• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Most "genuine" type?

A

A window to the soul

I think anybody who's comfortable with their own type is not really going to be pretentious. It's usually insecurity which fuels a desire to prove themselves and others wrong.

^ fixed! ;)

wolfy

awsm
Some types probably come across as pretentious. "Hey! There is no way you are really into that, hahahaha". But, there is no accounting for the random stuff people have a genuine interest in.

isfp is the most genuine. least, that is how I see it.

Jaguar

Your posts were actually the reason I started this thread. Everything that you write has an extremely overpowering sensation of exactly what I've described in the OP; pretentiousness and "trying too hard". If your posts were a video it would be this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyXFN4ocN_o&feature=related .

I hope I don't get banned for this; I'm just saying what's the case.

By posting that video,"Your Brain on Drugs," you are now trolling the same member you personally insulted in the ESFP thread.

From the FAQ:

Trolls: No Trolling. Trolling is considered a post or a repeated pattern of posting that involves one or more of the following:
o An attempt to bait a user into an off topic debate within a thread based upon a personal insult or "flame."
o An attempt to make a user "go off" on the other through use of personal insult, allusion to personal insult, or inflammatory comments.
o Repeated antagonizing or harassment of other members, spamming, consistent off-topic posting and/or history of thread derailing.
In addition to specific posts, the posters pattern of behavior over time will be considered in coming to a determination on trolling behavior. It should be emphasized that the primary consideration will be the overall impact of the poster on other forum members, whether that pattern involves direct, indirect or subtle trolling.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Your posts were actually the reason I started this thread. Everything that you write has an extremely overpowering sensation of exactly what I've described in the OP; pretentiousness and "trying too hard". If your posts were a video it would be this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyXFN4ocN_o&feature=related .

I hope I don't get banned for this; I'm just saying what's the case.

I'm just wondering how you extrapolate that the things someone says are false/exaggerated through a forum post? For real. Because it's REALLY hard to understand what a person is like through text. You know very little about their life/character/interests, so what things in a post do you look for as evidence of falseness?

I think the only way I could assume such a thing is if I saw someone post two contradictory statements about themselves or their life. Then I could only assume they they were lying about something at that point.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Absurd. No type is least pretentious. Everyone has an agenda to promote.

Perch420

MBTI Type
NiTi
Enneagram
5w1
By posting that video,"Your Brain on Drugs," you are now trolling the same member you personally insulted in the ESFP thread.

From the FAQ:

What? Do you even know what trolling is?

Perch420

MBTI Type
NiTi
Enneagram
5w1
I'm just wondering how you extrapolate that the things someone says are false/exaggerated through a forum post? For real. Because it's REALLY hard to understand what a person is like through text. You know very little about their life/character/interests, so what things in a post do you look for as evidence of falseness?

I think the only way I could assume such a thing is if I saw someone post two contradictory statements about themselves or their life. Then I could only assume they they were lying about something at that point.

It's a very strong vibe, that's all.

Jaguar

What? Do you even know what trolling is?

Trolls: No Trolling. Trolling is considered a post or a repeated pattern of posting that involves one or more of the following:
o An attempt to bait a user into an off topic debate within a thread based upon a personal insult or "flame."
o An attempt to make a user "go off" on the other through use of personal insult, allusion to personal insult, or inflammatory comments.
o Repeated antagonizing or harassment of other members, spamming, consistent off-topic posting and/or history of thread derailing.
In addition to specific posts, the posters pattern of behavior over time will be considered in coming to a determination on trolling behavior. It should be emphasized that the primary consideration will be the overall impact of the poster on other forum members, whether that pattern involves direct, indirect or subtle trolling.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I don't think anyone is truly more genuine than anyone else.

I think the most pretentious people are the ones who believe in being "authentic" and "genuine," though. There's no such thing. :coffee:

People who go around accusing others of pretentious or "fake," remind me of this guy:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcCO6E4NUs8"]Phony[/YOUTUBE]

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
My GPA is fucking horrendous, probably around 2.3 or so. I'm most likely in the bottom half of my grade. When comes to actual intelligence, though, I'm by far the smartest person both in my grade and possibly the entire school.

If your sense of humor was more developed, you'd find this funny. If you could put humor in a heirarchy with the humor that requires the least mental gymnastics to "get" at the bottom, (lolcats, 4chan, jeff dunham, etc) and the humor that requires the most at the top, this video would be at the tip of the pyramid.

Jokes? I think you have a very good personal understanding of pretentiousness.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ya know what's funny about that Family Guy clip? That dude crying phonie is Holden Caulfield! Seriously his name is actually mentioned in the ending credits of the episode.

Originally posted by Marmie Dearest
Well ENFPs can embarrass the hell out of themselves thanks to being so genuine, but I still think ENFPs could be pretentious or fake about something, potentially.

Oh I was only saing ENFP as a joke. Personally I don't think that genuine is type related at all.

G

garbage

There is the question as to which type might be seen as the most "consistent" alone, in public, with a certain group of people, and with another group of people, etc..

at the risk of throwing too much stock in what type actually signifies, I'm going with ISTJ

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
It's a very strong vibe, that's all.

can you try to break it down? what i tend to find is that Fe can read as phony to me, even when it's not, because it's operating in tandem with a Ni or Si goal. Fi looks at the FJ and can feel that discrepancy. i don't know whose posts you're talking about, since the post was deleted, but i wonder if your Ti isn't doing something similar - picking up on another two functions being used in tandem to create something that looks like a whole on the surface but is actually two different functions with two different agendas. this is particularly true for P types, because we tend to think less in longterm agendas, and we can feel a difference when we're dealing with a J.

G

Glycerine

How did I miss this gem? Ironically, this thread does not bug me.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm still gonna say ISTJ. their overall mindset it "work hard, follow routine, get job done, come home to kids and relax". ISTJs are at work to do business and get their job done, not socialize, show off to friends and spend hours comparing accomplishments and gossiping. they are much more process and routine oriented. as a result, most of them care very little how they come across to people. most would just rather keep things simple and practical and have little time for the more "glamorous" things in life that most other types tend to want to go after.
as a whole, Is are significantly less pretentious than Es

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
most of them care very little how they come across to people.

See, I would argue that most ISTJs care what other people think about them more than most other types. At least I do. And maybe that doesn't necessarily make us 'fake' per say, but it's part of the reason I set high standards for myself... Because there are people around me who I believe hold me up to the same standards.

Oh neato. Search function found me a thread exactly about this: http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...hink-about-them-more-than-other-types-do.html

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Self-explanatory. What type, generally, is the least pretentious? By pretentious, I mean "trying too hard" to do something; putting "sophisticated" books in your facebook "favorite books" section that you haven't read, having lectures on your iphone that you only listen to when other people are around, etc. Pretentiousness is not just intellectual; a person like Dr. Dre is pretentious in relation to Eazy E because Dr. Dre went to an expensive private school but raps about being a gangster whilst Eazy E "keeps it real".

I've written about this before but I still can't clearly define what I'm talking about. I have a really visceral negative reaction to "pretentiousness" (In quotes because it's the closest word to describe it) and it's a quality I can detect within 10 seconds of meeting someone or reading a paragraph of their text on forums. Another way to supplement this description would be a lack of self-awareness; being totally oblivious to how they are being perceived.

I feel you are pretentious for starting this thread. That's all, carry on please.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
because I tend to talk without thinking first I AM THE MOST GENUINE TYPE!!!!! :holy: