• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Best test out there?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
read this: http://psychclassics.yorku.ca/Jung/types.htm

Identify your dominant function. You may have trouble with that, so discuss it with others.

You may find that it's easier to decide which function you do not have, and that may help with eliminating types.

That's the best test.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Um...well that's Jung. There's no silly test on the Internet that is really going to guarentee you an accurate type, and if you really want to know which type you are, you actually might have to do much more reading than that, collectively, over time.

If you want to just pick a random type out of a hat, let me just stereotype you by the fact that you don't want to read that, slap SP on you, and call it a day.

But that's not necessarily accurate. I'm just being truthful.

I sincerely believe all else is major fail, and leads to confusion.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
However, what you could do if you absolutely refuse to read that, is to take several tests and compare the results and discuss them with others, as a starting point.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
When you mean SP do you mean

XSXP?

It was a bad joke, because Keirsey has the "four temperaments" = SP/NF/NT/SJ....and I believe Keirsey is mired in lame stereotypes.

Sorry.

Engineer

Dependable Skeleton
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The closest thing to an official MBTI test (the real one you have to have paid for) can be found here:

Similar Minds Jungian Test

or

My Personality Jungian Type Test

As I said, both of these are similar to the Myers-Briggs, and will generally give you a good indication of your type despite not being "official". I'd actually recommend taking the test (whichever you pick) a couple of times, just to make sure that the results are correct, since your mood can affect things.
Like MarmieDearest meant to imply, your type is something that you decide upon, and it's also rather vague (in some cases, at least). No one saddles you with it. You can even look up the types, read the little blurbs on them, and then decide which one sounds most like yourself if you'd like. In which case, I'd recommend going here or here to check it out.

Also, I'd say do that after your first result too, just to make sure you got a ballpark description. If it doesn't sound like you, it's probably not you.

Illmatic

Well for the mypersonalty one i got ISFP and for the other i got ISTP.

Engineer

Dependable Skeleton
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well for the mypersonalty one i got ISFP and for the other i got ISTP.

In that case, look up the profiles for both of them, then select the one that you feel describes you the best. My profile (INTJ) sounded like someone wrote a case study of my life and how I reacted to things. If neither sounds right, retake the test.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The official MBTI test, which you have to pay for is probably one of the more reliable tests out there but even that mistypes about 25% of the time.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
marm's right, going to jung is probably the best thing to do. and it'll take a bit of work, probably.

i also really like the descriptions of functions here -- http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/index.html

i tried to make them into a quiz for you.

How do you tend to think most?

1) By comparing and contrasting the current situation with similar ones. The immediate experience or words are instantly linked with the prior experiences. Sometimes a feeling associated with the recalled image comes into our awareness along with the information itself. Great attention to detail and getting a clear picture of goals and objectives and what is to happen.

2) By being aware of what is in the physical world in rich detail. Drawn to act on what we experience to get an immediate result. Freely following exciting physical impulses or instincts as they come up and enjoying the thrill of action in the present moment. Instantly reading cues to see how far we can go in a situation and still get the impact we want.

3) By synthesizing the seemingly paradoxical or contradictory, which takes understanding to a new level. Getting a sense of the future. A disengagement from interaction and completely new, unimagined realizations that come with a sureness and an imperative quality that seem to demand action and help us stay focused on fulfilling our vision or dream of how things will be.

4) By noticing hidden meanings and interpreting them. Often entertaining a wealth of possible interpretations from just one idea or interpreting what someone’s behavior really means. Juggling many different ideas, thoughts, beliefs, and meanings in our mind at once with the possibility that they are all true.

If you chose 1 or 3, which do you do most:

a) Organizing the environment. Contingency planning, scheduling, and quantifying. Organizing and monitoring people and things to work efficiently and productively. Challenging ideas based on the logic of the facts in front of us or laying out reasonable explanations for decisions or conclusions made.

b) Responding according to expressed or even unexpressed wants and needs of others. Recognizing shared values, feelings, and norms. Feeling a desire to connect with (or disconnect from) others which is often evidenced by expressions of warmth (or displeasure) and self-disclosure (or privacy).

