I should be reading, but I’m writing this instead!!
I’m indecisive am not sure what type I am – I’m almost positive I’m an NT, but I’m not sure which variety. I started the forum as an ENTJ, but then I flopped to an ENTP and now I am flirting with the idea that I am really an introvert. YourLocalJesus is attempting to convince me that I’m an ENFJ, but most people that know me say I'm an NTP with a few rooting for ENTJ.
- I’m quite laid back and easy to get along with. I have a fun and random sense of humor. Maintaining a sense of calm is important to me, so I’m selective about whom I choose to spend my time with.
- When I enter into a new situation, like a new class, I tend to stretch myself to make social bonds to improve cooperation and the mood.
- I have a lot of friendly acquaintances. I’m interested in people – I like to understand who they are, what they believe and why they are the way that they are. I have a handful of close friends and I enjoy being with people, but I need to charge alone. I spend a sizable portion of my time alone.
-I'm vocal in discussion sections and lectures if I enjoy the material. If a group project is assigned I end up being the leader more often than not.
- If I am engaged in a debate where greater understanding or sport isn’t the goal, or if I’m arguing with particularly neurotic people, I tend to withdraw. On one occasion I went to my room, closed my door, turned on Ray LaMontagne and played Tetris while my ENFJ friend dealt with my obnoxious roommate. I love playing devils advocate when I am conversing with logical people.
- I move very gracefully and dreamily. A few of my friends have a game where they stop in front of me in Sproul Plaza (where there are always people approaching you to advocate for something) and see how many steps I take or how close I get to running over them because I am so lost in my mind when I move.
- I’m a tragic sensotard. Benches and curbs are out to get me.
- I like finding beauty in unassuming places
- I tend to be able to correctly type people very quickly (I just can't apply MBTI to myself haha)
- I love theory in almost any form, but I am particularly interested in social theory, ethics and atmospheric science. I don’t do too well with empiricism. I find that I read philosophy and other theoretical works for fun, but I procrastinate or simply ignore the empirical studies I’m supposed to read for school. I find that I draw diagrams of theories or interact people instead of getting work done.
- I’m studying Sociology and Philosophy, I’m working on a senior thesis about the societal function of law (Hobbes, Nietzsche, Durkheim, Foucault, Marx … fun!) and I am planning on being a lawyer.
- I'm very kind and warm, but my foundation is logical.
- I tend not respond to situations emotionally. I tend to need to take a step back and reflect upon how I feel, and the result tends to side with how I think I should rationally feel. I also have an emotional sieve. If I realize that an emotion is irrational I can omit it.
- I work as a mentor with a group of 15-18 year old girls.
- I know what I love and what I am devoted to, but it’s almost as if my passions are rationally assigned.
- I’m quite messy… I just noticed an old milk glass that has something growing in it :/
- I wait until the last possible moment to complete my work, but I always finish it and I’m almost always happy with what I create.
- I am very calculated and deliberate with my words, movements and actions.
- I’m anal about school. I dislike "A-" s. I have been told on many occasions that this is unhealty.