User Tag List

MBTI
    INtj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Default ISFP and not giving much space

A new thread then. I consider myself famous for not explaining thread topics as extensively but I trust the main tenet will be clear, otherwise ask. I just wrote a line in my notes and I thought: I should give this an entry online. It came to me the type ISFP may be open-minded (?) but in my experience doesn't allow for much space (in relation to the people around them) in what they allow others to deviate (from expected / desired behaviour) and where things are not immediately shown. Am I right? Am I being sour? Does anyone recognize this? It might be in the type ISTP as well.

So, hope I gave enough of an introduction or at least an understanding of the point I'm trying to illustrate.
    INtj | 9w1

Dali

I understood you just fine.

I'm ISFP and I'm pretty much on the opposite end of that continuum. I'm extremely open-minded and will often find myself attempting to rationalise (or tolerate) others' behaviour, as long as they're not hurting anybody else or themselves or being intentionally malicious.

I'd think most ISPs would be somewhat similar to myself in that regard. Perhaps others could pitch in?

Quote Originally Posted by Llewellyn View Post
    A new thread then. I consider myself famous for not explaining thread topics as extensively but I trust the main tenet will be clear, otherwise ask. I just wrote a line in my notes and I thought: I should give this an entry online. It came to me the type ISFP may be open-minded (?) but in my experience doesn't allow for much space (in relation to the people around them) in what they allow others to deviate (from expected / desired behaviour) and where things are not immediately shown. Am I right? Am I being sour? Does anyone recognize this? It might be in the type ISTP as well.

So, hope I gave enough of an introduction or at least an understanding of the point I'm trying to illustrate.
    The line in bold confuses me.

I can be anything from really accepting of others behaviour to really wanting what I want from people. It really depends on how it affects me or more often something I am doing.

Tell me what the line in bold means and let me know if what I said makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Dali View Post
    I'm extremely open-minded and will often find myself attempting to rationalise (or tolerate) others' behaviour, as long as they're not hurting anybody else or themselves or being intentionally malicious.
    Yeah I find myself doing that too... A friend recently told me one of my best qualities was how I don't judge, just let people be themselves. I thought it was really nice.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Yeah I find myself doing that too... A friend recently told me one of my best qualities was how I don't judge, just let people be themselves. I thought it was really nice.
    I remember getting a similar compliment. Always having an understanding of why someone is doing something rather than judging the behaviour was the essence of the compliment. That was pretty cool.

It still depends though. Even if I know why I'll push for what I want in a steady way.

All Natural! All Good!

Quote Originally Posted by Dali View Post
    I understood you just fine.

I'm ISFP and I'm pretty much on the opposite end of that continuum. I'm extremely open-minded and will often find myself attempting to rationalise (or tolerate) others' behaviour, as long as they're not hurting anybody else or themselves or being intentionally malicious.

I'd think most ISPs would be somewhat similar to myself in that regard. Perhaps others could pitch in?
    I think malice requires intention. Other than that, all the same here. Agreed.
    Strychnine is all-natural,
    So strychnine is all good.
    It's Godly and righteous,
    So eat it, you should.
    Who are you to refuse nature's will?

Don't use the multiquote; it was planted by the devil to deceive us.

Social Role: Asscrack/Piece of Shit/Public Defecator/Spiteful Urinator

A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.