User Tag List

First 71516171819 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

I admit I have to take published words to explain this.

Gain a profound realization from a mystical state or sudden release of emotions..
    Achieve a metamorphosis, definitive insight, or powerful vision of change.
    Everyday I read My signature.. I put it there for a reason.

I kept going into emotional meltdown..
    When my hysteria reached a certain level
    I was flooded with emotions that were not pertinent to the actual situation I was in.
    What resulted was a profound realization as to what exactly my fucking problem was.. But it was abstract.. even if I could hear vague voices in my head, of people I had recently confronted with, trying to tell me something.
    This silenced me as I was trying to decipher the meaning of things floating around in my head..
    I asked the universe for clarity.. As I approached the calendar I was also thinking about my vague realiztion
    Then I Read what as written and.. AH HA!!
    I had my clarity just like that.. I am seriously rigid in my expectations of certain people. I end up trying to conform them to my view point .. even if they are trying to do the same thing to me.
    That's their problem, not mine.. I need to deal with my problems.
    Ask and ye shall receive.. as long as you believe and listen.

So now I wear the quote as a mantra, and say it to myself I every time I am on here posting.. I finish posting and I see it.. and I realize I need to go back and change my post because I am not following my mantra.

I "achieve a metamorphosis, definitive insight, or powerful vision of change"
    Through "a profound realization from a mystical state or sudden release of emotions".
    In my case both a sudden release of emotions that are not pertinent to my actual situation and through mysticism, by asking the universe to help clarify things for me. The rest is up to me.. I need to have enough insight to pick up the information. If "traditional" methods don't work.. then whatever does, eh?

I then focus on a symbol.. My Sig .. see??? Ni at work..

The proof is how I have handled conflict this week, with the way I handled conflict, 4 weeks ago.
    It's not magic.. and no one is stuck being who they believe they have to be or who others tell them, they have to be..

You.. as a human being, have the gift of forward thinking.. That means you can make a choice.
    Changes aren't permanent.. but change is.

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    What you're missing is what it means to have a function be dominant. It's not whether you have a particular preference.
    It would be difficult to pick up a book about type from my bookshelves, without seeing the words 'type preference' plastered all over the inner pages or even chapters with that title. Anyone can Google: MBTI type preferences and read as many links as they desire.

And since I'm tired, only a quickie from Roger Pearman:

In psychological type, the dynamic interplay and interactions of the preferences add to the richness of type. We must first understand as Myers had proposed that the preferences are distinct processes that work together to make up the whole.

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    5w4

It looks clear from here that most of the main points [notably from uumlau ] have been raised about the difficulty [or not] of describing Ni. Thanks a lot!

...of course you guys can keep on going here, if you like!
    “To explain all nature is too difficult a task for any one man or even for any one age. 'Tis much better to do a little with certainty, & leave the rest for others that come after you, than to explain all things by conjecture without making sure of any thing.”—Statement from unpublished notes for the Preface to the Opticks (1704) by Newton.

What do you think about me? And for the darker side, here.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    That's not impressive. He thought Marm was INFJ and JJ was ISFJ.
    Dear God . . .
    I got $100 right here that says JJ is ISFJ and that you brush your teeth with other men's ear lobes.
    Last edited by highlander; 02-26-2011 at 04:36 PM. Reason: removed insult
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    I got $100 right here that says JJ is ISFJ and that you brush your teeth with other men's ear lobes.
    Your ego is so predictable. I knew you'd say something.
    Last edited by highlander; 02-26-2011 at 04:38 PM. Reason: removed insult from quote

MBTI
    INTJ

Your ego is so predictable. I knew you'd say something.
    Uh.. no.. you though I would leave a nasty rep, instead I left a truthful post, so who's sugar cakes now, honey bunches?
    Last edited by highlander; 02-26-2011 at 04:34 PM. Reason: removed insult
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Uh.. no.. you though I would leave a nasty rep, instead I left a truthful post, so who's sugar cakes now, honey bunches?
    Wrong again.
    I knew by posting about a " nasty rep comment" in public, you'd do the opposite.
    Like I said - predictable.

By the way, there might be a greater chance of you being ISFJ than JJ.
    Last edited by highlander; 02-26-2011 at 04:35 PM. Reason: removed insult in quote

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

It would be difficult to pick up a book about type from my bookshelves, without seeing the words 'type preference' plastered all over the inner pages or even chapters with that title. Anyone can Google: MBTI type preferences and read as many links as they desire.

And since I'm tired, only a quickie from Roger Pearman:
    It's the connotation of the word "preference" I have a problem with. It implies a sense of volition that simply isn't there with dominant functions. That's all I was trying to get across.

To me, "tendency" is a better way of putting it.

ThatGirl

Omg, Lol @ quote edit!

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    It's the connotation of the word "preference" I have a problem with. It implies a sense of volition that simply isn't there with dominant functions. That's all I was trying to get across.

To me, "tendency" is a better way of putting it.
    That's what I was exactly thinking of!
    “To explain all nature is too difficult a task for any one man or even for any one age. 'Tis much better to do a little with certainty, & leave the rest for others that come after you, than to explain all things by conjecture without making sure of any thing.”—Statement from unpublished notes for the Preface to the Opticks (1704) by Newton.

What do you think about me? And for the darker side, here.