First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Perch420 View Post
    I already posted this, but I think there is a way to order humor in a hierarchy with the humor that requires the least mental gymnastics to "get" at the bottom and the humor that requires the most at the top. The onion is higher on the pyramid than most humor, but the video in the OP is at the very tip. The author of the video, CBoyardee, has other videos of a similar vein. Try watching this and maybe you'll have a different reaction: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2l34-tMSFoE

It's not based on any "memes". Memes and 4chan humor are at the very bottom at the hierarchy, in between carlos mencia and lolcats.
    You must be a troll.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

garbage

OH, NOW I get it. hahahaaahaha! that's pretty funny good job op gj makin that video

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

To say that video sucks is a gross understatement.

At 2:09, I did get a smile on my face though.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII

INTJ, and no I didn't find it funny.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

The main problem here is that, according to the OP, the video is supposed to be a parody of a certain type of youtube clips. However, most members here, including myself, were not able to tell that it was a parody. It was mad, but not mad enough to be a recognizable satire, because anything is possible on youtube. So if you watch it without any context, it is just that, a clumsy nonsense video, apparently made by a crazy Serbian nationalist. There was nothing funny about a bad video to most members, unless you have a personal preference for laughing at other people's ineptness.

Knowing that this was supposed to be a parody, the question now is: Does that change anything? If it is satire, what exactly was it supposed to reveal or attack? Nationalist clips on youtube? That is too easy a target to be worthy of a parody and it is hard to tell the fake from the real on youtube, which is probably why most didn't recognize it as such. So if it was supposed to make people recognize the spoof and laugh at the real videos it refers to, it blatently failed (going by the reactions in this thread).

That leaves us with two possible explanations:
    1. The members are all too stupid.
    2. The video failed to achieve what it aimed for.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    esTJ
    Enneagram
    875 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESTx

I laughed for about fifteen seconds altogether at how absurd/nonsensical the text was, but the video was a waste of three minutes. So no, this ESTJ says "not funny".

However, my INFP BFF is sitting right beside me, and was like WTF ARE YOU WATCHING ... so I sent her the link, and I heard her saying it was "so bizzarre", "I'm confused", and "There's a chance I would have found it funny if it wasn't filled with racism". She laughed slightly more than I did, but I think it's still a dud.
    Murphy Brown: What is it with us? Why can't we take the easy road once in awhile?
    Avery Brown: Because it's boring and dishonest and uncomfortable, like wearing a pair of shoes all day that pinch your feet.

approx 55% ES, 90% TJ

MBTI
    INFP

Hahaha the music and random pictures made me laugh alot, although wasn't too happy about the racist comments.

but hey nothings perfect and was worth a laugh

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    The main problem here is that, according to the OP, the video is supposed to be a parody of a certain type of youtube clips. However, most members here, including myself, were not able to tell that it was a parody. It was mad, but not mad enough to be a recognizable satire, because anything is possible on youtube. So if you watch it without any context, it is just that, a clumsy nonsense video, apparently made by a crazy Serbian nationalist. There was nothing funny about a bad video to most members, unless you have a personal preference for laughing at other people's ineptness.
    Oh, so you DO understand me.

It's the same reason I could laugh at the TV show "Scarred," where crazy SFP types crashed their skateboards and bikes while trying ridiculously unsafe stunts and somehow lived to tell about it... and sometimes go back to trying it all over again. (although I think there was far more talent in the show.)

I posted my more thorough-analysis in the NT version of the thread. It looks like I was the only INTP who thought it was funny on some level.

@OP: I understand why you had one thread here and one polled thread in the NT section.... but we're not going to keep doing this, in case you have plans to repeat this experiment ad nasuem. One thread per topic, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    INTP. Smirked, then closed 25 seconds later. I now have an inexplicable urge to purge these lands of every living creature in a 20 mile radius. I hope you can be content with having that blood on your hands.
    Well, I definitely thought THIS was funny!

PS. Crap, INTPc is still down, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by sui generis
    However, my INFP BFF is sitting right beside me, and was like WTF ARE YOU WATCHING ... so I sent her the link, and I heard her saying it was "so bizzarre", "I'm confused", and "There's a chance I would have found it funny if it wasn't filled with racism". She laughed slightly more than I did, but I think it's still a dud.
    Sounds like "NP" for the win, but F values got in the way. Any inherent racism only made it funnier... not because I think racism is cool in the least, but it made the whole video even more over-the-top and ridiculous.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Perch420 View Post
    Here's a video and you have to answer whether or not you found it funny as well as your MBTI type. This is an experiment by me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W81-Qo83NBk
    After watching the vid a 2nd time, and reading through some of your responces.. I have a better idea of where your going with this. Sure, certain people might find it funny. I couldn't. I live in midwest USA and don't spend anytime at all watching Nationalist videos, nor do I understand much about these particular cultures. Someone that is more accustomed to the cultures might find it really funny. Personally, I do enjoy edgy, innapropriate, dark comedy. I LOVE Doug Stanhope. He can be pretty of the wall with his "myspace pedofiles vid" "abortion vid" etc.
    I think your elitist mental gymnastics pyramid idea is hilarious! Do you really think "intelligence" can be correlated to this pyramid? What kind of intelligence are you referring to? Bottom line, I hate to see someone put something like this up.. only to get blasted with criticism. But I I guess that doesn't bother you much, or you would have a more closely considered your audience here.
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

MBTI
    NiTi
    Enneagram
    5w1

Quote Originally Posted by Ocky View Post
    Hahaha the music and random pictures made me laugh alot, although wasn't too happy about the racist comments.

but hey nothings perfect and was worth a laugh
    What racist comments? Do you realize it's a parody of Yugoslavian racism? That's like saying Dave Chappelle is a racist because he says "nigger" when in-character as a racist. What you're saying doesn't make any sense.