• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do you find this video funny? (Experimental MBTI test.)

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I already posted this, but I think there is a way to order humor in a hierarchy with the humor that requires the least mental gymnastics to "get" at the bottom and the humor that requires the most at the top. The onion is higher on the pyramid than most humor, but the video in the OP is at the very tip. The author of the video, CBoyardee, has other videos of a similar vein. Try watching this and maybe you'll have a different reaction: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2l34-tMSFoE

It's not based on any "memes". Memes and 4chan humor are at the very bottom at the hierarchy, in between carlos mencia and lolcats.

You must be a troll.

G

garbage

OH, NOW I get it. hahahaaahaha! that's pretty funny good job op gj makin that video

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
To say that video sucks is a gross understatement.

At 2:09, I did get a smile on my face though.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The main problem here is that, according to the OP, the video is supposed to be a parody of a certain type of youtube clips. However, most members here, including myself, were not able to tell that it was a parody. It was mad, but not mad enough to be a recognizable satire, because anything is possible on youtube. So if you watch it without any context, it is just that, a clumsy nonsense video, apparently made by a crazy Serbian nationalist. There was nothing funny about a bad video to most members, unless you have a personal preference for laughing at other people's ineptness.

Knowing that this was supposed to be a parody, the question now is: Does that change anything? If it is satire, what exactly was it supposed to reveal or attack? Nationalist clips on youtube? That is too easy a target to be worthy of a parody and it is hard to tell the fake from the real on youtube, which is probably why most didn't recognize it as such. So if it was supposed to make people recognize the spoof and laugh at the real videos it refers to, it blatently failed (going by the reactions in this thread).

That leaves us with two possible explanations:
1. The members are all too stupid.
2. The video failed to achieve what it aimed for.

sui generis

don't fence me in
MBTI Type
esTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I laughed for about fifteen seconds altogether at how absurd/nonsensical the text was, but the video was a waste of three minutes. So no, this ESTJ says "not funny". :thumbdown:

However, my INFP BFF is sitting right beside me, and was like WTF ARE YOU WATCHING :laugh:... so I sent her the link, and I heard her saying it was "so bizzarre", "I'm confused", and "There's a chance I would have found it funny if it wasn't filled with racism". She laughed slightly more than I did, but I think it's still a dud. :thumbdown:

Ocky

MBTI Type
INFP
Hahaha the music and random pictures made me laugh alot, although wasn't too happy about the racist comments.

but hey nothings perfect and was worth a laugh

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The main problem here is that, according to the OP, the video is supposed to be a parody of a certain type of youtube clips. However, most members here, including myself, were not able to tell that it was a parody. It was mad, but not mad enough to be a recognizable satire, because anything is possible on youtube. So if you watch it without any context, it is just that, a clumsy nonsense video, apparently made by a crazy Serbian nationalist. There was nothing funny about a bad video to most members, unless you have a personal preference for laughing at other people's ineptness.

Oh, so you DO understand me. :D

It's the same reason I could laugh at the TV show "Scarred," where crazy SFP types crashed their skateboards and bikes while trying ridiculously unsafe stunts and somehow lived to tell about it... and sometimes go back to trying it all over again. (although I think there was far more talent in the show.)

I posted my more thorough-analysis in the NT version of the thread. It looks like I was the only INTP who thought it was funny on some level.

@OP: I understand why you had one thread here and one polled thread in the NT section.... but we're not going to keep doing this, in case you have plans to repeat this experiment ad nasuem. One thread per topic, please.

INTP. Smirked, then closed 25 seconds later. I now have an inexplicable urge to purge these lands of every living creature in a 20 mile radius. I hope you can be content with having that blood on your hands.

Well, I definitely thought THIS was funny!

PS. Crap, INTPc is still down, huh?

sui generis said:
However, my INFP BFF is sitting right beside me, and was like WTF ARE YOU WATCHING ... so I sent her the link, and I heard her saying it was "so bizzarre", "I'm confused", and "There's a chance I would have found it funny if it wasn't filled with racism". She laughed slightly more than I did, but I think it's still a dud.

Sounds like "NP" for the win, but F values got in the way. Any inherent racism only made it funnier... not because I think racism is cool in the least, but it made the whole video even more over-the-top and ridiculous.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Here's a video and you have to answer whether or not you found it funny as well as your MBTI type. This is an experiment by me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W81-Qo83NBk

After watching the vid a 2nd time, and reading through some of your responces.. I have a better idea of where your going with this. Sure, certain people might find it funny. I couldn't. I live in midwest USA and don't spend anytime at all watching Nationalist videos, nor do I understand much about these particular cultures. Someone that is more accustomed to the cultures might find it really funny. Personally, I do enjoy edgy, innapropriate, dark comedy. I LOVE Doug Stanhope. He can be pretty of the wall with his "myspace pedofiles vid" "abortion vid" etc.
I think your elitist mental gymnastics pyramid idea is hilarious! Do you really think "intelligence" can be correlated to this pyramid? What kind of intelligence are you referring to? Bottom line, I hate to see someone put something like this up.. only to get blasted with criticism. But I I guess that doesn't bother you much, or you would have a more closely considered your audience here.

