• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Anyone else really close on the E/I continuum?

ISFPeaceOut

MBTI Type
????
Functionally, I think I'm ESFP, but I'm probably the most low key ESFP you'll ever meet. I still relate to a lot of the behaviors of an ISFP, and I thought I was ISFP for a while, but functionally I'm pretty sure I have inferior Ni and dominant Se. Personally, E vs. I has been the hardest thing for me to figure out. Anyone else experience this?

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
*timidly raises hand*

I test as an introvert all the time and appear stereotypically introverted, but looking at how the divide is defined typologically, I've been very in-between lately. Functionwise, I am also very close on Ti/Ne dominance.

It is confusing because I have thought that I vs. E would be the easiest one to figure out, but it looks like this isn't always the case.

Perhaps I'll have some more constructive advice once I make more sense of it for myself...

rav3n

The dichotomy tests do this to many of us since the questions lean towards people oriented extroversion. You might want to consider relying on cognitive functions/processes, instead of dichotomies.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Functionally I'm ENFP, and once within a few days I took about five tests which were merely based on the four dichotomies...and got ENFP twice and INFP two or three times.

I also did the "backward test" trick (answer by what you definitely aren't instead of by what you are) and that time I got ISTJ on one, and ESTJ on the other.

So, in terms of the four dichotimies, I'm like an xNFP because I'm so close on I/E, but functionally I use so much Te (and am able to get some distance from my Fi) that I'm ENFP.

I've also been told that my focus and energy seem definitely extroverted, even if I don't always feel that I'm a social extrovert.

I actually considered ISFP as a type at one point because where ENFP is the "introverted extrovert" ISFP is the "extroverted introvert"...so this may also explain why you have this issue on the four dichotomies, since you're ISFP.

syndatha

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
I'm a moderate E, and lots of people think I'm quite low key and introverted. :)
It depends on my energy level, but I normally love being the centre of attention in big crowds, and I consider myself an E :)

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
:yes: to all intents and purposes IRL, i'm an introvert.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Function testing I'm definitely Si dom, but outside looking in I come off an E.
I think it's best to apply it by function.

sui generis

don't fence me in
MBTI Type
esTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:yes:
I know I'm an extrovert, but I'm as contemplative/reflective as I am loud and "out there"... which confuses people. :shrug:

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Functionally, I think I'm ESFP, but I'm probably the most low key ESFP you'll ever meet. I still relate to a lot of the behaviors of an ISFP, and I thought I was ISFP for a while, but functionally I'm pretty sure I have inferior Ni and dominant Se. Personally, E vs. I has been the hardest thing for me to figure out. Anyone else experience this?

I'm in the exact same boat... I've gone around in circles with this in my head many many times. Because not only am I more introverted with ESFP's, but some of the ISFP description matches me as well. I've reasoned around in cirlces with this. The circle always comes back to E.

(Just cause we're not down in Cancun at spring break with our titties hanging out does not necessarily make us I's.)

ISFPeaceOut

MBTI Type
????
I'm in the exact same boat... I've gone around in circles with this in my head many many times. Because not only am I more introverted with ESFP's, but some of the ISFP description matches me as well. I've reasoned around in cirlces with this. The circle always comes back to E.

(Just cause we're not down in Cancun at spring break with our titties hanging out does not necessarily make us I's.)

hahaha. sounds like me and you have a lot in common.:hi: