User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Default Type the Bougal!!

I should be reading, but I’m writing this instead!!

I’m indecisive am not sure what type I am – I’m almost positive I’m an NT, but I’m not sure which variety. I started the forum as an ENTJ, but then I flopped to an ENTP and now I am flirting with the idea that I am really an introvert. YourLocalJesus is attempting to convince me that I’m an ENFJ, but most people that know me say I'm an NTP with a few rooting for ENTJ.

Me:

- I’m quite laid back and easy to get along with. I have a fun and random sense of humor. Maintaining a sense of calm is important to me, so I’m selective about whom I choose to spend my time with.

- When I enter into a new situation, like a new class, I tend to stretch myself to make social bonds to improve cooperation and the mood.

- I have a lot of friendly acquaintances. I’m interested in people – I like to understand who they are, what they believe and why they are the way that they are. I have a handful of close friends and I enjoy being with people, but I need to charge alone. I spend a sizable portion of my time alone.

-I'm vocal in discussion sections and lectures if I enjoy the material. If a group project is assigned I end up being the leader more often than not.

- If I am engaged in a debate where greater understanding or sport isn’t the goal, or if I’m arguing with particularly neurotic people, I tend to withdraw. On one occasion I went to my room, closed my door, turned on Ray LaMontagne and played Tetris while my ENFJ friend dealt with my obnoxious roommate. I love playing devils advocate when I am conversing with logical people.

- I move very gracefully and dreamily. A few of my friends have a game where they stop in front of me in Sproul Plaza (where there are always people approaching you to advocate for something) and see how many steps I take or how close I get to running over them because I am so lost in my mind when I move.

- I’m a tragic sensotard. Benches and curbs are out to get me.

- I like finding beauty in unassuming places

- I tend to be able to correctly type people very quickly (I just can't apply MBTI to myself haha)

- I love theory in almost any form, but I am particularly interested in social theory, ethics and atmospheric science. I don’t do too well with empiricism. I find that I read philosophy and other theoretical works for fun, but I procrastinate or simply ignore the empirical studies I’m supposed to read for school. I find that I draw diagrams of theories or interact people instead of getting work done.

- I’m studying Sociology and Philosophy, I’m working on a senior thesis about the societal function of law (Hobbes, Nietzsche, Durkheim, Foucault, Marx … fun!) and I am planning on being a lawyer.

- I'm very kind and warm, but my foundation is logical.

- I tend not respond to situations emotionally. I tend to need to take a step back and reflect upon how I feel, and the result tends to side with how I think I should rationally feel. I also have an emotional sieve. If I realize that an emotion is irrational I can omit it.

- I work as a mentor with a group of 15-18 year old girls.

- I know what I love and what I am devoted to, but it’s almost as if my passions are rationally assigned.

- I’m quite messy… I just noticed an old milk glass that has something growing in it :/

- I wait until the last possible moment to complete my work, but I always finish it and I’m almost always happy with what I create.

- I am very calculated and deliberate with my words, movements and actions.

- I’m anal about school. I dislike "A-" s. I have been told on many occasions that this is unhealty.

Ne > Ni > Ti > Fi > Te> Fe > Se > Si

MBTI
    ENTP

I put it in the wrong place

I think you're a fairly well-balanced iNTp. These seem to indicate introversion:

Quote Originally Posted by Bougal View Post
    - I’m quite laid back and easy to get along with. I have a fun and random sense of humor. Maintaining a sense of calm is important to me, so I’m selective about whom I choose to spend my time with.

- When I enter into a new situation, like a new class, I tend to stretch myself to make social bonds to improve cooperation and the mood.

- I move very gracefully and dreamily. A few of my friends have a game where they stop in front of me in Sproul Plaza (where there are always people approaching you to advocate for something) and see how many steps I take or how close I get to running over them because I am so lost in my mind when I move.

I often score low on P, and I wouldn't leave a glass of anything sitting around for more than a day, so that makes you a P!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

i put my pennies on ENTP. i can see why some would say ENFJ, but you sound more Ne than Ni.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

I put your pennies in a basket and steal them.

It's just something with the Bougal that is warm in that Fe-dom way.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    ENTP

So you're pro ENFJ-Bougal? My brother actually laughed when he heard that that was being argued, but took advantage of the EN-J to re-suggest ENTJ. I'm open to the idea, but I need to be convinced.