If you chose 2 or 4, which do you relate with most:

c) Having an internal reasoning process of deriving subcategories of classes and sub-principles of general principles to use in problem solving, analysis, and refining. A sense of the essential qualities of something, noticing the fine distinctions that make it what it is. Evidenced in behaviors like taking things or ideas apart, noting logical inconsistencies.

d) Making judgments about value using images, feeling tones, and gut reactions more than words. A continual weighing of the situational worth or importance of everything and a patient balancing of the core issues of peace and conflict in life’s situations. Knowing when people are being fake or insincere, an internal sense of the “essence” of a person or a project.

Now that you have 2 answers, choose the one you relate to more, and the one you relate to less.

Click on the link below that fits with your choices. If it doesn't seem right, try switching the letter and number.

1a
a1
3a
a3
1b
b1
3b
b3
2c
c2
4c
c4
2d
d2
4d
d4

guys let me know if this sucks. figured it's worth a shot :shrug:

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
marm's right, going to jung is probably the best thing to do. and it'll take a bit of work, probably.

i also really like the descriptions of functions here -- http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/index.html

i tried to make them into a quiz for you.

I got ISFJ. I almost chose #4 for the first question. Had I selected that, I would have gotten INTP.

What's clear is that I'm a Si/Ne and Ti/Fe user.

I don't think I have quite the great attention to detail as suggested by the Si paragraph nor do I pay quite as much attention to hidden meanings as suggested by the Ne paragraph.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
best test? one that you can't lie on I guess :whistling:

<-- does not trust tests for that very reason

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I got ISFJ. I almost chose #4 for the first question. Had I selected that, I would have gotten INTP.

What's clear is that I'm a Si/Ne and Ti/Fe user.

I don't think I have quite the great attention to detail as suggested by the Si paragraph nor do I pay quite as much attention to hidden meanings as suggested by the Ne paragraph.

ah, you are so on the border! it's very interesting. the functions may also be slightly skewed. i am much better at affirming Ne and Fi than the others.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
The closest thing to an official MBTI test (the real one you have to have paid for)

The official MBTI test, which you have to pay for is probably one of the more reliable tests out there but even that mistypes about 25% of the time.

the "real" MBTI test sucks compared to newer tests like MBTI Form M, but you need to pay for it as well. MBTI Form M has better reliability and validity than big 5 tests(the official ones, not some internet tests). MBTI has been criticized in general because poor validity and reliability compared to some other tests like big 5. too bad the field of psychology generally dismissed MBTI completely because crappiness of some old tests that failed to have enough validity and reliability to be taken seriously.

also MBTI is an type indicator, its not meant to work as something you rely on too much when deciding your type. with every MBTI test, you need to learn the basics and decide if the type the indicator gives fits you or not

KDude

There's a Step III coming out this year, I think.. Not sure what the changes are, but I'd recommend not looking into official sources until it's released.

I've taken them 3 times now. Always INFP. I don't what to say about it anymore. I think my conscience or level of criticism isn't as deep or wide-encompassing as either INFP or INTP. I have nothing in common with Jimmy Carter. [ahem.. just to simplify it. don't take me seriously]

Jaguar

Another concern of mine is that we know that the Form G currently under-reports SPs. Stephanie Rogers, who is doing her dissertation on SPs, has hypothesized that many of the sensing questions on the current Form G are biased toward introverted sensing. As a result, her research indicates that extraverted sensors tend to select the intuiting responses rather than the sensing responses, therefore, creating the under-reporting of SPs.To my knowledge, the committee that developed the Form M did not take into consideration the function-attitude perspective. As a result, I am very concerned that the bias toward particular function-attitudes still exists.

http://www.hpsys.com/Articles/New_MBTI_What_Would_Isabel_Say.htm

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

This :yes: