User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ERTP

Default The Weaknesses of iNtuitives seen through Sensing Eyes

Hi there!

For years I have been wanting to find some good Sensate criticisms of iNtuitives. But I never really have. Here we have, for the first time, to my knowledge, a good critique from an obviously intelligent Sensate. Please take a look:

http://www.celebritytypes.com/blog/2...singintuition/

Are you more interested in straightforward facts than in flighty theory and philosophy? Do you prefer action, and constant activity in your life? Are you primarily interested in results? Then you are probably Sensing.

On the other hand, if you would rather discuss ideas and abstract concepts, and ignore immediate events, then chances are that you might also find the sports channel boring. Likewise, if you have a hard time remembering the colour of the building outside your window, or where you put those important tax documents, then you might be iNtuitive.
    And be sure to discuss it in this thread Of course, the cirticism isn't perfect or exhaustive, but I found it stimulating, never the less.
    best collection of philosopher typings online

http://www.celebritytypes.com/philosophers/

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Duh. We know what our weaknesses are...we lose our car keys, don't remember what kind of car "that dude" was driving, couldn't tell you for the life of us exactly what happened at the scene of the crime (though we know the crime took place and already have theories on the motive)...

This isn't exactly ground-breaking news. We hear it our entire lives, or simply have a self-awareness of it.

Anyway...

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

^
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by from the article
    Despite the fact that it is impossible to determine with 100% certainty whether a given person is S or N, you will none the less find dozens of threads on http://www.typologycentral.com that eagerly discuss whether a given celebrity is S or N. Typology Central is of course, an N-dominated website, for what sane Senser would bother to waste his time on this?
    lol.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    ERTP

Marmie Dearest youre just being negative because the author called you on your love of TOP GUN as a homo-erotic drama.

As a concrete example of the difference between S and N, let us imagine that an S and an N goes to the movies to see Top Gun. After they have seen the movie they are each asked to give an account of what it was about. The S type will say that Top Gun is about a bunch of elite pilots undergoing military training and eventually they end up fighting the Russians. But the N type will say that Top Gun is a homo-erotic love drama.
    best collection of philosopher typings online

http://www.celebritytypes.com/philosophers/

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I think this guy is specifically referring to annoying INTP grad students who see whatever they want to see in other people's films, literature, and poems.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I think this guy is specifically referring to annoying INTP grad students who see whatever they want to see in other people's films, literature, and poems.

Hey, take it easy.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    for what sane Senser would bother to waste his time on this?
    Indeed.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

garbage

In my opinion you should strive to master the positive elements of both Sensing and iNtuition.
    more people should actually try this, yeah

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

it's sort of true though, i'd say the average N - especially NP or INJ - is fairly aware of their reality-removal-weaknesses. i suspect part of why the whole stupid "N superiority" thing arose is that because given internet forums, where one does not have to deal much with Sensing if one does not choose to (as opposed to, you know, real life), some especially reality-impaired Ns rejoiced at their newfound relative lack of ineptitude, and promptly deluded themselves into thinking that "more competent than before" could equal "more competent than others".

don't be silly though, mr. article writer, EPs of all varieties like S birthday parties