• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

General thoughts on the strengths of Ne/Ti

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
What are Ni users' thoughts on the "strengths" of the Ne/Ti or Ti/Ne combination? A lot of what I read on the forums about this combination seems to have a negative connotation - a lot of times it's talked about in terms of what it fails to do or what it is not good at. I'm sure that ENTP's and INTP's understand the inherent strengths, but I'd like to know what other types see as the strengths of this combination.

G

Glycerine

Wit and underhanded manipulation (not always bad....more to charm people). :) Well, at least the smart ones can pull that off.

rav3n

Ti-Ne I can most often understand. Ne-Ti, I'm working on understanding. As expressed in other threads, Ne-Ti triggers my fight or flight response when it's applied in concert with Fe.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Wit is the only "good" thing I'm hearing so far. I wouldn't consider "underhanded manipulation" to be a good thing. Both of those words have negative connotations. Gives the impression that one is trying to "fool" somebody or "give a fake impression". One other thing I did read from Orobas some time ago was that it's incredibly creative and great at problem solving "in the moment" - not so much in the area of long-term planning.

G

Glycerine

I was thinking "charm" when I was saying that. I have no idea why I put a negative connotation to it.

G

Glycerine

Although it's just a type description, they seem mostly charming, witty, knowledgeable, socially suave.... can work the room pretty well, funny, nice, genuine, honest, good-natured, humble, autonomous, confident. The ones I know can be quite the ladies' man. I have met only a couple that I truly wanted to whack on the head. I know mostly INTPs.