• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

NARTICUS

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
He wrote only ten posts.

They come when you sleep ;)

elfinchilde

a white iris
MBTI Type
type
wildcat playtime! best time of the day! :holy:

PMed you my answer; do not wish to spoil it for others. am not sure. let me know there? :)

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
He seemed like a good poster... but I guess I (and other people) were all too caught up in politics/anecdotes and such to notice him or his style of posts, so he left. :(

What I most didn't want on this forum, happened. And I barely even noticed anything except a dip in my energy levels (and daily posting average) that I disregarded as a mood swing. The groundwork is set now, and there's little to be done.

That must be why I'm lately so anxious every time someone tries to point out a social boundary here... even when it's justified. Because I didn't want to believe things had really come to this, but now I can't deny it. A few veterans like Uberfuhrer and BlueWing still being here was part of the facade that made me think it wasn't so.

For good or ill (possibly both), we really are coming to demand almost the same level of social accountability that they do in the real world... this is no longer primarily a psychology forum, but a social one, all the way across. The psychology is only tolerated as a topic over which to relate/connect, and not much more. Complex/serious discussions just aren't appreciated here, and while not yet condemned out right, they're frowned on. I guess all I can do is try to appreciate it...

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
He seemed like a good poster... but I guess I (and other people) were all too caught up in politics/anecdotes and such to notice him or his style of posts, so he left. :(

What I most didn't want on this forum, happened. And I barely even noticed anything except a dip in my energy levels (and daily posting average) that I disregarded as a mood swing. The groundwork is set now, and there's little to be done.

That must be why I'm lately so anxious every time someone tries to point out a social boundary here... even when it's justified. Because I didn't want to believe things had really come to this, but now I can't deny it. A few veterans like Uberfuhrer and BlueWing still being here was part of the facade that made me think it wasn't so.

For good or ill (possibly both), we really are coming to demand almost the same level of social accountability that they do in the real world... this is no longer primarily a psychology forum, but a social one, all the way across. The psychology is only tolerated as a topic over which to relate/connect, and not much more. Complex/serious discussions just aren't appreciated here, and while not yet condemned out right, they're frowned on. I guess all I can do is try to appreciate it...
An understatement.
He had a rare insight into the MBTI theory.

Does patience breed tolerance?
Does impatience breed intolerance?
Or vice versa?

A continuum has got two ends.
One subject.
An order is only about the subject of the order.

My post was not an accusation.
It was not the fault of anybody.

Recluse was the best poster. We did not pay attention.
When I discovered her, she had already left.

It is impossible to keep count on people who come and go.

Psychology is a social thing.
It is not the one or the other.

It is the one with the other.

elfinchilde

a white iris
MBTI Type
type
the order of the shadow

He wrote only ten posts.

A continuum has got two ends.

One subject.
An order is only about the subject of the order.

Will admit i got it wrong at the start.

Find Members List, user name, Narticus. As Wildcat said, he wrote only 10 posts. Therein the first point: a person. If you see his profile: INTJ.

"They come when you sleep."

When does one sleep? At night.

(that was where my first guess went wrong. I had thought Wildcat meant the member, Night.)

But this is under Temperament, Type, and Psychology. So it isn't so easy.

Read through Narticus' posts, especially: http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...013-shadow-function-prioritization-model.html

The real answer (wildcat, do confirm it?)--

Narticus was an INTJ. Some say Freud was, as well. Primary proponent of the id, ego, and superego. Of the conscious, and unconscious.

What comes at night, but dreams, where the unconscious, the shadow is revealed.

Therein the link that one has to make to solve this wildcat riddle.

Personality is, as per wildcat's 2nd post, a continuum. Because people are never either/or, but a continuum between two extremes.

eg, for an INTP, personality is not just INTP. We shade all the way (the continuum) from INTP to ESFJ, depending on situations of light or shadow (the conscious self vs the unconscious/stressed self).