On an unrelated note, some Berkeley students took over Wheeler hall again, but this time it was fairly uneventful. 12 are getting arrested, there was a crowd of about 80 protesters and then like 25 cops. They shouldn't have waited until 10pm to do that element of the protest. I just got back and I wanted to share...

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

I should be reading, but I’m writing this instead!! I’m indecisive am not sure what type I am – I’m almost positive I’m an NT, but I’m not sure which variety. I started the forum as an ENTJ, but then I flopped to an ENTP and now I am flirting with the idea that I am really an introvert. YourLocalJesus is attempting to convince me that I’m an ENFJ, but most people that know me say I'm an NTP with a few rooting for ENTJ.

Me:

- I have a lot of friendly acquaintances. I’m interested in people – I like to understand who they are, what they believe and why they are that way. I have a handful of close friends and I enjoy being with people, but I need to charge alone. I spend a sizable portion of my time alone.

-I'm vocal in discussion sections and lectures if I enjoy the material. If a group project is assigned I end up being the leader more often than not.

- If I am engaged in a debate where greater understanding or sport isn’t the goal, or if I’m arguing with particularly neurotic people, I tend to withdraw. On one occasion I went to my room, closed my door, turned on Ray LaMontagne and played Tetris while my ENFJ friend dealt with my obnoxious roommate. I love playing devils advocate when I am conversing with logical people.

- I like finding beauty in unassuming places

- I tend to be able to correctly type people very quickly (I just can't apply MBTI to myself haha)

- I love theory in almost any form, but I am particularly interested in social theory, ethics and atmospheric science. I don’t do too well with empiricism. I find that I read philosophy and other theoretical works for fun, but I procrastinate or simply ignore the empirical studies I’m supposed to read for school. I find that I draw diagrams of theories or interact people instead of getting work done.

- I’m studying Sociology and Philosophy, I’m working on a senior thesis about the societal function of law (Hobbes, Nietzsche, Durkheim, Foucault, Marx … fun!) and I am planning on being a lawyer.

- I'm very kind and warm, but my foundation is logical.

- I tend not respond to situations emotionally. I tend to need to take a step back and reflect upon how I feel, and the result tends to side with how I think I should rationally feel. I also have an emotional sieve. If I realize that an emotion is irrational I can omit it.

- I work as a mentor with a group of 15-18 year old girls.

- I know what I love and what I am devoted to, but it’s almost as if my passions are rationally assigned.

- I’m quite messy… I just noticed an old milk glass that has something growing in it :/

- I wait until the last possible moment to complete my work, but I always finish it and I’m almost always happy with what I create.

- I am very calculated and deliberate with my words, movements and actions.

- I’m anal about school. I dislike "A-" s. I have been told on many occasions that this is unhealty.
    You sound just like an INFP to me. If someone can pick out 3 sentences in this that are NOT infp, I'd like to see it. =)
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

MBTI
    ENTP

I've fiddled with the thought of INFP, but I identify with the INTP profile much more. I think the way that I treat people is greatly shaped by my ESFJ mother's up bringing; I needed to be very careful, or else there would be an emotional burst that I couldn't stand. As a result, I choose to treat others like I am an F (empathy, compassion, warmth), but I am very much a T with myself (very high standards with little leeway) and a few of those closest to me that I respect most (mostly INTs).

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

I've fiddled with the thought of INFP, but I identify with the INTP profile much more. I think the way that I treat people is greatly shaped by my ESFJ mother's up bringing; I needed to be very careful, or else there would be an emotional burst that I couldn't stand. As a result, I choose to treat others like I am an F (empathy, compassion, warmth), but I am very much a T with myself (very high standards with little leeway) and a few of those closest to me that I respect most (mostly INTs).
    You should take a functions test and find out if your Ti or Fi dom. I would start there.
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

MBTI
    ENTP

I have: Ne -> Ni -> Ti -> Fi -> Te -> Fe ->Se ->Si

My Ne and Ni are fairly close and are both in the 40s, my Ti and Fi are close and are both around the low 30s, my Fe and Te are in the mid to high 20s and my Ss are laughable It's been a while, so I'll take the test again, but my results have always been in line with NTP.