• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why is it difficult to describe Ni?

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I admit I have to take published words to explain this.

Gain a profound realization from a mystical state or sudden release of emotions..
Achieve a metamorphosis, definitive insight, or powerful vision of change.

Everyday I read My signature.. I put it there for a reason.

I kept going into emotional meltdown..
When my hysteria reached a certain level
I was flooded with emotions that were not pertinent to the actual situation I was in.
What resulted was a profound realization as to what exactly my fucking problem was.. But it was abstract.. even if I could hear vague voices in my head, of people I had recently confronted with, trying to tell me something.
This silenced me as I was trying to decipher the meaning of things floating around in my head..
I asked the universe for clarity.. As I approached the calendar I was also thinking about my vague realiztion
Then I Read what as written and.. AH HA!!
I had my clarity just like that.. I am seriously rigid in my expectations of certain people. I end up trying to conform them to my view point .. even if they are trying to do the same thing to me.
That's their problem, not mine.. I need to deal with my problems.
Ask and ye shall receive.. as long as you believe and listen.

So now I wear the quote as a mantra, and say it to myself I every time I am on here posting.. I finish posting and I see it.. and I realize I need to go back and change my post because I am not following my mantra.

I "achieve a metamorphosis, definitive insight, or powerful vision of change"
Through "a profound realization from a mystical state or sudden release of emotions".
In my case both a sudden release of emotions that are not pertinent to my actual situation and through mysticism, by asking the universe to help clarify things for me. The rest is up to me.. I need to have enough insight to pick up the information. If "traditional" methods don't work.. then whatever does, eh?

I then focus on a symbol.. My Sig .. see??? Ni at work..

The proof is how I have handled conflict this week, with the way I handled conflict, 4 weeks ago.
It's not magic.. and no one is stuck being who they believe they have to be or who others tell them, they have to be..

You.. as a human being, have the gift of forward thinking.. That means you can make a choice.
Changes aren't permanent.. but change is.

Jaguar

What you're missing is what it means to have a function be dominant. It's not whether you have a particular preference.

It would be difficult to pick up a book about type from my bookshelves, without seeing the words 'type preference' plastered all over the inner pages or even chapters with that title. Anyone can Google: MBTI type preferences and read as many links as they desire.

And since I'm tired, only a quickie from Roger Pearman:

In psychological type, the dynamic interplay and interactions of the preferences add to the richness of type. We must first understand as Myers had proposed that the preferences are distinct processes that work together to make up the whole.

Thisica

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
5w4
It looks clear from here that most of the main points [notably from uumlau :)] have been raised about the difficulty [or not] of describing Ni. Thanks a lot!

...of course you guys can keep on going here, if you like!

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
That's not impressive. He thought Marm was INFJ and JJ was ISFJ.
Dear God . . .

I got $100 right here that says JJ is ISFJ and that you brush your teeth with other men's ear lobes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaguar

I got $100 right here that says JJ is ISFJ and that you brush your teeth with other men's ear lobes.

Your ego is so predictable. I knew you'd say something. :wink:

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Your ego is so predictable. I knew you'd say something. :wink:

Uh.. no.. you though I would leave a nasty rep, instead I left a truthful post, so who's sugar cakes now, honey bunches?

Jaguar

Uh.. no.. you though I would leave a nasty rep, instead I left a truthful post, so who's sugar cakes now, honey bunches?

Wrong again.
I knew by posting about a " nasty rep comment" in public, you'd do the opposite.
Like I said - predictable.

By the way, there might be a greater chance of you being ISFJ than JJ. :wink:

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
It would be difficult to pick up a book about type from my bookshelves, without seeing the words 'type preference' plastered all over the inner pages or even chapters with that title. Anyone can Google: MBTI type preferences and read as many links as they desire.

And since I'm tired, only a quickie from Roger Pearman:

It's the connotation of the word "preference" I have a problem with. It implies a sense of volition that simply isn't there with dominant functions. That's all I was trying to get across.

To me, "tendency" is a better way of putting it.

Thisica

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
5w4
It's the connotation of the word "preference" I have a problem with. It implies a sense of volition that simply isn't there with dominant functions. That's all I was trying to get across.

To me, "tendency" is a better way of putting it.

That's what I was exactly thinking of!

Thisica

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
5w4
Are we just saying random stuff, given the fact that the Ni discussion seems over? From the looks of what's happened since my comment over the clarification...yes!

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Jaguar, I think you might be an S.

/srs this time

strawberries

shadow boxer
MBTI Type
----
what did it say before? rep me details and i'll give you a cookie. :cookie:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_S5cXbXe-4&NR=1"].[/YOUTUBE]

G

Ginkgo

Ni is difficult to describe.

Now that wasn't so hard, was it?

clappinghands.gif

:wink:

wolfy

awsm
Introverted iNtuiting involves synthesizing the seemingly paradoxical or contradictory, which takes understanding to a new level. Using this process, we can have moments when completely new, unimagined realizations come to us.

It refuses to come to a concrete understanding of itself... It is kind of fun to assign human traits to a function.