• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I am and ISFP but...

Illmatic

Well i am an ISFP and i think it describes me perfectly as i am but i want to change some of my personality characteristic to those of a ISTP.

-Silent
-Don't Talk much
-Is usually underestimated by everyone but ahead of the game
-Watches people lie and do things but keeps it to themselves, like they'll watch you lie but not do anything about it and mind their own business.
-Not a loner or anything but quiet
-Observes things carefully
-Has a mysterious aura around them
-Kinda like don't talk much but gets the job done.

But i don't want to pretend. I want to genuinly become like tht. Is it possible?

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I see this is your first post. Welcome to the forum!

Why do you want to change to ISTP? Are there things you're not happy with about ISFP? There is no best or worst type. The grass isn't greener on the other side because you find that the other type also has its challenges. Besides, do you really want to give up the strengths that make you special?

I don't think its possible to change your type but you can work on changing some of your behaviors and habits.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So you wanna be more T then F? To which I ask you, is it also because your too meotional and want to be more logical? Strictly speaking in that regard, T and F have nothing to do with it; T's can be emotional as F's can be logical (not to mention both type are using a rational judging primary funtion).

Or perhaps you really are an ISTP and you've mistyped yourself?

Oh and welcome to the forums :hi: :)

Illmatic

Nah, i don't wanna become a ISTP, i just want some of the charasteristics in it. I still wanna be friendly and shit but i also want to be quiet and all those things i showed in my OP. I just wanna gain some charasterisitcs:

Thanks. :blush:

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
introvert characteristics
-Silent
-Don't Talk much
-Kinda like don't talk much but gets the job done

SP characteristics

random
-Watches people lie and do things but keeps it to themselves, like they'll watch you lie but not do anything about it and mind their
own business.
-Is usually underestimated by everyone but ahead of the game (i could see this associated with being a P, which would actually be more along the lines of underestimated but easily keeps up with the game, even when things don't go as planned - or associated with being an introvert, just because they don't display their competence externally as much....)

if you're ISFP i would assume you already have most of these characteristics to a certain extent? though ISxPs do tend to be "extraverted introverts" - introverts in the sense that they primarily focus upon information internal to their minds, not external, but extraverts in the sense that they are open and social.

your type probably won't ever change, for better or worse, since we've been essentially developing and building on our preferences from the moment we were born - but it's certainly possible to change your behavior. personally i am working on becoming more J-ish behavior wise. :yes:

Illmatic

-Silent
-Don't Talk much

SP characteristics

random
-Watches people lie and do things but keeps it to themselves, like they'll watch you lie but not do anything about it and mind their
own business.
-Is usually underestimated by everyone but ahead of the game (i could see this associated with being a P, which would actually be more along the lines of underestimated but easily keeps up with the game, even when things don't go as planned - or associated with being an introvert, just because they don't display their competence externally as much....)

if you're ISFP i would assume you already have most of these characteristics to a certain extent? though ISxPs do tend to be "extraverted introverts" - introverts in the sense that they primarily focus upon information internal to their minds, not external, but extraverts in the sense that they are open and social.

your type probably won't ever change, for better or worse, since we've been essentially developing and building on our preferences from the moment we were born - but it's certainly possible to change your behavior. personally i am working on becoming more J-ish behavior wise. :yes:

I've asked this question before somewhere else to seee and people mostly said that it is a ISTP person.

wolfy

awsm
-Silent
-Don't Talk much

SP characteristics

random
own business.

I agree with this. The traits you posted are pretty typically isfp traits also.