User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    That post
    FWIW, in that quote, you did come across like someone who was merely sick of symbolism, rather than someone who was devoid of it

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

There is nothing complicated about Ni.

These threads always seem to confuse the issue more.

Completely extroverted intuition looks at environmental factors only.
    Completely introverted intuition looks at internal factors only.

An Ne user makes abstract connections about what is currently going on around them.
    An Ni user makes abstract connections about what is currently going on in their heads.

The reason Ni seems all mysterious or whatever is that it's INTROVERTED. As in, it's about what's going on in the user's head. Yeah, it's hard for other people to follow -- it's not about the current situation! Nothing mystical about it.

ThatGirl

For what it is worth...I guess the difference is, I don't see my understandings as symbolic, I just see them as truth. While other people puff up their false understandings and assign them credibility by making them symbolic.

Then we believe in things that don't exist and ignore things that actually do.

My post was about stepping away from conventional symbolism. How is that for irony?

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Since another Ni user would know that surely there is probably more to the story than that.
    An Ni "user" knows the difference between Ni and Se.
    But I figure if I agree with Jock about your type, you'll yell "Fuck you" again, like you did to him yesterday.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    There is nothing complicated about Ni.

These threads always seem to confuse the issue more.

Completely extroverted intuition looks at environmental factors only.
    Completely introverted intuition looks at internal factors only.

An Ne user makes abstract connections about what is currently going on around them.
    An Ni user makes abstract connections about what is currently going on in their heads.

The reason Ni seems all mysterious or whatever is that it's INTROVERTED. As in, it's about what's going on in the user's head. Yeah, it's hard for other people to follow -- it's not about the current situation! Nothing mystical about it.
    Yeah.. I would agree, if only everything was so black and white and neatly categorized. Since chaos is as relevant as order??.
    Not in our lifetime.. I don't think.

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    An Ni "user" knows the difference between Ni and Se.
    But I figure if I agree with Jock about your type, you'll yell "Fuck you" again, like you did to him yesterday.
    Lol probably. I have been around a LOT of ESTPs, and one need only to see us in the same room together or during the course of one conversation to depict the difference.

Se tends to be more absolute, and quick. It is what it is. Accepting information as it comes, backed by already strong opinions, and choosing how to act.

Where as I am questioning, theorizing, it never is what it is.

They theorize to play around, I theorize to figure out.

They do without thinking too much about it, I do because I have plan.

Just because I hide behind Se more so than presenting Ni, does not mean I am Se preferred user. It means I am unhealthy. Which I am pretty sure is common knowledge.

I love ESTPs, but I am not one.

Anyone who has ever met me irl has typed me N. Edgar who swore up and down I was an ESTP, changed his mind within 10 minutes of meeting me.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    Yeah.. I would agree, if only everything was so black and white and neatly categorized. Since chaos is as relevant as order??.
    Not in our lifetime.. I don't think.
    I don't get what you're arguing. That we shouldn't have simple definitions because things are complicated?

There's plenty of room for complicated description -- in both the interactions between functions and what actually defines the internal and external standard on an individual level.

Without concise function definitions, the system is a bunch of handwavey nonsense.

Love this thread in its dissection of Ni down to core and explainable components. It's like myth busters!

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    I don't get what you're arguing. That we shouldn't have simple definitions because things are complicated?

There's plenty of room for complicated description -- in both the interactions between functions and what actually defines the internal and external standard on an individual level.

Without concise function definitions, the system is a bunch of handwavey nonsense.
    I am not saying we should or shouldn't.. I am saying it is not. We strive for order and that is noble.. But we cannot deny something just because we cannot define it.
    Without chaos there can be no order.

Feelings, intuitions, hunches and emotions defy logic.. Defining them wont change their nature. That is a fallacy of conscious existence.
    There is much more going on than meets the eye..and there is nothing "smoke and mirrors" and about it.

ThatGirl

My personal experience with Ni is that it works like this.

I was having a conversation with a ventrillo member and analyzing their personality based on the picture of their hand submitted in the sexuality sub forum. I went into some detail. After being told I was fairly accurate, I was told I can not gather that type of information from a picture alone.

My response was, "Well it isn't just the picture alone. It is how you chose to pose your hand, the state of your fingers, the background, over all health, why you chose this photo to represent yourself as a hand, and when you chose to post it."

His response, "That is Ni."

Am I wrong?