That is the shadow of who we are.

Narticus had ordered the shadow functions, in his post. He had elucidated and extrapolated the continuum of the shadow functions from the seen functions.

Hence, "an order is only about the subject of the order".

(will admit i don't quite get narticus' mathematical explanation of his order though. :shock: )

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Will admit i got it wrong at the start.

Find Members List, user name, Narticus. As Wildcat said, he wrote only 10 posts. Therein the first point: a person. If you see his profile: INTJ.

"They come when you sleep."

When does one sleep? At night.

(that was where my first guess went wrong. I had thought Wildcat meant the member, Night.)

But this is under Temperament, Type, and Psychology. So it isn't so easy.

Read through Narticus' posts, especially: http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...013-shadow-function-prioritization-model.html

The real answer (wildcat, do confirm it?)--

Narticus was an INTJ. Some say Freud was, as well. Primary proponent of the id, ego, and superego. Of the conscious, and unconscious.

What comes at night, but dreams, where the unconscious, the shadow is revealed.

Therein the link that one has to make to solve this wildcat riddle.

Personality is, as per wildcat's 2nd post, a continuum. Because people are never either/or, but a continuum between two extremes.

eg, for an INTP, personality is not just INTP. We shade all the way (the continuum) from INTP to ESFJ, depending on situations of light or shadow (the conscious self vs the unconscious/stressed self).

Narticus had ordered the shadow functions, in his post. He had elucidated and extrapolated the continuum of the shadow functions from the seen functions.

(will admit i don't quite get narticus' mathematical explanation of his order though. :shock: )

Confirmed :hug:

heart

heart on fire

Any group will come down the bottomline measure of the inner works of those posting there. The only way to change this, if one thinks it should be changed, is to take action and post the kinds and level of topics you think should be posted and to nuture those kinds of discussions you think should be nutured along. The board is each individual coming together as a whole.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
He wrote only ten posts.

:doh: I'd somehow taken this to mean that sometimes things that you enjoy last for too short of a time, so you must enjoy what small good experience you had...

I guess interpretation is based on life experience :(

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz

That's what I was thinking of when I peered at Narticus' post on Shadow Functions. Though, a bit off point, I frequently dislike, as you may have noticed, when people stereoType. We all move along the spectrum of our Cognitive Processes as we develop as people, with our continued experiences and conditioning (and breaking out of them). Some people are better balanced, more evolved within their Types but we still have the capability of de-evolving when we become stressed, hoarding our Dominant CPs and when deeper stressed accessing our Shadow CPs negatively. If we are better evolved though, we can quicker recogise our Shadow. Self-awareness will return us into the Light so that we can better consciously use the full gamut of our CPs, depending on how far we've advanced/balanced them. Ah, the sounds we could make when using all our notes! Eee, I feel so romantic!

Eflie, you thought Night, hmm? keke Well, you could say, he comes to cast Light (conciousness) when others aren't viewing where their Shadow begins (the unconscious root/s) but where it extends as they chase after it (furthering into darkness as the shadow spreads). Or something like that! He's an interesting person, regardless! :D

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
:doh: I'd somehow taken this to mean that sometimes things that you enjoy last for too short of a time, so you must enjoy what small good experience you had...

I guess interpretation is based on life experience :(
Yes. And you are perfectly right. So is Elfinchilde.
Sometimes a thing you enjoy lasts too short a time. So you must enjoy what little experience you have.

So did Giorgio Bassani enjoy his Micol, a Jewish girl, in Ferrara on the Po di Volano, under the time of Mussolini.

Incidentally, Il Gattopardo had never seen daylight had it not been for Giorgio Bassani.

Giorgio and Micol had grown up in Ferrara, in Emilia Romagna, north of Bologna. Vittorio De Sica made Ferrara famous with his film Il Giardino dei Finzi-Contini, based on the Bassani series of books of the war time events in Ferrara.
Micol and all her family were captured by the Nazis. They died in a German concentration camp.

If an Italian emigrated to America, he was sometimes given the name of his native town in America.
Vito Andolini became Vito Corleone in the Mario Puzo novel The Godfather.

An Immigrant, a Ferrara, settled in the Bronx. He begot a son, Abel.
Abel Ferrara became a movie director and in 1993 he directed the film Body Snatchers.

In the film, plant-like pods take over human bodies. They are the body snatchers. Aliens of course.

A little boy saw his mother fall asleep and subsequently be taken over by an alien.
He said: They come when you sleep.
I kind of liked that phrase.
And I have used it sometimes in diverse meanings.
It is something that sticks in the mind.

They come when you sleep.

narticus

MBTI Type
INTJ
Do you think you can put a little more pressure on my 11th post?!

Would there be too many groans if I say that I have been lurking in the shadows?

That would be Ti, Ne, Si, and Fi for those of you keeping score at home.

Ten posts and I get my own thread? Please don't feed the ego. I don't want to turn into an INTP ;) .

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Would there be too many groans if I say that I have been lurking in the shadows?

Ten posts and I get my own thread? Please don't feed the ego. I don't want to turn into an INTP ;) .

11 posts now! :alttongue:

Speaking of your prioritization model, I believe I pmed you my data long ago. How far along that have you gotten. Or mayhaps you're a pretender J like me who start stuff and ran out of time? ;)

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz

Speaking of your prioritization model, I believe I pmed you my data long ago. How far along that have you gotten. Or mayhaps you're a pretender J like me who start stuff and ran out of time? ;)

Oooh, J-burn! And to an INTJ?! Brave lil-mousie! :peepwall:

narticus

MBTI Type
INTJ

I got a whopping two responses (maybe the math scared people away even though I was the one crunching the numbers?), hardly enough data to do any deeper analysis. Thanks, though, for being one of the two!

I like that term ("pretender J," especially since it starts with 'p') - though I'm an odd variant. I rarely leave things unfinished forever, but my inability to block out distractions (i.e. other topics I must learn everything about now) causes long delays. I've left projects sitting unfinished for months (even years), only to have some unanticipated event inspire me to return and finish.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
I got a whopping two responses (maybe the math scared people away even though I was the one crunching the numbers?), hardly enough data to do any deeper analysis. Thanks, though, for being one of the two!

I like that term ("pretender J," especially since it starts with 'p') - though I'm an odd variant. I rarely leave things unfinished forever, but my inability to block out distractions (i.e. other topics I must learn everything about now) causes long delays. I've left projects sitting unfinished for months (even years), only to have some unanticipated event inspire me to return and finish.

Did you look at the two threads Jennifer posted? There's a ton of data there... At least 200 samples. A tad heavy on the Ns but plenty to work with. Actually even thinking about going through them gives me a headache.

Tell me about unfinished projects... I have a stack of them myself. :blush:

DD: I'm the insane fearless mouse remember? INTJs? Pah!

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
Tell me about unfinished projects... I have a stack of them myself. :blush:

I know me too! But I am exactly as Narticus said:

INTJs and INFJs are twin CP cousins! We can be similar like that and more! :D

DD: I'm the insane fearless mouse remember? INTJs? Pah!

I don't fear to know and there is no fear to not know! I live with a lil'INTJ. :devil:

narticus

MBTI Type
INTJ
Did you look at the two threads Jennifer posted? There's a ton of data there... At least 200 samples. A tad heavy on the Ns but plenty to work with.

Consider your post the unanticipated inspiration, just as soon as I find the time to jump start the project.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

No, I'm relieved you didn't get bored with this board and leave. ;)

Yes, they alternate between arrogance/vanity and being really down on themselves... it's like being manic depressive, only worse. Glad I'm an INFJ. :yes:

Anyway, I found your post interesting, although I've seen similar ones in the past. Everyone sees an idea slightly differently.