• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type the Bougal!!

Bougal

HUZZAH!
MBTI Type
ENTP
I should be reading, but I’m writing this instead!!

I’m indecisive am not sure what type I am – I’m almost positive I’m an NT, but I’m not sure which variety. I started the forum as an ENTJ, but then I flopped to an ENTP and now I am flirting with the idea that I am really an introvert. YourLocalJesus is attempting to convince me that I’m an ENFJ, but most people that know me say I'm an NTP with a few rooting for ENTJ.

Me:

- I’m quite laid back and easy to get along with. I have a fun and random sense of humor. Maintaining a sense of calm is important to me, so I’m selective about whom I choose to spend my time with.

- When I enter into a new situation, like a new class, I tend to stretch myself to make social bonds to improve cooperation and the mood.

- I have a lot of friendly acquaintances. I’m interested in people – I like to understand who they are, what they believe and why they are the way that they are. I have a handful of close friends and I enjoy being with people, but I need to charge alone. I spend a sizable portion of my time alone.

-I'm vocal in discussion sections and lectures if I enjoy the material. If a group project is assigned I end up being the leader more often than not.

- If I am engaged in a debate where greater understanding or sport isn’t the goal, or if I’m arguing with particularly neurotic people, I tend to withdraw. On one occasion I went to my room, closed my door, turned on Ray LaMontagne and played Tetris while my ENFJ friend dealt with my obnoxious roommate. I love playing devils advocate when I am conversing with logical people.

- I move very gracefully and dreamily. A few of my friends have a game where they stop in front of me in Sproul Plaza (where there are always people approaching you to advocate for something) and see how many steps I take or how close I get to running over them because I am so lost in my mind when I move.

- I’m a tragic sensotard. Benches and curbs are out to get me.

- I like finding beauty in unassuming places

- I tend to be able to correctly type people very quickly (I just can't apply MBTI to myself haha)

- I love theory in almost any form, but I am particularly interested in social theory, ethics and atmospheric science. I don’t do too well with empiricism. I find that I read philosophy and other theoretical works for fun, but I procrastinate or simply ignore the empirical studies I’m supposed to read for school. I find that I draw diagrams of theories or interact people instead of getting work done.

- I’m studying Sociology and Philosophy, I’m working on a senior thesis about the societal function of law (Hobbes, Nietzsche, Durkheim, Foucault, Marx … fun!) and I am planning on being a lawyer.

- I'm very kind and warm, but my foundation is logical.

- I tend not respond to situations emotionally. I tend to need to take a step back and reflect upon how I feel, and the result tends to side with how I think I should rationally feel. I also have an emotional sieve. If I realize that an emotion is irrational I can omit it.

- I work as a mentor with a group of 15-18 year old girls.

- I know what I love and what I am devoted to, but it’s almost as if my passions are rationally assigned.

- I’m quite messy… I just noticed an old milk glass that has something growing in it :/

- I wait until the last possible moment to complete my work, but I always finish it and I’m almost always happy with what I create.

- I am very calculated and deliberate with my words, movements and actions.

- I’m anal about school. I dislike "A-" s. I have been told on many occasions that this is unhealty.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
I think you're a fairly well-balanced iNTp. These seem to indicate introversion:

- I’m quite laid back and easy to get along with. I have a fun and random sense of humor. Maintaining a sense of calm is important to me, so I’m selective about whom I choose to spend my time with.

- When I enter into a new situation, like a new class, I tend to stretch myself to make social bonds to improve cooperation and the mood.

- I move very gracefully and dreamily. A few of my friends have a game where they stop in front of me in Sproul Plaza (where there are always people approaching you to advocate for something) and see how many steps I take or how close I get to running over them because I am so lost in my mind when I move.

I often score low on P, and I wouldn't leave a glass of anything sitting around for more than a day, so that makes you a P! :laugh:

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i put my pennies on ENTP. i can see why some would say ENFJ, but you sound more Ne than Ni.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I put your pennies in a basket and steal them. ;)

It's just something with the Bougal that is warm in that Fe-dom way.

Bougal

HUZZAH!
MBTI Type
ENTP
So you're pro ENFJ-Bougal? My brother actually laughed when he heard that that was being argued, but took advantage of the EN-J to re-suggest ENTJ. I'm open to the idea, but I need to be convinced.

On an unrelated note, some Berkeley students took over Wheeler hall again, but this time it was fairly uneventful. 12 are getting arrested, there was a crowd of about 80 protesters and then like 25 cops. They shouldn't have waited until 10pm to do that element of the protest. I just got back and I wanted to share...

