Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Default Types and Writing Style

Has anyone else noticed a certain style of writing compared to certain types? Like typically, some types tend to be more terse or serious, while others type essay length ideas or are silly.

Yes.

Sniffles

Depends. Speaking for myself, I tend to write in a manner more suited to essays as opposed to treatises. I've heard this common for Ni-doms, whose thinking style tends to be fragmentary and aphoristic by nature.

MBTI
    INTP

I like writing

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Originally posted by Peguy
    Depends. Speaking for myself, I tend to write in a manner more suited to essays as opposed to treatises. I've heard this common for Ni-doms, whose thinking style tends to be fragmentary and aphoristic by nature.
    That's what I've typically noticed about INFJ's too, there is an apparant essay style/neatness to how they write. ENFP's though tend to be a little more scattered and energetic in their word choice, NT's tend to post entire books when they are discussing ideas or intellectual subjects.

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Yes, I totally do. It makes me think I roll INFP.

Infact, reading through a bunch of old threads last night, I stumbled across predominantly INFP threads.. and almost every single post written by an INFP was written in a manner, using wordage, and coming from an angle that I personally would use. I'm not saying that all INFP's agree on ideas, infact... oddly.. when an INFP disagrees with a value of mine, it tends to grate on me more so than any other type I've disagreed with. Isn't that strange? It's almost as if I can follow the INFP's process and communication SO well, that when the finality of that Fi judgment hits, and is different than mine, it bugs.

I follow ENFP's as well, but I have noticed somewhat of a difference in communication and angle. I can't succinctly explain this though. The INFP writing or catch phrases that really stick out, to me, are things like
    "Personally," "But thats just my opinion," etc. I RARELY see INFP's go to blows with people on forums. They will state their perception (always clarifying it is their perception) and when disagreed with be extremely diplomatic in their rebuttal. If another party punches low, throwing out some bizarre personal attack, I see INFP's typically bow out. I also see this as more of a "not willing to drop to this lowly state of attack" than a "can't defend my stance" issue. It's just not worth it to the INFP.

ENFP's on the other hand, are much more likely to stand their ground, take a personal attack and kick one back, or call someone right out on being a douche. There is usually a playful, sometimes arrogant feel to the ENFPs writing. When the ENFP is being challenged, there is an incredibley hard-nosed, stubborn vibe to the writing. I can almost feel the ENFP shove that Fi way down.. and pull out the Te bitch slap. The ENFP will be strong and somewhat logical, but not ALL their reasoning flows with logic, so it makes them more susceptible to others critiques.

INFJ's move with Ni well in their posts, sticking to a fairly close proximity of topic, but going deeper, and deeper. Essay style. INFJs will analyze every detail of a scenario.

ENTPs usually have clever one liners. A brief, yet signifigant summary. I get the impression that ENTPs post more so for their own amusement than info gathering. I rarely see ENTPs stick around if discussions go too deep, or become "ugly." I also rarely see ENTP's insult other members, always holding to a charming or playful vibe.

INTPs will sometimes have a strikingly similar writing style to that of the INFP, yet their angle is logical. I notice that alot of INFPs will comment or feed off an INTPs analysis, in agreeance, and visca versa.

When an INTJ posts, they usually tackle the very root of the topic. Clear and unwaivering. Succint. Their mind is made up. Posts are saturated with such a logic and confidance that even if they are wrong, they are rarely challenged. And if they are challenged, they could care less. These are the ones that make everyone else second guess themselves. =)

ENTJs are bold in their posts. They could care less for the topic at hand, but if challenged they will always fight back.

Anyhow, like an INFP might say, this is *my take* on some writing styles *I've observed.*
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    Has anyone else noticed a certain style of writing compared to certain types? Like typically, some types tend to be more terse or serious, while others type essay length ideas or are silly.
    (You mean posting style?) I like how a lot of the INTP's write on here. They are often exacting, articulate, thoughtful, and to the point. They often have something new to offer.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Yes, I have noticed a bit of this. It's one of the reasons I'm still on the borderline now. Looking at the xNxPs, I've noticed more playfulness and one-liners from the extraverts and a little more fomality from the introverts. I have also noticed that regardless of I/E, the Ts will go into great depth when something seems impersonally wrong and the same for Fs if something is wrong and personal.

So, these are some slight trends that I might have picked up:

INTP--> sometimes playful but sometimes formal, and in great depth when correcting or defining something. Good at precise with details.
    ENTP--> playfulness is more of a theme, less often a formal or serious approach, but can go in great depth when correcting or defining something. Good at precise one-liners.
    INFP--> sometimes playful but sometimes formal, and in great richness of words when speaking of what is valued. Good at painting a picture with words.
    ENFP--> more 'upliftingness' runs through, but goes into a lot of depth and a serious sort of passion when determining values. Good at passion and big picture.

And if I am right about any of this, I should really be ENTP. But I'm not ready to take rough evaluations on writing style that seriously :P

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    ENTJs are bold in their posts. They could care less for the topic at hand, but if challenged they will always fight back.
    Fight back? It's not necessarily a "fight back" attitude although aggression or bluntness can be construed as fighting. Or we're being friendly by responding.

And there are enough times where if the individual isn't worth our while, we won't bother since they've become invisible. Or we agree with the challenge so there's no need to return the challenge.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Originally posted by shortnsweet
    (You mean posting style?)
    Exactly. Like I've always noticed that NT's tend to be very formal and anayltical, as well as INFJ's too. ENFP's and ESFP's tend to be a little more terse, yet more energetic.