User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Well, I originally tested about 97% Perceiving.

This guy sounds amazing. There's a bunch of different strategies you could employ to accomplish the result. (1.) you can appeal to his ego, or use flattery. You are the most genius "Problem X" fixer I've ever heard of and I just know you are the best. (2.) You can simply be annoying. Just, annoy him, by being in his presence and disturbing his train of thoughts as much as possible. Eventually, it will dawn that he needs to fix problem X or he will never have any peace (3.) Ask him, "Why?", or worse, ask his supervisor, "Why?" (4.) Send whatever he is attracted to over to get him to do it. He likes green eyes? Send a girl with green eyes. (5.) Be his bud, and find out what he's interested in. Does he have a movie poster or artifact? If so, can you ask or be interested? (6.) Get him to talk about his problems (7.) Flirt with him yourself (8.) Hold his stapler and leave a ransom note (9.) Find out his task list emails, and hack the accounts. Move your job up.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by BAJ View Post
    Well, I originally tested about 97% Perceiving.

This guy sounds amazing. There's a bunch of different strategies you could employ to accomplish the result. (1.) you can appeal to his ego, or use flattery. You are the most genius "Problem X" fixer I've ever heard of and I just know you are the best. (2.) You can simply be annoying. Just, annoy him, by being in his presence and disturbing his train of thoughts as much as possible. Eventually, it will dawn that he needs to fix problem X or he will never have any peace (3.) Ask him, "Why?", or worse, ask his supervisor, "Why?" (4.) Send whatever he is attracted to over to get him to do it. He likes green eyes? Send a girl with green eyes. (5.) Be his bud, and find out what he's interested in. Does he have a movie poster or artifact? If so, can you ask or be interested? (6.) Get him to talk about his problems (7.) Flirt with him yourself (8.) Hold his stapler and leave a ransom note (9.) Find out his task list emails, and hack the accounts. Move your job up.
    ------------------------------------------------>>>>>>>>

Why do I have to be a circus performer (walk on a high-wire, wrestle with tigers and elephants, and let monkeys throw poop at me) just for you to bring a piece of equipment to my office in a timely manner?
    Just freakin' do your job without any nudging from me.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    ENTP

It's easier to promise than to do. At the moment of the promise, I'm totally convinced I'll do it. But the problem is that I tend to overestimate my abilities, especially my productivity. For some reason, I'm convinced that at any moment I'm awake, I should actually be working/creating/... towards both my and other people's goals. I'm frustrated if it turns out I have to sit down and do nothing for a while.
    If you remind me of my promise, I'll feel terribly guilty.

I TRY the hardest I can to keep my promises. I believe (and sincerely hope) I'm not as bad as your IT guy. If there's something to fix right away, I'll fix it right away.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    It's easier to promise than to do. At the moment of the promise, I'm totally convinced I'll do it. But the problem is that I tend to overestimate my abilities, especially my productivity. For some reason, I'm convinced that at any moment I'm awake, I should actually be working/creating/... towards both my and other people's goals. I'm frustrated if it turns out I have to sit down and do nothing for a while.
    If you remind me of my promise, I'll feel terribly guilty.

I TRY the hardest I can to keep my promises. I believe (and sincerely hope) I'm not as bad as your IT guy. If there's something to fix right away, I'll fix it right away.
    Oh this is good. I'm heroic, and do amazing things, but I scarcely ever do the full extent. I imagine two days work for one day's time. I have an ISTJ co-worker, and he helps me to consider whether I am being reasonable. I have ideas, and then he helps explain if they are practical or not.

Just freakin' do your job without any nudging from me
    Ha. I was just making suggestions. I don't work in IT. I could bring you a fish? We could ship a fish overnight anywhere.

We have a rough schedule here!

If I were in your shoes, I would have my equipment. If it's just a matter of getting equipment, then just go get it. It involves fixing something you don't know how to fix, then I could get him going. I'm not sure how.

