User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram

Default What type is most prone to shyness?

Of the 16 types, which ones do you think are most likely to have shy people? I've heard theories that the combination of introvert and feeling affect it a lot, but I would like to know what you think too I'm really shy and I hate it. I've tried becoming confident and outgoing but I feel super uncomfortable and just can't do it! Shyness and social anxiety are horrible things though... living with them everyday only makes you feel like you don't fit in and leads to sadness Okay I'm getting off-topic here lol But anyway, ^^ it's quite a thought-provoking question!

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

An introverted type. Other than that, I don't know. I've encountered painfully shy people of all 8 introvert types. I've heard that IXFPs are prone to shyness, probably because as dominant Fi types they are highly sensitive and hold their feelings within more. I've also heard dominant Ti types being shy because they have poorly developed Fe. Thus they may be behind on social development and not as apt to reach out to others. Maybe IxFJ types have a little bit of an advantage over other introverts because they do have auxilary Fe but I know painfully shy ISFJs and INFJs.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

ENTJ?
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

If I had to say any one type that's most prone to shyness, I would say it's INFP. Although, I think shyness can be prevalent equally in all the types, as I'm an ENFP, but extremely shy around those who aren't my immediate family/strangers on the net.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    If I had to say any one type that's most prone to shyness, I would say it's INFP. Although, I think shyness can be prevalent equally in all the types, as I'm an ENFP, but extremely shy around those who aren't my immediate family/strangers on the net.
    I'm ENFP and not shy at all lol. especially around people whom most people are more prone to be shy around. for instance, I'm much more likely to talk to people who are exceedingly well dressed and appear to be powerful.

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    Maybe IxFJ types have a little bit of an advantage over other introverts because they do have auxilary Fe but I know painfully shy ISFJs and INFJs.
    On the other hand, the whole Fe thing could also make them afraid of humiliation and/or social rejection, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    That's funny... I've often heard INFPs care very little about social mores and other people's perception of them due to Fi, like, "You can't handle my worst, you don't deserve my best". Do you suppose I'm missing something here?

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    On the other hand, the whole Fe thing could also make them afraid of humiliation and/or social rejection, no?
    Yes. The painfully shy IXFJs are usually shy for this very reason.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Originally posted by Elfboy
    I'm ENFP and not shy at all lol. especially around people whom most people are more prone to be shy around. for instance, I'm much more likely to talk to people who are exceedingly well dressed and appear to be powerful.
    Well I didn't mean ENFP's were the most shy (your definitely not ) just that some (like me ) are painfully shy, but really it al depends on the individual.

Originally posted by Viridian
    That's funny... I've often heard INFPs care very little about social mores and other people's perception of them due to Fi, like, "You can't handle my worst, you don't deserve my best". Do you suppose I'm missing something here?
    Your not really missing anything here, my assertion was more or less my opinion in the matter.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Low dopamine makes people shy.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Originaly posted by nebbykoo
    Low dopamine makes people shy.
    Really? If true, is there stuff that can increase dopamine levels, cause I need that post haste.