• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Name that function.

T

ThatGirl

What is the function that causes one to be able to look at a multiple choice question, generally math, and pick out the answer in the box, on sight, without thinking about it?

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Does it matter if the answer is the correct one or not?

Mindlessly choosing an answer without any concern as to its correctness........ irrational function?

G

garbage

Ni

the main reason I know the answer to your question is that I vaguely remember you doing exactly that in some thread, then attributing it to Ni

does my thing still count as an answer if it doesn't come from knowledge of the functions? yeah, sure

T

ThatGirl

Does it matter if the answer is the correct one or not?

Mindlessly choosing an answer without any concern as to its correctness........ irrational function?

Yes it does.

Ni

the main reason I know the answer to your question is that I vaguely remember you doing exactly that in some thread, then attributing it to Ni

does my thing still count as an answer if it doesn't come from knowledge of the functions? yeah, sure

Maybe.

I have heard theory it may be Se, I think it is Ne, keep in mind math is not the same as words, which could attribute far greater context at skim level.

It could be Ni. In instantly recognizing a base comparison.....but I doubt it, or at least Ni an I have come to understand it.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This is like some sort of nerdy game show :D

Could be Ni, extremely quick subconscious thinking, or sheer luck (or a combination of these...)

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Probably Ni, though it could also be Si if one has taken several similar tests before, and the person is VERY familiar with the material.

D

Dali

Definitely Ni, for reasons stated above. Speaking from personal experience too.

Next question, (an easy one) what is the function that moves one to take freshly-baked cookies to the neighbours that just moved in across the street?

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Next question, (an easy one) what is the function that moves one to take freshly-baked cookies to the neighbours that just moved in across the street?

Fe, right?

What is the function that moves one to take and eat a freshly-baked apple pie from the windowsill of a neighbor while they're not looking?

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
LOL. You're asking what function is strongest in thieves?

No, not thieves in general. Just the kind that likes to steal apple pies if they see them. A bank robber would probably be using another function altogether.

An Fe thief would be like Robin Hood, steal from the rich and give to the poor.
A Te thief would probably want to steal stuff for themselves, because it's practical and benefits them.
An Se thief would steal something because it looked cool and they wanted to have it.
An Ne thief would steal something they needed in order to test out an idea, for an experiment. Or just to see what would happen.

All the Extraverted functions can be thieves.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Se, for sure ;)

(not about theives but about seeing pie and taking it)

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Fe, right?

What is the function that moves one to take and eat a freshly-baked apple pie from the windowsill of a neighbor while they're not looking?

I was thinking Fi is also possible. I really like pie and want to eat pie. Sounds like an internal values based system. Fi doesn't always have to be doing the 'good' thing.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I was thinking Fi is also possible. I really like pie and want to eat pie. Sounds like an internal values based system. Fi doesn't always have to be doing the 'good' thing.

Fi or Se, I suppose. Though the Fi case would require that the person's value system valued personal happiness over other people's right to have their stuff. Whereas with Se, the person might not be thinking about whose pie it is, and just grab/eat it without thinking. However, Fi or Ti might also compel an SP to pay back the person later, after they've eaten the pie. It really depends on the value system.

Noon

Fe, right?

Agree with this.

And I'd choose Se for pie: very attentive to exactly when the pie is vulnerable for the taking, strong impulse to take it, excited about the risk, looking forward to the thrill of the experience as well as the taste in the end?

T

ThatGirl

Lol! Awesome.

For the Pie I would say extroverted perceiving....whatever function that is.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Agree with this.

And I'd choose Se for pie: very attentive to exactly when the pie is vulnerable for the taking, strong impulse to take it, excited about the risk, looking forward to the thrill of the experience as well as the taste in the end?

I also agree that Se is right for the pie stealing.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What function is this demonstrating?

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrSzXTa4OFU"]Attitude[/YOUTUBE]

It's the function the coach is demonstrating.

Noon

What function is this demonstrating?

It's the function the coach is demonstrating.

I think Te/Fi too, for the coach as well as for the vibe of the entire video. Certain parts of the death crawl also make me think of Se/Ni problem-solving too (not as a literal representation, though).

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Facing the Giants! :laugh: I love that part where the crippled old man tries to get out of his wheelchair, falls, and then says "I guess I got a little too ambitious." Comedy gold.

But yeah, I guess I'd probably say that clip seems most like Te/Fi.