I had a friend who worked in IT. He had a list of "jobs" on his computer. Things he needed to get done. It was quite a list. I was just a visitor, but I "helped". I mean, we did about three of those jobs, when he wasn't giving me a tour, giving me equipment, fixing my computer, or transferring Dave Chapel videos onto my own computer. Actually, he fixed my hard drive. Yet, I helped him in ways too. I listened to him, and gave him feedback.

Sigh.

If I were there, I could maybe help.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by BAJ View Post
    Ha. I was just making suggestions. I don't work in IT. I could bring you a fish? We could ship a fish overnight anywhere.
    Haha...a fish might just do the trick. Yeah, I wasn't yelling at you. When I said, "do your freakin' job", I was talking to my IT guy, but I said it to you to show the frustration.

I'm a P myself, so I understand the whole getting sidetracked, becoming interested in another project and forgetting what you were supposed to be doing, etc. But, this is just insane. He told me last Tuesday morning that he would be right with me in about 10 minutes. Later on that day, I reminded him. He said, "I'll take care of you first thing in the morning." Wednesday morning I waited until like 10:30am...gave him plenty of time to drink a whole pot of coffee, go to the bathroom a few times, fart around on e-mail, etc. Then reminded him and he said, "Oh yeah, OK, I have to go to another building right now, but I'll be back this afternoon." Wednesday came and went. Never saw the guy again. Thursday morning his office is dark. Come to find out, he had taken Thursday and Friday off of work. Haha. I mean, COME ON!!!

If I were there, I could maybe help.
    Thanks. I'll get it squared away next week. I'm past my tipping point. Time to let Ti rear it's head.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

well, I fully INTENDED to do it when I said that I would... I just tend to forget
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Tell him to stop being an asshole.

MBTI
    INTP

My friend says I am missing a chip in my brain. The one that tells you what you can realistically accomplish in any give period of time. If anything, I am over ambitious about what I can get done. It's just not humanly possible to actually be able to do all of it. She thinks I will not be able to change, "You either have the chip or you don't". But I am trying anyway. Seems like the harder I try to remember things the less I am able to. It is not that I don't care. I experience a great deal of stress from it. If your co-worker is good in other ways, I would recommend visual reminders taped to his monitor. If not competent, I would not tolerate him either.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by NotOfTwo View Post
    My friend says I am missing a chip in my brain. The one that tells you what you can realistically accomplish in any give period of time. If anything, I am over ambitious about what I can get done. It's just not humanly possible to actually be able to do all of it. She thinks I will not be able to change, "You either have the chip or you don't". But I am trying anyway. Seems like the harder I try to remember things the less I am able to. It is not that I don't care. I experience a great deal of stress from it. If your co-worker is good in other ways, I would recommend visual reminders taped to his monitor. If not competent, I would not tolerate him either.
    A little off topic, but in response to your post, I heard something the other day saying basically: We overestimate what we can realistically accomplish in 1 day, but we underestimate what we can accomplish in 1 year.

Each day is a series of baby steps. But, a LOT can be accomplished in 1 year if we keep taking those baby steps daily. I sometimes will go a whole month without taking any of the baby steps (on a given goal, or project), and then that begins to cut into how much I could accomplish in 1 year, because I've let so much time go without taking baby steps.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

i'm missing that chip too.

anyway, have you considered just frankly, openly telling him how difficult he's making your life? i dunno if that's a good idea with an ESTP, but it might just be kind of like, oh man, i had no idea. and then he'd try harder.

as a last resort, i've never found someone not quickly respond to annoying the shit out of them. it's not great to have to sacrifice your time just for the sake of conditioning someone, and it's really not particularly nice, but once you get the pattern established, it should be relatively permanent. do it for a good two weeks and it'll get fairly hardwired into his brain that you WILL bother him relentlessly if he doesn't do what he said he'd do for you. and it's not like he could complain to higher ups, because he's promising and not delivering. not your problem he's effing up and you need to check up on him every half an hour. and then if he happens to slack at any point in the future, bug him again.