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I should be reading, but I’m writing this instead!! I’m indecisive am not sure what type I am – I’m almost positive I’m an NT, but I’m not sure which variety. I started the forum as an ENTJ, but then I flopped to an ENTP and now I am flirting with the idea that I am really an introvert. YourLocalJesus is attempting to convince me that I’m an ENFJ, but most people that know me say I'm an NTP with a few rooting for ENTJ.

Me:

- I have a lot of friendly acquaintances. I’m interested in people – I like to understand who they are, what they believe and why they are that way. I have a handful of close friends and I enjoy being with people, but I need to charge alone. I spend a sizable portion of my time alone.

-I'm vocal in discussion sections and lectures if I enjoy the material. If a group project is assigned I end up being the leader more often than not.

- If I am engaged in a debate where greater understanding or sport isn’t the goal, or if I’m arguing with particularly neurotic people, I tend to withdraw. On one occasion I went to my room, closed my door, turned on Ray LaMontagne and played Tetris while my ENFJ friend dealt with my obnoxious roommate. I love playing devils advocate when I am conversing with logical people.

- I like finding beauty in unassuming places

- I tend to be able to correctly type people very quickly (I just can't apply MBTI to myself haha)

- I love theory in almost any form, but I am particularly interested in social theory, ethics and atmospheric science. I don’t do too well with empiricism. I find that I read philosophy and other theoretical works for fun, but I procrastinate or simply ignore the empirical studies I’m supposed to read for school. I find that I draw diagrams of theories or interact people instead of getting work done.

- I’m studying Sociology and Philosophy, I’m working on a senior thesis about the societal function of law (Hobbes, Nietzsche, Durkheim, Foucault, Marx … fun!) and I am planning on being a lawyer.

- I'm very kind and warm, but my foundation is logical.

- I tend not respond to situations emotionally. I tend to need to take a step back and reflect upon how I feel, and the result tends to side with how I think I should rationally feel. I also have an emotional sieve. If I realize that an emotion is irrational I can omit it.

- I work as a mentor with a group of 15-18 year old girls.

- I know what I love and what I am devoted to, but it’s almost as if my passions are rationally assigned.

- I’m quite messy… I just noticed an old milk glass that has something growing in it :/

- I wait until the last possible moment to complete my work, but I always finish it and I’m almost always happy with what I create.

- I am very calculated and deliberate with my words, movements and actions.

- I’m anal about school. I dislike "A-" s. I have been told on many occasions that this is unhealty.

You sound just like an INFP to me. If someone can pick out 3 sentences in this that are NOT infp, I'd like to see it. =)

Bougal

HUZZAH!
MBTI Type
ENTP
I've fiddled with the thought of INFP, but I identify with the INTP profile much more. I think the way that I treat people is greatly shaped by my ESFJ mother's up bringing; I needed to be very careful, or else there would be an emotional burst that I couldn't stand. As a result, I choose to treat others like I am an F (empathy, compassion, warmth), but I am very much a T with myself (very high standards with little leeway) and a few of those closest to me that I respect most (mostly INTs).

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I've fiddled with the thought of INFP, but I identify with the INTP profile much more. I think the way that I treat people is greatly shaped by my ESFJ mother's up bringing; I needed to be very careful, or else there would be an emotional burst that I couldn't stand. As a result, I choose to treat others like I am an F (empathy, compassion, warmth), but I am very much a T with myself (very high standards with little leeway) and a few of those closest to me that I respect most (mostly INTs).

You should take a functions test and find out if your Ti or Fi dom. I would start there.

Bougal

HUZZAH!
MBTI Type
ENTP
I have: Ne -> Ni -> Ti -> Fi -> Te -> Fe ->Se ->Si

My Ne and Ni are fairly close and are both in the 40s, my Ti and Fi are close and are both around the low 30s, my Fe and Te are in the mid to high 20s and my Ss are laughable :biggrin: It's been a while, so I'll take the test again, but my results have always been in line with NTP.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Post your face up here and I'll match you to a Filatova drawing.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
bougal would you describe how you use/feel about each of the functions?

part of my leaning towards ExxP was your title and opening sentence. double exclamations. self-effacing humor. and also that you think you're an NT -- because whatever type you are, i really see the Fe too.

