User Tag List

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Default General thoughts on the strengths of Ne/Ti

What are Ni users' thoughts on the "strengths" of the Ne/Ti or Ti/Ne combination? A lot of what I read on the forums about this combination seems to have a negative connotation - a lot of times it's talked about in terms of what it fails to do or what it is not good at. I'm sure that ENTP's and INTP's understand the inherent strengths, but I'd like to know what other types see as the strengths of this combination.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

Glycerine

Wit and underhanded manipulation (not always bad....more to charm people). Well, at least the smart ones can pull that off.

Ti-Ne I can most often understand. Ne-Ti, I'm working on understanding. As expressed in other threads, Ne-Ti triggers my fight or flight response when it's applied in concert with Fe.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Wit is the only "good" thing I'm hearing so far. I wouldn't consider "underhanded manipulation" to be a good thing. Both of those words have negative connotations. Gives the impression that one is trying to "fool" somebody or "give a fake impression". One other thing I did read from Orobas some time ago was that it's incredibly creative and great at problem solving "in the moment" - not so much in the area of long-term planning.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

Glycerine

I was thinking "charm" when I was saying that. I have no idea why I put a negative connotation to it.

Glycerine

Although it's just a type description, they seem mostly charming, witty, knowledgeable, socially suave.... can work the room pretty well, funny, nice, genuine, honest, good-natured, humble, autonomous, confident. The ones I know can be quite the ladies' man. I have met only a couple that I truly wanted to whack on the head. I know mostly INTPs.