User Tag List

First 12345 Last

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by freeeekyyy View Post
    I think anybody who's comfortable with their own type is not really going to be pretentious. It's usually insecurity which fuels a desire to prove themselves and others wrong.
    ^ fixed!

Some types probably come across as pretentious. "Hey! There is no way you are really into that, hahahaha". But, there is no accounting for the random stuff people have a genuine interest in.

isfp is the most genuine. least, that is how I see it.

MBTI
    NiTi
    Enneagram
    5w1

“Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions.” - G. K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by Perch420 View Post
    Your posts were actually the reason I started this thread. Everything that you write has an extremely overpowering sensation of exactly what I've described in the OP; pretentiousness and "trying too hard". If your posts were a video it would be this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyXFN...eature=related .

I hope I don't get banned for this; I'm just saying what's the case.
    By posting that video,"Your Brain on Drugs," you are now trolling the same member you personally insulted in the ESFP thread.

From the FAQ:

Trolls: No Trolling. Trolling is considered a post or a repeated pattern of posting that involves one or more of the following:
    o An attempt to bait a user into an off topic debate within a thread based upon a personal insult or "flame."
    o An attempt to make a user "go off" on the other through use of personal insult, allusion to personal insult, or inflammatory comments.
    o Repeated antagonizing or harassment of other members, spamming, consistent off-topic posting and/or history of thread derailing.
    In addition to specific posts, the posters pattern of behavior over time will be considered in coming to a determination on trolling behavior. It should be emphasized that the primary consideration will be the overall impact of the poster on other forum members, whether that pattern involves direct, indirect or subtle trolling.

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Your posts were actually the reason I started this thread. Everything that you write has an extremely overpowering sensation of exactly what I've described in the OP; pretentiousness and "trying too hard". If your posts were a video it would be this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyXFN...eature=related .

I hope I don't get banned for this; I'm just saying what's the case.
    I'm just wondering how you extrapolate that the things someone says are false/exaggerated through a forum post? For real. Because it's REALLY hard to understand what a person is like through text. You know very little about their life/character/interests, so what things in a post do you look for as evidence of falseness?

I think the only way I could assume such a thing is if I saw someone post two contradictory statements about themselves or their life. Then I could only assume they they were lying about something at that point.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Absurd. No type is least pretentious. Everyone has an agenda to promote.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    NiTi
    Enneagram
    5w1

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    By posting that video,"Your Brain on Drugs," you are now trolling the same member you personally insulted in the ESFP thread.

From the FAQ:
    What? Do you even know what trolling is?

MBTI
    NiTi
    Enneagram
    5w1

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    I'm just wondering how you extrapolate that the things someone says are false/exaggerated through a forum post? For real. Because it's REALLY hard to understand what a person is like through text. You know very little about their life/character/interests, so what things in a post do you look for as evidence of falseness?

I think the only way I could assume such a thing is if I saw someone post two contradictory statements about themselves or their life. Then I could only assume they they were lying about something at that point.
    It's a very strong vibe, that's all.

What? Do you even know what trolling is?

Trolls: No Trolling. Trolling is considered a post or a repeated pattern of posting that involves one or more of the following:
    o An attempt to bait a user into an off topic debate within a thread based upon a personal insult or "flame."
    o An attempt to make a user "go off" on the other through use of personal insult, allusion to personal insult, or inflammatory comments.
    o Repeated antagonizing or harassment of other members, spamming, consistent off-topic posting and/or history of thread derailing.
    In addition to specific posts, the posters pattern of behavior over time will be considered in coming to a determination on trolling behavior. It should be emphasized that the primary consideration will be the overall impact of the poster on other forum members, whether that pattern involves direct, indirect or subtle trolling.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I don't think anyone is truly more genuine than anyone else.

I think the most pretentious people are the ones who believe in being "authentic" and "genuine," though. There's no such thing.

People who go around accusing others of pretentious or "fake," remind me of this guy:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcCO6E4NUs8"]Phony[/YOUTUBE]