• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI of Dog Breeds.

Perch420

MBTI Type
NiTi
Enneagram
5w1
Personality is somewhat genetic; this doesn't mean it's directly inherited from the mother and father, but genes do play a role in determining personality.

Since dog breeds are basically inbreds, it makes sense that members of one breed would have a similar temperament.

From my experience, these are the dog breeds I felt most strongly from an MBTI vibe.

Beaucerons- INTJ
German Sheperd- ISTJ
Siberian Husky- INTP
Borzoi- ISFJ
Belgian Malinois- ESTJ
Greyhound- ENTJ

T

ThatGirl

There are a breed of females I call "Poodles." They are usually short, very done up and groomed, come off to be all prissy, then incessantly bark in everyones face.

I am not sure the ESFJ would fall into that category.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
We relate to dogs emotionally not cognitively.. Dogs are sensors if you must. All of them.. If you must type dogs, they are all ESFJs and very insecure ones..

I am even going to explain myself for once..

E.. Because they are social pack animals and their whole emotional state is based on their position in the pack.
They are charged by the presence of others and need consistent reaffirmation externally, to feel happy and be healthy.

S.. DO I need to explain this? Their world is a sensory world. In the truest and purest sense possible.
S can look intuitive.. But Instincts are not intuitions.

F.. I dog knows nothing of objectivity, right or wrong, justice or logic. It knows good and bad and that is it. and on a very primitive level, at that.

J.. This one also.. do I have to explain this?? They are also judgers in the purest sense. They are too subjective.. There is no room for flexibility because they lack rational thought. A dog is what it is.. It can do absolutely nothing to change that, it's not even aware there is an alternative because the concept doesn't even exist to them. It's just good and bad with no consideration for any other factors. Any apparent flexibly is simply because the dog needs to be liked and that is it's only motivation.. Stimulation.
Two judgments Good and bad. No space for anything else.

And when I say ESFJ.. I mean each function in its purest and most primitive form.

Perch420

MBTI Type
NiTi
Enneagram
5w1
We relate to dogs emotionally not cognitively.. Dogs are sensors if you must. All of them.. If you must type dogs, they are all ESFJs and very insecure ones..

How do you know that dogs don't use cognitive functions like people do? I wouldn't say it's that far of a stretch, since I believe apes, dolphins, and a few other species use them as well. I don't think you've ever had a dog if you think that. Spend 5 minutes with a Beauceron and tell me it's anything but an INTJ.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Labrador Retrievers: ISFJ

Jack Russell Terriers: ESTP

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
How do you know that dogs don't use cognitive functions like people do? I wouldn't say it's that far of a stretch, since I believe apes, dolphins, and a few other species use them as well. I don't think you've ever had a dog if you think that. Spend 5 minutes with a Beauceron and tell me it's anything but an INTJ.

Because they are dogs and we are humans.. That's why I know.

And I didn't say they don't use cognitive functions.. I said They don't use HUMAN cognitive functions.. again because they are not human.. Haven't you taken Biology? you do know the difference between a human and a dog right?

Also.. I grew up with 4 dogs.. and all four of them behaved exactly like dogs. and never once behaved like humans. I did however notice their emotional capacity.. which is impressive.
But it's on a much more primitive level.

You can't reason with a dog.. only bribe it

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
German Shepard- ESTJ
Poodle- ESFJ
Labrador Retriever- ENFP
Golden Retriever- ENFJ
English Setter- INFJ
Border Collie- ENTJ
Irish Setter- ESFP
Blood Hound- ISFP
Rotweiler- ISTP

Rex

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Dachs - some explosive extroverted feeler. J
English Bulldog - Some loyal weird quiet type who does not get social stuff. sure is a J

Perch420

MBTI Type
NiTi
Enneagram
5w1
Because they are dogs and we are humans.. That's why I know.

And I didn't say they don't use cognitive functions.. I said They don't use HUMAN cognitive functions.. again because they are not human.. Haven't you taken Biology? you do know the difference between a human and a dog right?

Also.. I grew up with 4 dogs.. and all four of them behaved exactly like dogs. and never once behaved like humans. I did however notice their emotional capacity.. which is impressive.
But it's on a much more primitive level.

You can't reason with a dog.. only bribe it

no

syndatha

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Although dogs are dogs, and not human, they definitely have different temperaments and personalities. Maybe it requires a certain amount of N not to make this into a discussion on biology? Or, if that is difficult, why not discuss what kind of dogs each of the human types would pick. I don't know enough about dog breeds to contribute to the analysis, but I strongly object to being called a golden retriever :cheese:

I would choose a chinese crested, a whippet or a dalmatian should I ever buy a dog. Feel free to type me/the dogs/ all of us/whatever :smile:

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Boxer - ENTP

English Bulldog - ISFJ

Schitzu - ESTJ
( I know this sounds a bit funny.. but let me say that there are 4 Shitzu's in my neighborhood that continually try to "beat up" or "bitch at" my 80lb Boxer while I'm walking him. They are FIGHTSTY little creatures! My boxer just looks at them with the most confused expression like "What the fuck is your problem")

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Greyhounds ENTJ? They are not forceful at all. Very passive. And often very timid and introverted. If I had to pick I'm going with INFJ or maybe ENFJ. Dogs are pretty intuitive in general, but greyhounds are very intuitive.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
goldens ENFJ
corgis ENFP

KDude

Schitzu - ESTJ
( I know this sounds a bit funny.. but let me say that there are 4 Shitzu's in my neighborhood that continually try to "beat up" or "bitch at" my 80lb Boxer while I'm walking him. They are FIGHTSTY little creatures! My boxer just looks at them with the most confused expression like "What the fuck is your problem")

My family always had Shih Tzus.. they were apparently palace dogs, and partly watchdogs. They were useful for that alertness.. they'd bark at any sign of someone moving near. The other half of that setup was the Chow. Not sure what that means in terms of type though :)

syndatha

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
OK, if goldens are officially ENFJs, I'm strongly considering changing my type :shrug:

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
My beagle seems pretty ESFP. :D