• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How Fast Do You Feel?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
A fistbeat fast and long

Since I've never hit a person this must mean I am emotionally dead

Noon

1. Do you think it takes more or less time to FEEL (Fe, Fi) or to THINK (Te, Ti)
It takes less time to start thinking and it's more relaxing to think (Ti). But it takes the same amount of time to come to a decision whether it's Fe or Ti.

2. Do you think it takes more or less time to PERCEIVE (e.g. Ne, Ni, Si, Se) vs. to FEEL (Fe, Fi)

Definitely less time to perceive. I love that Si/Ne just proposes or takes in information, compares and contrasts, and spins and connects and expands without necessarily having to make an iron judgment or decision any time soon.

3. Why do you think these things?
Not sure, personal experience?

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
I think I have posted on this topic in the past a little ... this is what I believe happens for me:

I feel (what we have previously talked about loosely as feeling tones) that something is (defined primitively as) good or bad or somewhere in the spectrum. Then, I engage the surroundings to see what has got my attention.

I used the example last year of being out with the dog in the freezing rain. I take a step and feel a bad feeling, I then realize there is ice beneath my feet.

So, IDK, I think feelings come before thinking and my emotions are engaged as a result of the thinking.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Emotions drive thinking. I just see the term 'feeling' equating to emotions way too often. I can't remember the psychologist's and their names, but to bring in the aspects of whether we think then feel, or feel and then think, or simultaneously do both. I'd have to say that it seems emotions will always precede a thought. And from that point we question why we felt that way (usually the intial emotion), if the person so chooses. I think the simultaneous aspect of the emotion with thought only occurs when you put an emotion towards the thought and decide to feel this way whenever the issue comes up, which to me seems like Fi.

I just see the OP question meaning literally: How quickly do you make judgements from your values? If we are relating this to type. Not really so much how quickly do we experience an emotion because well I would think that after we experience the first emotion we never stop feeling emotion unless apathy is being experienced, but that still seems to be linked to depression, which we associate towards the emotion 'sadness'.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
125km/h

dunno if its fast or slow compared to others

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For me, Se often comes fastest, at least when I am paying attention to my environment, or something in the external world I want to observe. Te then follows fairly quickly, even if only to render the judgment, "you need to gather more data". Determining the speed of my dominant function, Ni, is very difficult. Ni perceptions can appear as "flashes of insight", which sounds like something fast, but they are often the product of hours, days, even weeks of subconscious rumination on an "everything else" that I will not attempt to define. On the other hand, sometimes they really are fast, prompted directly by something that has just happened. I suspect that feelings (the experience of emotion, not the Fe/Fi functions) come faster than anything, but they usually sneak under the radar, and don't come to my attention unless they are unusually strong, or I make a deliberate effort to examine them.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
125km/h

dunno if its fast or slow compared to others

125 km/h is kindergarten ! That's like not even as fast as I go thru city traffic... what's with you man ? :D