User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Imagine how molasses slow inferior Fi works with some of us. No wonder we shunt it to the nth dimension whenever possible since it can be torturous to use it. What am I feeling? Why am I feeling this way? Am I entitled to feel this way? Is this value reasonable or is it idealistic or just plain anal?

Te happens faster than it takes to say Te happens. It makes snap decisions with no effort at all. Using Ti is more difficult and sometimes gets pushed around by or conflicts with Te. Kind of like the hare and a tortoise on red bull.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

perceive > feel > think

feeling is fast. it takes a long time to describe outwardly, but i "know" it inside almost immediately.

perceiving is so fast that i don't realize i'm doing it half the time.

thinking comes readily enough when i'm externalizing through some medium - writing or speaking - but much more slowly when i have to do it in my head. Ti is awesome, but it makes my brain hurt.

i tried to figure this out while ignoring my function order, but it correlates anyway.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Your hypothesis is that feeling takes more time than anything.
    That ought to tell you something.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    On the other hand.. Isn't T and F just if we trust what we feel anyway?? The value is on emotion still.. Either the F values their feeling . or the T gives less value to the emotion and instead focuses on the right and wrong and facts.
    Not necessarily. F can set aside a feeling as well as T can. For example, I might feel frustration and even anger while helping an elderly neighbor if they are being very slow, making me repeat myself over and over, etc. but I do my best not to act upon those feelings, and to remain patient and courteous instead. It is not Te logic that causes me to do this. I would certainly get more accomplished myself by leaving the neighbor to their own devices and moving on. I behave this way because I value respecting our elders, and being a good neighbor. Such values are the realm of Fi, as are most considerations of "right vs. wrong". Te/Ti deals more with correct vs. incorrect, or even effective vs. ineffective.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    1. Do you think it takes more or less time to FEEL (Fe, Fi) or to THINK (Te, Ti)
    I think that it goes like this, for verbal communication: Te > Fe > Ti > Fi.

I believe that Thinking is slightly faster than Feeling, but that Extraverted Judgment is faster than Introverted Judgment. I also believe that development of those functions can impact how fast they are for you. It also depends on what you're measuring. My Ti is faster than Fe when it comes to nonverbal responses, but verbalizing a Ti response is much slower than verbalizing an Fe response.
    2. Do you think it takes more or less time to PERCEIVE (e.g. Ne, Ni, Si, Se) vs. to FEEL (Fe, Fi)
    I believe Perception is faster than Feeling or Thinking, by it's very nature. You have to be aware of the information before you can make a judgement about it, right?

3. Why do you think these things?
    Umm... just personal experiences and a hunch?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I think that it goes like this, for verbal communication: Te > Fe > Ti > Fi.

I believe that Thinking is slightly faster than Feeling, but that Extraverted Judgment is faster than Introverted Judgment. I also believe that development of those functions can impact how fast they are for you. It also depends on what you're measuring. My Ti is faster than Fe when it comes to nonverbal responses, but verbalizing a Ti response is much slower than verbalizing an Fe response.

I believe Perception is faster than Feeling or Thinking, by it's very nature. You have to be aware of the information before you can make a judgement about it, right?

Umm... just personal experiences and a hunch?
    It does seem like Te is faster than Ti. I'm not sure about Fe being faster than Ti though. I look at some Fe auxes on the forum that have very well developed Fe and they take a while to arrive at decisions or conclusions at times. Ti is hard for me to assess though.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Why is it that I keep misreading the thread title to say "How fat do you feel"?

My apologies to highlander but I had to extrovert this insight!

Ti appears to be slower since it's not our dom function but also, it's nonconclusive so the end never arrives.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i think i perceive then feel then think
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    perceive > feel > think

feeling is fast. it takes a long time to describe outwardly, but i "know" it inside almost immediately.

perceiving is so fast that i don't realize i'm doing it half the time.

thinking comes readily enough when i'm externalizing through some medium - writing or speaking - but much more slowly when i have to do it in my head. Ti is awesome, but it makes my brain hurt.

i tried to figure this out while ignoring my function order, but it correlates anyway.
    ha...right..this is exactly how i perceive then feel and then think about it.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

The questions I'd like to pose are these:
    1. Do you think it takes more or less time to FEEL (Fe, Fi) or to THINK (Te, Ti)

For me it goes both ways. There have been instances where I've just instantly reacted emotionally and only later looked at it logically.

There have been other times, where it took a while to sort through the feelings and process them. Sometimes I wouldn't realize that I was truly disappointed or hurt until several hours after the incident happened.

2. Do you think it takes more or less time to PERCEIVE (e.g. Ne, Ni, Si, Se) vs. to FEEL (Fe, Fi)
    3. Why do you think these things?

These two questions kind of go together. I think, for me anyway, it's quicker to perceive things. Perceiving is an irrational function- I think by nature irrational functions (sensing or intuition) are quicker than rational ones (thinking or feeling). With rational functions, there is an evaluatory process going on which takes time. Either through logical principles (T) or through values and good/bad (feeling).
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne