User Tag List

First 5678917 Last

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Do you too think we could ask burping cat for help ?
    I think so.

Let me share a little Ni tidbit here, a koan which has guided me many times before. Something just 'clicked' the first time I read it.

Here it is:

One day Unsho visited Tanzan, who was drinking wine at the time, not even a drop of which is suppposed to touch the tongue of a Buddhist.

"Hello, brother," Tanzan greeted him. "Won't you have a drink?"

"I never drink!" exclaimed Unsho solemnly.

"One who does not drink is not even human," said Tanzan.

"Do you mean to call me inhuman just because I do not indulge in intoxicating liquids!" exclaimed Unsho in anger. "Then if I am not human, what am I?"

Burping cat then burped.

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    The best way I can describe it is "you see the thing that the other person just did? I was thinking the same thing" or "you think that conversation was random? It wasn't, and here's why..." It's the extension of thematic unity that describes it best.
    I hear you.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

That ruined my rep wall Jag Dunno it was possible to post pictures there, why havent one taught me earlier
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    That ruined my rep wall Jag Dunno it was possible to post pictures there, why havent one taught me earlier
    I knew it would wake your ass up!

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    Okay, tying together replies to a few different posts here, so bear with me..
    wait

Is the concept of just trying to tie a few of these questions into some overarching explanation that answers all of them an example how Ni works?

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    OK This is what I am being told.. In my first post.. I needed to imply that I was not joining the discussion in progress .. But rather answering the OP who is apparently an NI dom, asking why they are having trouble understanding their dominant function.. SO Apparently I posted about Ni in Ni terms and not simple succinct terms, so that only an Ni user would get what I was saying. And I was out of sequence.

This is well explained, and I understand why I seemed to be coming out of nowhere and confusing those who were in a discussion..

For this I apologize.. I assume people know what I am talking about. I was sticking to the OP.

I am also being told that I was being treated a tad rudely.. so meh!!! It's all good.
    I don't think you need to apologize, but I'm sorry I came across rudely / was rude. I'm not able to keep my diplomacy covering intact all of the time , and in the end, I was attacking the ideas because I disagree with them. I can't really deny that. I know though that in this case my 'method' was rather poor, and I wasn't trying to bridge gaps/ ensure understanding and foster dialogue. Being more diplomatic would have made a world of difference, and normally I try to do that - I was just in idea mode and frustrated with Ni once again turning into something indescribable, and letting go of the presentation quite a lot. Sorry.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Because it's magical
    In what way? It sounds vague.
    “To explain all nature is too difficult a task for any one man or even for any one age. 'Tis much better to do a little with certainty, & leave the rest for others that come after you, than to explain all things by conjecture without making sure of any thing.”—Statement from unpublished notes for the Preface to the Opticks (1704) by Newton.

What do you think about me? And for the darker side, here.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    That's interesting. It kind of reminds me of when I forget commonly used words in the middle of a conversation, and end up saying something very confusing instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    Pure memory work is painful for me. I forget words all the time unless I can work through a logical process that attaches the word to the concept. One word that consistently escapes me is "concurrent". It's mentally blocked from my mind whenever I need to use it.
    Thank you so much for helping me to realize that I haven't head early onset dementia since I was a child. I really mean that. I always thought there was something wrong with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Thisica View Post
    In what way? It sounds vague.
    It's a joke

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    Imagine a whole bunch of self-help articles that deal with various aspects of the human condition. Now imagine that there is a particular individual to whom I am moved to offer advice. The person might have issues with dating or a gf, and perhaps his Mom is being annoying, and then there's the situation at work. Ni takes all the articles covering these topics even tangentially, then snips out the bits and pieces that apply to this guy right here, and then synthesize it with a particular theme that doesn't come from any article, but from "just me."

For instance, the theme might be "just relax," and I explain how that will help with the gf situation (too uptight to risk anything), the Mom situation (she only cares about you, accept her input without feeling pressured to act on it), and the situation at work (just do one thing at a time, instead of everything at once.).

The result is a custom-tailored answer perfect for the situation at hand. It is problematic in that the answer cannot easily be generalized, because it is very particular to that one case.

That's how Ni works.
    This is one of the best descriptions I think I've read. Maybe I should reread some Jung and look more carefully.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

ThatGirl

Ha! One of the things that stood out in Night's video was when he confused the word "temper" (I think not re-watching) for temperature.

I do that sometimes, when I am speaking from a sort of mental muscle memory, and formulating the next idea at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    This is one of the best descriptions I think I've read.
    And it only took uumlau about 40 attempts to describe Ni to achieve that.