• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type would you LIKE to be?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If I could choose, I think I would go with ENTJ. They're prepared, organized, decisive, and intelligent in addition to being extroverted (an important bonus, if you ask me). I would also settle for ENTP.

How about you?

My thoughts exactly.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm good with who I am. How about balance for 300, Alex?

gromit

likes this
I like being an FP for the most part, but I think it might be cool to be some kind of T.

syndatha

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
I accept who I am, but I've frequently mistyped myself as ENTJ in the past. It would be such a release of energy to be direct and forceful all the time. I use up so much energy constantly measuring other peoples feelings, speculate on their motives and needs, adjusting myself and my expression to please everybody and make the group energy flow. I find it painful to make unpopular decisions and let people down, even when I know it's for the greater good. I also find it next to impossible to show my weak sides and be less than perfect - so it would be wonderful NOT to have any weak spots- LOL

syndatha

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
What a journey - it would make you the ultimate MBTI-expert! :smile:

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Indeed :biggrin:

All the types are so cool in their onw individual ways I just can't choose only one as the type I want to be, because I want them all! :D

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm happy to be INTJ. I'd just like to become a more well-rounded INTJ. Exercise that Fi and Se a bit and make myself into a complete personality.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
E > I - Agreed. Introversion will always be inferior to extroversion.

S > N - Disagree, although many times I wish I were an S because I feel it is more 'normal.'

F > T - Disagree, especially with your assertion that the majority of T's are "selfish and manipulative at their core." Cold and callous =/= selfish and manipulative. Maybe undeveloped T's have this problem, but to be honest, I do not find this to be true in most cases. Also, is cynicism NOT associated with F types? You think it would be, but the opposite is what I'm starting to believe is the case.

J > P - Totally agree, although P is almost equal in awesomeness; both have a lot of advantages.

Wait, what's this crap about inferior?

D

Dali

I couldn't imagine myself without Fi or Ni. But, if I had to change somewhat, I'd keep those two functions, ramp up my my Te and go easy on the Se. So, INTJ. That would be kind of cool, I think.

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
I want supreme mastery of all 8 functions. What type would this be?

Curator

Another awesome member.
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
not sure exactly, but in order of which types id rather be...
ENTJ
ESTJ-P
ESFJ-P
INTJ-P
INFJ

rav3n

I accept who I am, but I've frequently mistyped myself as ENTJ in the past. It would be such a release of energy to be direct and forceful all the time. I use up so much energy constantly measuring other peoples feelings, speculate on their motives and needs, adjusting myself and my expression to please everybody and make the group energy flow. I find it painful to make unpopular decisions and let people down, even when I know it's for the greater good. I also find it next to impossible to show my weak sides and be less than perfect - so it would be wonderful NOT to have any weak spots- LOL
This reminds me of an ENFJ close friend who recently retyped herself as an ENTJ. She's very much not an ENTJ in her need to please and social group cohesive needs. She visually wilts when it comes to making unpopular decisions.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
introverts, rejoice :)

Wait, what's this crap about inferior?

i feel like there is a common misperception that having a dominant extraverted function automatically makes it easier to be socially accepted, more confident, less shy, less awkward, more successful, etc. on the contrary, ISxPs consistently seem more outgoing and involved than myself.

there is also a lack of recognition of how being extraverted can be frustrating in how dependent on environmental feedback one is.

xl086t.jpg

not that i really have a problem with being extraverted, but it's not all butterflies and rainbows. i don't think it gives anyone a huge advantage. just like any attribute, it really depends on how you make use of it.

i think introverts are lovely and their introversion has many advantages as well. :yes:

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I want to (continue to) grow up to be an entp

syndatha

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
This reminds me of an ENFJ close friend who recently retyped herself as an ENTJ. She's very much not an ENTJ in her need to please and social group cohesive needs. She visually wilts when it comes to making unpopular decisions.
I'm rather close on the T/F, but I thought I practically had to be a bulldozer to be considered ENTJ :)
Anyway, thanks for the input. I shall consider this a compliment (I think ;) )