First 3456 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I'm still gonna say ISTJ. their overall mindset it "work hard, follow routine, get job done, come home to kids and relax". ISTJs are at work to do business and get their job done, not socialize, show off to friends and spend hours comparing accomplishments and gossiping. they are much more process and routine oriented. as a result, most of them care very little how they come across to people. most would just rather keep things simple and practical and have little time for the more "glamorous" things in life that most other types tend to want to go after.
    as a whole, Is are significantly less pretentious than Es
    The females are sickeningly competitive and will surely throw in your face how much their new boots cost, how much their baby alpaca coat cost, etc. -- I don't see that they're less pretentious at all.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I'm still gonna say ISTJ. their overall mindset it "work hard, follow routine, get job done, come home to kids and relax". ISTJs are at work to do business and get their job done, not socialize, show off to friends and spend hours comparing accomplishments and gossiping. they are much more process and routine oriented. as a result, most of them care very little how they come across to people. most would just rather keep things simple and practical and have little time for the more "glamorous" things in life that most other types tend to want to go after.
    as a whole, Is are significantly less pretentious than Es
    This is so
    WRONG

Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Perch420 View Post
    I have a really visceral negative reaction to "pretentiousness"
    "Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves."
    --Carl Jung

MBTI
    INTP

Pretentiousness is a genuine trait

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Perch420 View Post
    Self-explanatory. What type, generally, is the least pretentious? By pretentious, I mean "trying too hard" to do something; putting "sophisticated" books in your facebook "favorite books" section that you haven't read, having lectures on your iphone that you only listen to when other people are around, etc. Pretentiousness is not just intellectual; a person like Dr. Dre is pretentious in relation to Eazy E because Dr. Dre went to an expensive private school but raps about being a gangster whilst Eazy E "keeps it real".

I've written about this before but I still can't clearly define what I'm talking about. I have a really visceral negative reaction to "pretentiousness" (In quotes because it's the closest word to describe it) and it's a quality I can detect within 10 seconds of meeting someone or reading a paragraph of their text on forums. Another way to supplement this description would be a lack of self-awareness; being totally oblivious to how they are being perceived.
    How do you think you come off to others? How do you view yourself?

This thread.

Does anyone truly think it's possible to reach a consensus on such a topic?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

perhaps you just discovered the potential consensus of there being no consensus

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Between "Pretentiousness is a genuine trait" and "potential consensus of there being no consensus" ... I had a stack overflow somewhere in there.

The whole topic seems kind of pointless though.

I'm more genuine than any of you. And since my type is ISFP. ISFP is the most genuine type! *coughs*

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    "Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves."
    --Carl Jung
    Your faith in a one-liner that has to be taken in an appropriate context for it to be at all interpreted becomes an ode to the humor of human consciousness. I must thank you for the laugh. I hope to enjoy the many more, most enjoyable are my own.

Everyone keep doing your own part to join in now, ya' hear.