User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Shyness? INFP. I don't think they're necessarily the least likely to actually talk to people though. That's probably INTJ.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

I think everyone has times when they don't feel like talking or would prefer to be quiet.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

People wont believe this, but when im introduced to new groups in real life it can take me a long time to open up and actually start talking.

I once went on the Princes Trust course and I didn't speak to anyone beyond simple "yes" "no" "sure" when asked for about 2-3 weeks.

Of course once I started talking they were thinking: "aww fuck what have we opened up here?!"
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    845 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Well...just to shed some insight from an INFJ perspective.

I'm actually NOT that shy when it comes to strangers; I'm more likely to approach someone who looks like they need help, and engage cashiers in conversation xD;

But when it comes to someone who I...think is attractive? I immediately get shy. I feel like I'm unable to approach them without them thinking I'm stalking them or something...

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I'm not sure shyness has anything to do with type. A person who may seem shy may just be introverted. And an extrovert can be shy because they have social anxiety.

I was shy as a child around strangers; however as an adult I sometimes simply actively do not want people around me.

I have mistakenly thought someone was shy because they were passive and indirect, but even those qualities don't necessarily indicate shyness, and in fact can apparently be a trait of someone who just expects you to read their mind and know psychically what they do or do not want. How annoying, too, to be confronted finally by such a person, when all they had to do was be direct to begin with, and if they aren't shy, then why be so indirect? Grr.

Yeah, anyway, I think shyness is a mild form of social anxiety, and has nothing to do with introversion or type.

F CK all I need is U ilikeitlikethat's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so

I'm kinda shy, I am shy, that's it, I am shy. - With girls.

The fact that I do the things I've done and do, like.... This, and ask girls out and all of that... Just shows I'm one brave egotisical f*cker. but... I am shy, it's KIND of like.... Jumping out of a plane to go sky diving to cure your fear of heights... plus it's fun too.

So, can I just say INTP? - rhetorical question.

And I'm not even talking about guitar, I really do just mean meeting girls; Offline. Used to go out drinking in my wild youth, that was cool, but when I'm sober, I'm a shy mofo.

MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram

I'd say INFP, followed by INTJ, then INFJ. INFPs are most likely of all the types to be in their own world. INTJs and INFJs are equally shy but INFJs are quicker to open up due to their fascination for people and need for connection.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    Really? If true, is there stuff that can increase dopamine levels, cause I need that post haste.
    wait what you went from an enfp to an intj??
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    wait what you went from an enfp to an intj??
    Yes; thought I was Ne dom (with Fi and Te following), recently realized that I'm Ni dom (with Fi and Te following in the same way).

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

But but do you feeeeel like an enfp or an intj

They're so totally different. It can't simply be a fault of not understanding functions... Can it?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison