First 678910 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    I think the bolded was your trigger. You suspected spin, that something was amiss. What was that something?
    I think the "spin" comment might have been an observation after the fact but you are right, I did get an initial impression that he was not being honest in representing himself. I selected his resume - I OKed the interview. However, upon meeting him, I was a bit suspicious off the bat. Something seemed off. He looked 45 years old but according to his resume, he would be in his early 30s. Dates were missing. The combination of skills/words seemed too good to be true. He comes from a culture where I hate to say it, but there is tendency I have noticed having looked at a LOT of resumes, for people to exaggerate their credentials. When he answered questions, he would repeat back the generic words on his resume but refused to go into any detail behind them. There is one question I asked - he provided an obvious rehearsed response to a different question than the one I had asked. I thanked him for a wonderful story/great example but brought it back to the context of the original question and asked him how it related. It didn't. Then I gave him a chance to provide another example which he ultimately did. He kept saying my name (technique used by salesmen) and he kept referring to his "client service" skills (I'm in a client service business). He had a great example about reCaptcha which of course, I asked him to dive into details on. He didn't seem to know anything. This happened at least 5 or 6 times during the interview. I'd be curious and interested about his experience. I'd ask him to tell me more. He couldn't. So, my initial intuition was to probe on his experience. As I began to do that and it wasn't falling into place, I kept going until there was absolutely no doubt that he was 1) exaggerating his skills and experience and/or 2) extremely poor at communicating what he had done.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

I doubt that there are alot of
    1.clear signs that the person is skilled in using Ni.
    2.signs that are pointing only on Ni.

However if you can spot a number of the following traits you are probably dealing with INJ (in my opinion)

1. The persons view of the concepts "past, present, future" is a little bit blurry.

2. Person is not showing any clear signs of bodylanguage, so instead it looks more like a statue most of the time. But it tends to walk faster than most people.

3. You say "This food tastes like crap" and the person replys with "But it is healthy and that is all that counts".

4. The person can pass next to the three cars that smashed into each other and not notice them.

5. The person is willing to challange the teacher. But not only on factual but also on methodological basis. Arguing that his kind of education system is leading us into economic and cultural collapse in incoming decades.

6. The person likes to end other people's sentences.

7. The person likes to think about things like: genocide, the end of love, political incorrectness , pointlessness of life , ..... etc. However the person talks about these subjects very calmly and analitically.

8. The person is asking you question that have nothing to do with where you are or what you are doing.

9. The person prefers dark or gray clothing.

10. The person's skill to recognize how a group that is bigger from 50 people should be organized is clearly above average.

11. The person has calculated how much money can he or she earn in its life-time if varoius events/scenarios occur. So no matter what happens person remains calm since he/she belives that it has seen all of it.

12. The person thinks that the "trial and error" approach is bad approach in almost all cases.

13. The person is often seen as scary or mystical by its environment.

14. The person often just says his/her judgement and what should be done about event X.

15. The person likes to redefine things and definitions.

16. The person is energized by complexity. (especially if the planning is involved)

17. The person remains self-confidant or at least mostly self-confidant even if there is no obversable reasons to feel like that.

18. The person likes sarcasm.

19. The person has a hard time remembering the strict line of 10 body moves and is gererally clumsy.

20. The person really likes to have the "last laught".

So if you see most of these traits pretty often in some person you are probably dealing with Ni-dom or at least Ni-aux. (But ok, this list is probably a little bit Te biased)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    1. The persons view of the concepts "past, present, future" is a little bit blurry.

2. Person is not showing any clear signs of bodylanguage, so instead it looks more like a statue most of the time. But it tends to walk faster than most people.

3. You say "This food tastes like crap" and the person replys with "But it is healthy and that is all that counts".

4. The person can pass next to the three cars that smashed into each other and not notice them.

5. The person is willing to challange the teacher. But not only on factual but also on methodological basis. Arguing that his kind of education system is leading us into economic and cultural collapse in incoming decades.

