User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Well, I was never thinking of all Ni users when I made that post, just a special one
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Well, I was never thinking of all Ni users when I made that post, just a special one

Alec Baldwin: You ask me if I have a God complex? Let me tell you something: I AM GOD . . .

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Damn it just on the toilet I had the idea what my last post should have been:

Yes, God !
    Damn so close
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

They get lost in their own thoughts in the middle of a conversation.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

^I can't say I've noticed many Ni users to do that.

With INTJ's in particular... or at least with the one I'm familiar with and the ones I've seen around the forum, I think there is a tendency to have a very haughty sense of humor about their intellect. Which I honesty find more humorous than conceded.

Amongst INFJ's, the way I've picked up on Ni is an ability to grasp something that seems mundane and to conceptualize an idea or joke that is so spot on, but from my perspective was not immediately thought of. (Gosh, Ni is too hard to put into words.) The two INFJ friends I have, have a superior wit. One of these INFJ friends are always way above my head and I have a hard time immediately grasping his jokes... but the female INFJ I know keeps me rolling on the floor laughing.

Si vs. Se, and Ti vs. Te are so much easier to understand and see... but just like Fi vs. Fe, Ni vs. Ne is often more difficult. I typically have a lot of difficulty picking out the these functions.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Lily flower View Post
    They get lost in their own thoughts in the middle of a conversation.
    I do that. I did it today in fact. It's like you are diving off on a point or tangent, mulling it over and not paying attention to what people are saying. It's vexing.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

A shrubbery. Duh.

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I think it is virtually impossible to observe Ni in real time. You're observing the after-effects.
    Agreed since Ni's not linear. If a Ni-dom or aux were to try to articulate the bombardment or extraction of information as it's happening, it would be impossible to understand.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    ^I can't say I've noticed many Ni users to do that.

With INTJ's in particular... or at least with the one I'm familiar with and the ones I've seen around the forum, I think there is a tendency to have a very haughty sense of humor about their intellect. Which I honesty find more humorous than conceded.

Amongst INFJ's, the way I've picked up on Ni is an ability to grasp something that seems mundane and to conceptualize an idea or joke that is so spot on, but from my perspective was not immediately thought of. (Gosh, Ni is too hard to put into words.) The two INFJ friends I have, have a superior wit. One of these INFJ friends are always way above my head and I have a hard time immediately grasping his jokes... but the female INFJ I know keeps me rolling on the floor laughing.

Si vs. Se, and Ti vs. Te are so much easier to understand and see... but just like Fi vs. Fe, Ni vs. Ne is often more difficult. I typically have a lot of difficulty picking out the these functions.

Whether this has to do with Ni or not I am not sure, but a lot of people seem to find me wittier than I consider myself.

I will make a joke that seems to me the only "logical" joke to make under the circumstances (it may be complex and referential but it makes more sense to me than any other humour would do in the moment) but it has other people rolling in the aisles (at least if they get it) because it's so off the wall and "only you would come up with that."
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    3w4

I think my most obvious observations of Ni in my boyfriend (an INTJ) is in his explanations of his most fundamental opinions. As an example, he holds the opinion that when it comes to looks, what people should strive for is to have their "outer self" look as much as their "true, inner self" as possible. The closer someone is to this goal, the more beautiful they are. (I think this could indicate Fi too, though.) As a contrast, I, with Ne, aim to not get stuck in a specific "look" but be everchanging.

I'm not saying that this is an opinion that could only be held by people with Ni, or that all people with Ni holds it, but rather that the choice of the words he uses when he explains it is. Someone else could say "People are beautiful when they look like they want to look." and it'd basically be the same thing, but the fact that he chooses an expression like "true, inner self" is indicative of Ni.

I’m not sure if that even made sense. Ah, well.