MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    ISTJ, INFP, ISTP or ISFP
    No... I've met some pretentious INFP's, ISFP's and ISTP's before. However, I've yet to meet a pretentious ISTJ or ISFJ. I'm debating on INTJ, too. The INTJ's I know in real life are quite intelligent and attracted to intelligence in their books and movies, etc... and so aren't really putting up a front when acknowledging their like for such things.

Yeah, I'm going to lean towards IxxJ types as being the least pretentious.

Quote Originally Posted by Perch420 View Post
    Maybe ISFPs? Is this archetypal ISFP behavior or more INFP? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VThQr8fDiLA (Regardless, they should be sterilized.)
    this is sooo not how i would react.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Seems "NiTi" to me.

Introverted Feeling Types tend to internalize feelings & emotions, so such overt, dramatic displays would be more out of character than "archetypal".

And yes, I'm going to give the PC answer, but its because I believe it: a person of any type can be a big phony.
    agreed with the bolded. though some Fi types may seem "pretentious" by displaying a certain taste for things on facebook, we're not likely to make a display like this. i mean, sure, we cry sometimes... but Fi strives to be genuine in their emotions, and will often hold back as it will make our emotions seem more fake and definitely less genuine when displayed outwardly.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Any introvert, really. We don't tend to push anything on others because we don't like the same treatment.

As far as the ESFJ/ESFP stuff...it's not as big a deal as they show it to be. They just want someone to commiserate with. That's all.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Perch420 View Post
    But what's "phoniness" linked to? Maturity? Wisdom? The archetypal "wise old man", "sage" type character is the model of "genuineness" that I'm trying to convey. Intelligence? Probably not; there seems to be a laffer curve-type thing going on in the >100 IQ range that apexes at about 120 (IQ is sort of bullshit, so let's imagine I'm talking about what would be actual intelligence in representative numerical form) with the y axis being pretentiousness and the x axis being IQ.
    maturity. and insecurity. imo. it's the need to impress and to seem better than.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    NiTi
    Enneagram
    5w1

What kind of type is prone to this type of behavior? I don't mean violent behavior in and of itself, but the "over-doing" of everything? Know what I mean? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyXFN...eature=related
    “Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions.” - G. K. Chesterton

A window to the soul

Like OMG! -gags- Who cries over a damn tree?? That's not Fi or Fe, that's wet behind the ears melodrama.

Quote Originally Posted by The_World_As_Will View Post
    Hmm, honestly, I don't think there is one. Every type has the ability to try too hard, whether it be INTPs being logic whores, or ENFPs seeking attention, or ESFPs being the life of the party... Of course these are vast generalisations, but idk, I don't think it's a type-related thing honestly.
    ^ I agree with that.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

ENFP's, cause saying that helps boost my ego! And 4w3, cause no one get more authentic than that (or at least 4 anyway).

Or whatever Holden Caulfield's type is, as he is the ultimate hater of phonies.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

i think that types play out phoniness in different ways...
    it'd actually probably be easier to describe this in enneagram terms...

1s pretend like they're good
    2s pretend like they're needed
    3s pretend like they're successful
    4s pretend like they're different
    5s pretend like they're competent
    6s pretend like they're safe
    7s pretend like they're happy
    8s pretend like they're strong
    9s pretend like they're content

the truth is that we are all of these things... when we become afraid that we have lost one, we seek it, and in seeking it we ironically separate ourselves from it, because we do not trust it...

phoniness betrays fear.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Anybody can be pretentious. An STJ or NTJ could care about "the finer things in life" and an NFP or SFJ or SFP could be like artistically pretentious.

I don't think there's such a thing as a least pretentious type, there are just least pretentious people.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    ENFP's, cause saying that helps boost my ego! And 4w3, cause no one get more authentic than that (or at least 4 anyway).

Or whatever Holden Caulfield's type is, as he is the ultimate hater of phonies.
    Well ENFPs can embarrass the hell out of themselves thanks to being so genuine, but I still think ENFPs could be pretentious or fake about something, potentially.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

I think anybody who's comfortable with their own type is not really going to be pretentious. It's usually insecurity which fuels a desire to prove themselves and others wrong. I know that's kind of a stock answer, but I believe it's the truth.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window