*ready to change type to>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ESTP*

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post

it's sort of true though, i'd say the average N - especially NP or INJ - is fairly aware of their reality-removal-weaknesses. i suspect part of why the whole stupid "N superiority" thing arose is that because given internet forums, where one does not have to deal much with Sensing if one does not choose to (as opposed to, you know, real life), some especially reality-impaired Ns rejoiced at their newfound relative lack of ineptitude, and promptly deluded themselves into thinking that "more competent than before" could equal "more competent than others".

don't be silly though, mr. article writer, EPs of all varieties like S birthday parties
    Agreed... you don't meet many N's like this in life though. I think they stay in their houses. I guess I don't have any particular beef with N's... If I think of a few specific N's I can come up with traits that I don't like about them, that happen to be N related... But I don't see any outstanding patterns as an entire group.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Permabanned

A big weakness of N..

1. iNtuitives see pattern that may or may not be there..then give significance to those patterns...and then wonder why they got burned when things didn't go as expected.
    1. iNtuitives see patterns...try to explain to other people what these patterns are..and get labeled as crazy..leaving said iNtuitive in state of complete confusion.

or maybe that's just me..

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    Hey, take it easy.
    lulz omg it was a joke

I was an English Lit major and sometimes got annoyed with the interpretations I read in graduate-level literary analysis because some of it seemed like utter projection rather than analysis of what was there. It's artistic interpretation, of course, but it's highly subjective.

I don't think everyone in grad school is an INTP, either. Fun typology stereotypes!

JOKE * JOKE * JOKE * JOKE

Sniffles

As a concrete example of the difference between S and N, let us imagine that an S and an N goes to the movies to see Top Gun. After they have seen the movie they are each asked to give an account of what it was about. The S type will say that Top Gun is about a bunch of elite pilots undergoing military training and eventually they end up fighting the Russians. But the N type will say that Top Gun is a homo-erotic love drama.
    Well gee I must be a Sensor, although I've always wondered who exactly they were fighting, and they certainly were not Russians unless WWIII was underway. No it obviously had to be a Russian client state in the Indian Ocean area, and well there's several potential answers to that. Sorry for being oblivious to those homo-erotic themes.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

That's because you're an ISFJ Peguy.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Mkenya View Post
    A big weakness of N..

1. iNtuitives see pattern that may or may not be there..then give significance to those patterns...and then wonder why they got burned when things didn't go as expected.
    1. iNtuitives see patterns...try to explain to other people what these patterns are..and get labeled as crazy..leaving said iNtuitive in state of complete confusion.

or maybe that's just me..
    Yea, you're right. Except from a sensor's point of view, sometimes it appears as if N's can make huge assumptive jumps in logic that may or may not be true. And when those jumps are not true, it's annoying.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.celebritytypes.com/blog/2011/03/sensingintuition/
    IF the iNtuives could actually manage to implement ideas from their abstract thoughts into their concrete daily lives, then their elitism might actually be justified. But this is where the weakness of iNtuitives becomes apparent.
    The author must not know any NTJs.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I actually think it's pretty fucking presumptuous for him to presume that Ns of many types (not just NTJs) don't implement our abstract ideas into our daily lives.

I agree on many points, but not that one. It just seems like the prejudice of an excessively practical ISTJ.