User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    NiTi
    Enneagram
    5w1

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    After watching the vid a 2nd time, and reading through some of your responces.. I have a better idea of where your going with this. Sure, certain people might find it funny. I couldn't. I live in midwest USA and don't spend anytime at all watching Nationalist videos, nor do I understand much about these particular cultures. Someone that is more accustomed to the cultures might find it really funny. Personally, I do enjoy edgy, innapropriate, dark comedy. I LOVE Doug Stanhope. He can be pretty of the wall with his "myspace pedofiles vid" "abortion vid" etc.
    I think your elitist mental gymnastics pyramid idea is hilarious! Do you really think "intelligence" can be correlated to this pyramid? What kind of intelligence are you referring to? Bottom line, I hate to see someone put something like this up.. only to get blasted with criticism. But I I guess that doesn't bother you much, or you would have a more closely considered your audience here.
    I haven't seen a single Yugoslavian nationalist video, but I still found it funny and knew it was a parody, not a genuine racist video.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112
    I think your elitist mental gymnastics pyramid idea is hilarious! Do you really think "intelligence" can be correlated to this pyramid? What kind of intelligence are you referring to? Bottom line, I hate to see someone put something like this up.. only to get blasted with criticism. But I I guess that doesn't bother you much, or you would have a more closely considered your audience here.
    The whole thing is very meta to me.
    The "intelligence pyramid" and such "meta-ing" of such a banal video only makes me laugh even harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Perch420 View Post
    What racist comments? Do you realize it's a parody of Yugoslavian racism? That's like saying Dave Chappelle is a racist because he says "nigger" when in-character as a racist. What you're saying doesn't make any sense.
    That's because the response was focused on the tangible cues that are usually associated with racism, without considering the context and who was making the remarks. Context changes everything.

When someone within the group skewers it so pointedly and over the top, it's funny due to the obviously meant irony.

I think one problem here is that westerners had no social subtext by which to recognize the inherent juxtaposition... so it fell under Poe's Law and came off as straight and thus dumb/bigoted. The "clue" that i had that it was fake was that the language/vocabulary was SUCH an over-the-top caricature, I suspected it wasn't serious... but I had no knowledge of Serbian national subtext by which to confirm that.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    NiTi
    Enneagram
    5w1

After watching the vid a 2nd time, and reading through some of your responces.. I have a better idea of where your going with this. Sure, certain people might find it funny. I couldn't. I live in midwest USA and don't spend anytime at all watching Nationalist videos, nor do I understand much about these particular cultures. Someone that is more accustomed to the cultures might find it really funny. Personally, I do enjoy edgy, innapropriate, dark comedy. I LOVE Doug Stanhope. He can be pretty of the wall with his "myspace pedofiles vid" "abortion vid" etc.
    The pyramid has nothing to do with how funny something is (subjective) or how intelligent someone has to be to "get" it. There are plenty of intelligent people who don't "get" jazz. Does this mean they're stupid? No. Doug Stanhope is hilarious but he isn't at the top of the pyramid (although certainly higher than most). It orders humor in order of how much mental gymnastics you have to do to "get" it. That's all. If I post a video of a guy taking a shit, that would be at the very bottom because there's zero mental gymnastics you have to make to "get" it; it's a guy taking a shit.

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Perch420 View Post
    I haven't seen a single Yugoslavian nationalist video, but I still found it funny and knew it was a parody, not a genuine racist video.
    I think a better way to poll this is to ask.. "For those that UNDERSTAND this video, who thinks its funny?"
    You can see that most people that watched it don't even understand it. This isn't because most people on here are "stupid" ... they just don't make the cultural connection.
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

MBTI
    XXFP

i don't spend enough time watching this stuff to understand the joke, or even that it was a joke. i do see some aspects of the style i'd associate with certain cultures/producers of videos like this. so in that context, it's a decent imitation to my untrained and mostly uninterested eyes.

i just got off work, so yeah i smiled a bit. stupid stuff that isn't work = smile. not a hard customer.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

I think a better way to poll this is to ask.. "For those that UNDERSTAND this video, who thinks its funny?"
    You can see that most people that watched it don't even understand it. This isn't because most people on here are "stupid" ... they just don't make the cultural connection.
    Probably, but that would also drastically reduce the already-small sample size.

ISFP. Seemed like there was an aspect I shouldn't laugh at. Lacked any cohesiveness. Something about it bugged me. Didn't like the music.

garbage

so which mbti type is most prone to """get""" humor that relies on something that's so insanely oddly specific as Turkish racism videos

edit: I meant slavic I guess

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

There really was nothing to get. There is no hidden message that takes many "turns of the mind" to figure out, nor any kind of criticism or political message contained in this "satire." It's purely just a bunch of absurd things strung together collectively to make one long, unfunny video. It's not even as funny in terms of sheer absurdity as "all your base are belong to us."
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sx

I haven't read any other responses yet.

No. It felt like "trying too hard" to be absurd, which is capital "U" unfunny to me, unless I just didn't get the point, if there was one.

Probably ISFP.