User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Default TypeC Wiki project - general discussion

Mod note: This thread is for discussing the Typology Central wiki project.

Discussion moved from http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...4695&p=1496713

------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Then write some damned decent descriptions. You've ridden this horse before, it gets old.
    I dont think this is the right way to thank orangey for pointing out an obvious flaw by unloading all the work onto his shoulders. The people who did the mbti should work on that. Or maybe this community should, we at least should have the best ideas for it
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

All Natural! All Good!

If we want thorough descriptions they're gonna be pretty long, so I wouldn't dump it one one person either :P Perhaps we could write wiki-style descriptions where people agree or disagree with some parts in a thread, and the various parts only stay in if a lot of people agree. That way things that apply to one person of a given type won't be in a type description that is supposed to fit as many people as possible. And they'll be ISFP (for example) descriptions written by ISFPs rather than by INTPs eg. Keirsey.

Not that I'm volunteering. hahaha.
    Strychnine is all-natural,
    So strychnine is all good.
    It's Godly and righteous,
    So eat it, you should.
    Who are you to refuse nature's will?

Don't use the multiquote; it was planted by the devil to deceive us.

Social Role: Asscrack/Piece of Shit/Public Defecator/Spiteful Urinator

A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.

Quote Originally Posted by penny89 View Post
    If we want thorough descriptions they're gonna be pretty long, so I wouldn't dump it one one person either :P Perhaps we could write wiki-style descriptions where people agree or disagree with some parts in a thread, and the various parts only stay in if a lot of people agree. That way things that apply to one person of a given type won't be in a type description that is supposed to fit as many people as possible. And they'll be ISFP (for example) descriptions written by ISFPs rather than by INTPs eg. Keirsey.

Not that I'm volunteering. hahaha.

Type Description Wiki
    I did that. It was fun... but hard to keep up.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I think one that is far more prevalent than some cynical bias against N writers on your part is simply that that people really don't understand N, and so they naturally try to label it as "creativity." But all types are creative, and it's the style of creativity that tends to change among N vs S. Both Ns and Ss make this mistake, and S's who are creative automatically think they must be N because they are creative, and no one wants to be called "not creative."
    And every single SJ type description that tries to be humorous mentions a lack of creativity. Which is sad because we can have very inspired Ne moments from time to time.

Personally, I don't think the issue is that S descriptions are bad (although they can be); I think it's that N descriptions are over-inflated. They make NFJs look like they have mystical powers, they make NTJs look like they are destined to rule the world, they make NTPs look like the only people capable of innovation, and they make NFPs look like figures of unsurpassed artistic brilliance which none but themselves can understand. Whereas, SPs and SJs look like... normal people.

I agree that it would be better to just write up a better description. But I don't know other types as well as I know myself, and what's really needed is an N (or two, or three) who can write type descriptions in a less egotistical fashion.

Edit: OMG, Wolfy! I'm so impressed
    Nice work!
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by penny89 View Post
    Perhaps we could write wiki-style descriptions where people agree or disagree with some parts in a thread, and the various parts only stay in if a lot of people agree.
    I'll organize this (in some form TBD) in the next few days whenever I have time to stop and think about it for a bit. If I remember. It would be a great community project.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post

Type Description Wiki
    I was thinking on different lines, but I also like this. Maybe the two can be combined.
    -end of thread-

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    I was thinking on different lines, but I also like this. Maybe the two can be combined.
    Yeah, the original idea was a more true wiki. But I ended up working within the forum limits.

Banned

*Perspective shift*

Perhaps the people writing the type descriptions are sensors. What would be the ramifications?

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post

Type Description Wiki
    The wiki idea is a nice one, and it 'ensures' that no one person writes all of the type descriptions.

Wikisocion pulled this one off really nicely, and I'm surprised that there isn't an equivalent for MBTI.

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Perhaps the people writing the type descriptions are sensors. What would be the ramifications?
    if the thing you said, and also if N descriptions are considered more glamorous, then perhaps we'd be seeing "grass is greener on the other side" syndrome?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

if anyone has the technical know-how to make an actual wiki here, please share! I really don't know much about that kind of thing.

I think I will be going more in the direction of collecting information from multiple people of X type (as many as will participate) and compiling it into one article, that may be updated later as additional info is given, since that seems the most technically feasible.

But a "real" wiki would also be cool if it's not too much trouble to assemble.
    -end of thread-