• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Name that function.

T

ThatGirl

I believe Gish linked it.

Satan_s_Cesspool_5.jpg

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It's supposed to be Fe

Yes. It "feels" Te-ish due to the forcefulness of the coach, and Fi-ish due to the player finding inner strength. But Fe isn't always "nice." This could be Fe.

Te + Fi = Fe

No. Sort of, but no.

The typical Fe answer to most Te-style business problems is "well, we just need to work harder." (i.e, it's a people problem) The Te answer would be a more efficient rearrangement of resources. (i.e., it's a resource management problem) So in the sense of Fe, perhaps even Fe/Ni, the coach is attempting to inspire both the team and the player. I believe the Fe sense predominates over the Te/Fi sense.

If this were more of a "karate kid" kind of session, where it's Mr. Miyagi trying to teach Daniel to find inner strength by pushing his limits, then maybe it would be a more Te/Fi thing (or really Fi/Te). But given the fact that he is trying to inspire the whole team, and inspire a given player to leadership, it's Fe, in my opinion.

enigmaticae

MBTI Type
INFJ
No, not thieves in general. Just the kind that likes to steal apple pies if they see them. A bank robber would probably be using another function altogether.

An Fe thief would be like Robin Hood, steal from the rich and give to the poor.
A Te thief would probably want to steal stuff for themselves, because it's practical and benefits them.
An Se thief would steal something because it looked cool and they wanted to have it.
An Ne thief would steal something they needed in order to test out an idea, for an experiment. Or just to see what would happen.

All the Extraverted functions can be thieves.

lol totally love this!

Soar337

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
The function that allows you to quickly and easily compare data and acknowledge the similarities and differences by darting your attention(eyes) between them?

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
The function that allows you to quickly and easily compare data and acknowledge the similarities and differences by darting your attention(eyes) between them?

That's mostly just a skill that can be practiced, rather than an actual psychological function. The functions are about what you want, rather than what you can do.