6. The person likes to end other people's sentences.

7. The person likes to think about things like: genocide, the end of love, political incorrectness , pointlessness of life , ..... etc. However the person talks about these subjects very calmly and analitically.

8. The person is asking you question that have nothing to do with where you are or what you are doing.

9. The person prefers dark or gray clothing.

10. The person's skill to recognize how a group that is bigger from 50 people should be organized is clearly above average.

11. The person has calculated how much money can he or she earn in its life-time if varoius events/scenarios occur.
    So no matter what happens person remains calm since he/she belives that it has seen all of it.

12. The person thinks that the "trial and error" approach is bad approach in almost all cases.

13. The person is often seen as scary or mystical by its environment.

14. The person often just says his/her judgement and what should be done about event X.

15. The person likes to redefine things and definitions.

16. The person is energized by complexity. (especially if the planning is involved)

17. The person remains self-confidant or at least mostly self-confidant even if there is no obversable reasons to feel like that.

18. The person likes sarcasm.

19. The person has a hard time remembering the strict line of 10 body moves and is gererally clumsy.

20. The person really likes to have the "last laught".
    I agree with the bolded ones... but the others are not me.

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I agree with the bolded ones... but the others are not me.
    Well as I said the list is probably Te biased since my Ni and Te are quite merged and it is hard to make a super clear border between them.
    However it looks to me that the only thing you trully don't relate here is so called arrogance of Te.

You try to determine someone's type and conclude which functions they must be using. If you type them NJ, you suddenly pick up Ni.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

This thread has now gone waaaaaay beyond me, folks, but it's very interesting to read. Keep them coming!
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    You try to determine someone's type and conclude which functions they must be using. If you type them NJ, you suddenly pick up Ni.
    That must be why I "suddenly" picked up Ni in an ISTP last year.

MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    No, not really. But we get that you are deeply infatuated in love.
    Nice to meet you too

I'd say something rude or sarcastic, but I don't want to be counter-phobik.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    That must be why I "suddenly" picked up Ni in an ISTP last year.

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I think the "spin" comment might have been an observation after the fact but you are right, I did get an initial impression that he was not being honest in representing himself. I selected his resume - I OKed the interview. However, upon meeting him, I was a bit suspicious off the bat. Something seemed off. He looked 45 years old but according to his resume, he would be in his early 30s. Dates were missing. The combination of skills/words seemed too good to be true. He comes from a culture where I hate to say it, but there is tendency I have noticed having looked at a LOT of resumes, for people to exaggerate their credentials. When he answered questions, he would repeat back the generic words on his resume but refused to go into any detail behind them. There is one question I asked - he provided an obvious rehearsed response to a different question than the one I had asked. I thanked him for a wonderful story/great example but brought it back to the context of the original question and asked him how it related. It didn't. Then I gave him a chance to provide another example which he ultimately did. He kept saying my name (technique used by salesmen) and he kept referring to his "client service" skills (I'm in a client service business). He had a great example about reCaptcha which of course, I asked him to dive into details on. He didn't seem to know anything. This happened at least 5 or 6 times during the interview. I'd be curious and interested about his experience. I'd ask him to tell me more. He couldn't. So, my initial intuition was to probe on his experience. As I began to do that and it wasn't falling into place, I kept going until there was absolutely no doubt that he was 1) exaggerating his skills and experience and/or 2) extremely poor at communicating what he had done.
    Funny you mention this. I always think about this.

Most people are assumed to be lying or exaggerating their skills on their resume. So I sometimes wonder if employers expect it. It seems like if you write an honest resume, you don't even get through the door because someone else's read better, even if in all actuality you are better suited for the job.

Lately I have been taking the approach to just say whatever the hell you need to, just to get through the door, then showcase not what you have done but what you are capable of once you get inside.

It is just that if all people are assumed to lie, and you write honestly, wouldn't an employer assume that is also a lie, and by default, underestimate your skills in the margin of error?

So then in order to be a contender you have to play the game, somewhat..

Sorry know that is off topic but I am curious.