• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

We need more inquiries into the popularity of the forum members, because..

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
I do think that some people visit forums like these a bit more for the hanging out/bantering/making friends/flirting aspects

Hi. You just described me. The irony, if this is the measure of one being "popular" on the forums, is that I don't spend anytime socializing with people outside of the internet. Which very much makes me 'unpopular' I suppose.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Couldn't a rep system backfire though? Like become abused for means of tolling or exclusion?

I mean I usually tell how popular a member is by several factors:

1. Post count
2. Time on the forums
3. Likability from others
4. Individual charisma
5. List of friends

lol

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Originally posted by Snuggletron
lol

Am I missing something here?

And on a related note, I just recently joined a forum (PersonalityNation) that uses a rep system, seems fine to me.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^Now I'm feeling like a super ditz since I wasn't even aware of any sarcasm, then again I'm already a ditz anyway.

Thanks for the hug :hug:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
a) ..I know whom I like, but I want to know whom other people like, so I can like them too. In addition, I stopped using diapers just recently.
b) ..I want to see if my recent social network tactics have succeeded. Also, I keep slices of my victim's livers inside my copy of Niccolo Machiavelli's The Prince.
c) ..in the end, popularity is really the thing that everything is really all about. Also, I think I am a bit slow because I have a big heart.
d) ..all this psuuh-koo-loh-zy is making my head hurt. Who wants to have cake?

I feel very stupid for asking this, but since I can't read your body language or listen to your speach inflection, I am unable to determine which if any of these points are meant are sarcasm

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I feel very stupid for asking this, but since I can't read your body language or listen to your speach inflection, I am unable to determine which if any of these points are meant are sarcasm

Ironically, I think Elfboy is being sarcastic.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ironically, I think Elfboy is being sarcastic.

lol. I'm not, but I would feel like a dumbass if he was being sarcastic and I didn't know it

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5

All of them.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
now I really feel like a dumbass. lol I posted directly from the original post without reading the most recent posts....which were about the very question I was asking :doh:

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Lol, whatever - u whine all the time about how "some forum members" are "so annoying" and "not nice" and "not fun" etc.

Regular whiner meets another.