User Tag List

First 123 Last

Thread: NARTICUS

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I'd somehow taken this to mean that sometimes things that you enjoy last for too short of a time, so you must enjoy what small good experience you had...

I guess interpretation is based on life experience
    Yes. And you are perfectly right. So is Elfinchilde.
    Sometimes a thing you enjoy lasts too short a time. So you must enjoy what little experience you have.

So did Giorgio Bassani enjoy his Micol, a Jewish girl, in Ferrara on the Po di Volano, under the time of Mussolini.

Incidentally, Il Gattopardo had never seen daylight had it not been for Giorgio Bassani.

Giorgio and Micol had grown up in Ferrara, in Emilia Romagna, north of Bologna. Vittorio De Sica made Ferrara famous with his film Il Giardino dei Finzi-Contini, based on the Bassani series of books of the war time events in Ferrara.
    Micol and all her family were captured by the Nazis. They died in a German concentration camp.

If an Italian emigrated to America, he was sometimes given the name of his native town in America.
    Vito Andolini became Vito Corleone in the Mario Puzo novel The Godfather.

An Immigrant, a Ferrara, settled in the Bronx. He begot a son, Abel.
    Abel Ferrara became a movie director and in 1993 he directed the film Body Snatchers.

In the film, plant-like pods take over human bodies. They are the body snatchers. Aliens of course.

A little boy saw his mother fall asleep and subsequently be taken over by an alien.
    He said: They come when you sleep.
    I kind of liked that phrase.
    And I have used it sometimes in diverse meanings.
    It is something that sticks in the mind.

They come when you sleep.

MBTI
    INTJ

Default Do you think you can put a little more pressure on my 11th post?!

Would there be too many groans if I say that I have been lurking in the shadows?

That would be Ti, Ne, Si, and Fi for those of you keeping score at home.

Ten posts and I get my own thread? Please don't feed the ego. I don't want to turn into an INTP .

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by narticus View Post
    Would there be too many groans if I say that I have been lurking in the shadows?

Ten posts and I get my own thread? Please don't feed the ego. I don't want to turn into an INTP .
    11 posts now!

Speaking of your prioritization model, I believe I pmed you my data long ago. How far along that have you gotten. Or mayhaps you're a pretender J like me who start stuff and ran out of time?

MBTI
    Zzzz

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    11 posts now!

Speaking of your prioritization model, I believe I pmed you my data long ago. How far along that have you gotten. Or mayhaps you're a pretender J like me who start stuff and ran out of time?
    Oooh, J-burn! And to an INTJ?! Brave lil-mousie!

MBTI
    INTJ

11 posts now!

I got a whopping two responses (maybe the math scared people away even though I was the one crunching the numbers?), hardly enough data to do any deeper analysis. Thanks, though, for being one of the two!

I like that term ("pretender J," especially since it starts with 'p') - though I'm an odd variant. I rarely leave things unfinished forever, but my inability to block out distractions (i.e. other topics I must learn everything about now) causes long delays. I've left projects sitting unfinished for months (even years), only to have some unanticipated event inspire me to return and finish.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

I got a whopping two responses (maybe the math scared people away even though I was the one crunching the numbers?), hardly enough data to do any deeper analysis. Thanks, though, for being one of the two!

I like that term ("pretender J," especially since it starts with 'p') - though I'm an odd variant. I rarely leave things unfinished forever, but my inability to block out distractions (i.e. other topics I must learn everything about now) causes long delays. I've left projects sitting unfinished for months (even years), only to have some unanticipated event inspire me to return and finish.
    Did you look at the two threads Jennifer posted? There's a ton of data there... At least 200 samples. A tad heavy on the Ns but plenty to work with. Actually even thinking about going through them gives me a headache.

Tell me about unfinished projects... I have a stack of them myself.

DD: I'm the insane fearless mouse remember? INTJs? Pah!

MBTI
    type

lol. the lady elf greets Narticus.
    You gave me hyacinths first a year ago;
    They called me the hyacinth girl.
    Yet when we came back, late, from the Hyacinth garden,
    Your arms full, and your hair wet, I could not
    Speak, and my eyes failed, I was neither
    Living nor dead, and I knew nothing,
    Looking into the heart of light, the silence.

--T.S Eliot, The Wasteland

MBTI
    Zzzz

Tell me about unfinished projects... I have a stack of them myself.
    I know me too! But I am exactly as Narticus said:
    INTJs and INFJs are twin CP cousins! We can be similar like that and more!

DD: I'm the insane fearless mouse remember? INTJs? Pah!
    I don't fear to know and there is no fear to not know! I live with a lil'INTJ.

MBTI
    INTJ

Did you look at the two threads Jennifer posted? There's a ton of data there... At least 200 samples. A tad heavy on the Ns but plenty to work with.
    Consider your post the unanticipated inspiration, just as soon as I find the time to jump start the project.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

No, I'm relieved you didn't get bored with this board and leave.

Yes, they alternate between arrogance/vanity and being really down on themselves... it's like being manic depressive, only worse. Glad I'm an INFJ.

Anyway, I found your post interesting, although I've seen similar ones in the past. Everyone sees an idea slightly differently.