is interested, they'll do well.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    I agree with the hard work and consistency for ISTJ's. Defnitely. But, when you start talking about recognizing dreams and moving toward them, that's completely different than simple "classroom performance". Now we're getting into a much more broad discussion.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    I agree with the hard work and consistency for ISTJ's. Defnitely. But, when you start talking about recognizing dreams and moving toward them, that's completely different than simple "classroom performance". Now we're getting into a much more broad discussion.
    There is academic criteria. The ISTJs may do better in adhering to them in accordance to their consistency. The INTJs will have their vision and try to go ways of their own risking the borders. They may be less consistent in following the particular criteria set to them. Their will be more grounding for the ISTJ while unpredictability for the INTJ.