Perch420

MBTI Type
NiTi
Enneagram
5w1
Hahaha the music and random pictures made me laugh alot, although wasn't too happy about the racist comments.

but hey nothings perfect and was worth a laugh

What racist comments? Do you realize it's a parody of Yugoslavian racism? That's like saying Dave Chappelle is a racist because he says "nigger" when in-character as a racist. What you're saying doesn't make any sense.

Perch420

MBTI Type
NiTi
Enneagram
5w1
After watching the vid a 2nd time, and reading through some of your responces.. I have a better idea of where your going with this. Sure, certain people might find it funny. I couldn't. I live in midwest USA and don't spend anytime at all watching Nationalist videos, nor do I understand much about these particular cultures. Someone that is more accustomed to the cultures might find it really funny. Personally, I do enjoy edgy, innapropriate, dark comedy. I LOVE Doug Stanhope. He can be pretty of the wall with his "myspace pedofiles vid" "abortion vid" etc.
I think your elitist mental gymnastics pyramid idea is hilarious! Do you really think "intelligence" can be correlated to this pyramid? What kind of intelligence are you referring to? Bottom line, I hate to see someone put something like this up.. only to get blasted with criticism. But I I guess that doesn't bother you much, or you would have a more closely considered your audience here.

I haven't seen a single Yugoslavian nationalist video, but I still found it funny and knew it was a parody, not a genuine racist video.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Huxley3112 said:

The whole thing is very meta to me.
The "intelligence pyramid" and such "meta-ing" of such a banal video only makes me laugh even harder.

What racist comments? Do you realize it's a parody of Yugoslavian racism? That's like saying Dave Chappelle is a racist because he says "nigger" when in-character as a racist. What you're saying doesn't make any sense.

That's because the response was focused on the tangible cues that are usually associated with racism, without considering the context and who was making the remarks. Context changes everything.

When someone within the group skewers it so pointedly and over the top, it's funny due to the obviously meant irony.

I think one problem here is that westerners had no social subtext by which to recognize the inherent juxtaposition... so it fell under Poe's Law and came off as straight and thus dumb/bigoted. The "clue" that i had that it was fake was that the language/vocabulary was SUCH an over-the-top caricature, I suspected it wasn't serious... but I had no knowledge of Serbian national subtext by which to confirm that.

Perch420

MBTI Type
NiTi
Enneagram
5w1

The pyramid has nothing to do with how funny something is (subjective) or how intelligent someone has to be to "get" it. There are plenty of intelligent people who don't "get" jazz. Does this mean they're stupid? No. Doug Stanhope is hilarious but he isn't at the top of the pyramid (although certainly higher than most). It orders humor in order of how much mental gymnastics you have to do to "get" it. That's all. If I post a video of a guy taking a shit, that would be at the very bottom because there's zero mental gymnastics you have to make to "get" it; it's a guy taking a shit.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I haven't seen a single Yugoslavian nationalist video, but I still found it funny and knew it was a parody, not a genuine racist video.

I think a better way to poll this is to ask.. "For those that UNDERSTAND this video, who thinks its funny?"
You can see that most people that watched it don't even understand it. This isn't because most people on here are "stupid" ... they just don't make the cultural connection.

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
i don't spend enough time watching this stuff to understand the joke, or even that it was a joke. i do see some aspects of the style i'd associate with certain cultures/producers of videos like this. so in that context, it's a decent imitation to my untrained and mostly uninterested eyes.

i just got off work, so yeah i smiled a bit. stupid stuff that isn't work = smile. not a hard customer.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think a better way to poll this is to ask.. "For those that UNDERSTAND this video, who thinks its funny?"
You can see that most people that watched it don't even understand it. This isn't because most people on here are "stupid" ... they just don't make the cultural connection.

Probably, but that would also drastically reduce the already-small sample size.

wolfy

awsm
ISFP. Seemed like there was an aspect I shouldn't laugh at. Lacked any cohesiveness. Something about it bugged me. Didn't like the music.

G

garbage

so which mbti type is most prone to """get""" humor that relies on something that's so insanely oddly specific as Turkish racism videos

edit: I meant slavic I guess

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
There really was nothing to get. There is no hidden message that takes many "turns of the mind" to figure out, nor any kind of criticism or political message contained in this "satire." It's purely just a bunch of absurd things strung together collectively to make one long, unfunny video. It's not even as funny in terms of sheer absurdity as "all your base are belong to us."

Tabula

MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I haven't read any other responses yet.

No. It felt like "trying too hard" to be absurd, which is capital "U" unfunny to me, unless I just didn't get the point, if there was one.

Probably ISFP.