Huxley3112 said:
You sound just like an INFP to me. If someone can pick out 3 sentences in this that are NOT infp, I'd like to see it. =)

- If a group project is assigned I end up being the leader more often than not.
- [...] I love playing devils advocate when I am conversing with logical people.
- I tend not respond to situations emotionally. [...] I also have an emotional sieve. If I realize that an emotion is irrational I can omit it.
- [...] it’s almost as if my passions are rationally assigned.

:]

not that these omit INFP, but i would think they would be deviations from a Fi-dominant norm. in particular the first statement strikes me as very Fe. i still suspect the bougal is a particularly friendly, Fe-raised ENTP. Ti can also explain a lot of seemingly J leanings.

interesting, btw, about the protest. 10 pm does sound like a rather inadvisable time.

Bougal

HUZZAH!
MBTI Type
ENTP
My face:
164850_10150109634570861_568200860_7807455_5975830_n.jpg

Cognitive Process Definitions I am working with: http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/extravertedintuiting.html

Ne:I think this is my main function. I have the most fun thinking because of the random places and interconnections my mind makes, and I have the most fun and feel most like myself around other Ne-doms that I can share these connections with. I'm all for historical conversations that include kitchen utensils and Mary Poppins.

Ni: I have a lot of "Ah Ha" moments. Sometimes ideas hits me that seem to have lives of their own. An example is the senior thesis I described. I was reading Durkheim, but within an hours I had a 5 page long outline of interweaving theorist and ideas that I wanted to write about, and I was considering changing my major to focus on developing the thesis.

Ti and Fi: I am very careful and deliberate with my actions and word choices, and I really enjoy making delicate distinctions. I think that I do make value judgement, but my values are objectively generated through my Ti of what my actions should be. I have generated conceptions of what is "just" and "good," and work to apply those judgments deliberately through my actions. I don't have opinions about many "important" issues because it is not my place to impose my stances on other's life choices. My stances tend to side with "live and promote life" - I might not agree with some of the stances of others, but I'll advocate for their ability to have stances that are not detrimental to others. There is a division between the standard I have for others and the standard I have for myself. I'm hard on myself, but I also am happy with how I measure up to my own standard. (For me, there has always been a lot of blend between the ideas of Ti and Fi.)

Te: I am good at following debates and I am good at logically ordering information, but I am not a bulldog for organizing others. I strive for efficiency within myself, those close to me and those that have a role in accomplishing something I need to do, but this isn't a dominant portion of who I am.

Fe: Ok Jesus, you're right about my Fe gooey side... I don't care about conforming to norms to get along, and I go to the beat of my own drum, but I think people are valuable, so my relations with them reflects that value. As a result, I'm cozy.

Se: I love to find beauty in the things around me, but my focus tends to be turned toward things that aren't what they appears. I am most satisfied when I need to work and dig to find something beautiful. I'm a massive sensotard. I can look for something for a good twenty minutes and then my mom can walk up and find it in under a minute. And benches are out to get me. I think I broke my foot last semester (which I still haven't gone to the doctor for) from falling of a curb I didn't see (lame, I know.)

Si: Not me

Protest Related: I was called for support after the hundreds of protesters left and the arrests were being made. I guess the demonstration was impressive and peaceful, but I just saw the tired secondary leaders doing a mediocre job of leading a protest.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
I think you are fundamentally conflicted.
You wanted to be a P, but you also have a high drive to reach success.
Plus the education system is forcing everyone to be a J. It leads you to believe that you must be a J in order to excel at whatever you are doing.
I think that is flawed.
My experience is learn to trust your experience more and take more risks, and learn that even if you fail at education system, there is still alot of chance and opportunity to succeed.Allow yourself to fail more and learn from experience. Do not punish yourself when you fail.

Just open your mind take more risks and learn to trust experience.
Steve Jobs was a dropout in higher education system and I can name many more examples.
Education is not the only door to success.

There are many opportunities in this world if you open your mind and try to find it.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Shit, I forgot about this thread. Based on this picture (a better one would have been more useful, but oh well), I'd say you look the most like an ESTJ. Here's a link to the drawings if you want to check for yourself.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't think she's asking for that crappy Russian sad excuse for a personality theory Socionics. My interpretation is that she's out for her MBTI type.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I don't think she's asking for that crappy Russian sad excuse for a personality theory Socionics. My interpretation is that she's out for her MBTI type.

Hey, guy who can't read clearly, I said I'd match her up to a Filatova drawing if she posted her picture. She did. And I matched her.

P.S. Socionics is better. And the types are the fucking same in the end.