User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Cool What if most of the Sensors here are really iNtuitives in disguise?

Well... if the iNtuitives are really Sensors, maybe the Sensors are mistaken also...

Maybe all the data shows that they are actually N but they are repelled by the 'my type is rare so I am so special' fun... and think of it as an arrogance that they don't want to have.

Perhaps they want to be unique on a forum where N is the norm.

Maybe they think that just because they don't talk theory all day long like some Ns here that they must lean to the S side.

Perhaps their tremendous talk of theory here and little about pratical and sensory stuff indicates that there is something being hidden

So I encourage us all to look at all the facts, be true to ourselves, and find the type of best fit. iNtuition is nothing to be afraid or ashamed of

(BTW, remember that this is a 'what if?' scenario)

That Socionics thread in this section reminded me of something interesting: There aren't any rare types in Socionics. It discourages any kind of elitism. The entire basis of Socionics is intertype relations, where everyone is basically brushing shoulders with the others enough to describe what kind of understanding or various compatibility "levels" one will have with the other. The whole thing falls apart if there are two or three unique snowflake types - because that means their duals, semi-duals, activity partners, and other possible types who could bond well with them are screwed from having any good friends themselves. But I don't think that's the case in reality - people actually do find others who they are more comfortable with.

MBTI
    XXFP

Isn't it about preference?

There is nothing in MBTI that can be "disproved" about any person's responses (in terms of written test taking). MBTI is more about preferences than behavior, because there is nothing in the test to validate whether behavioral responses are accurate (or not). Preference is subjective, and so, this is a subjective tool to measure what someone prefers and then to make conjectures about their personality based on those preferences.

If none of that made sense to you, the main point is: you're not a conglomeration of four letters, and this whole thing is built on a pretty shaky platform.

A variety of tests I have taken suggest that I have high abstract reasoning ability compared to the other people who were tested (true/false questions and small logic puzzles). I don't really remember, but somewhere in the 80-95th percentile. But really, I associate much more with "S" type thinking and behavior and the "whole type" of ISTP fits me much better than INTP.

But it is perhaps true that people choose certain types for the reasons you listed. The point is, I think the whole concept of "choosing a type" as a definition for yourself is a somewhat sketchy practice. I see it a lot. I think what is important is that you have a concept of what type of behaviors you might associate with and what strengths and weaknesses go along with that.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboo View Post
    Isn't it about preference?
    Yes, I emphasize that it is about the type of best fit, not a type that defines you.

There is nothing in MBTI that can be "disproved" about any person's responses (in terms of written test taking). MBTI is more about preferences than behavior, because there is nothing in the test to validate whether behavioral responses are accurate (or not). Preference is subjective, and so, this is a subjective tool to measure what someone prefers and then to make conjectures about their personality based on those preferences.
    Exactly, the test cannot measure the behavior. The test tells you what you told the test that you are. It's all so very subjective. An objective way of typing people is impossible until we can read their every thought and action. So the test is fine....

A variety of tests I have taken suggest that I have high abstract reasoning ability compared to the other people who were tested (true/false questions and small logic puzzles). I don't really remember, but somewhere in the 80-95th percentile. But really, I associate much more with "S" type thinking and behavior and the "whole type" of ISTP fits me much better than INTP.
    Type is not at all about ability. I'm horrible at most puzzles... but it doesn't stop me from obsessing about how to solve things better.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

the test...is god !
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Shushhh you'll blow our cover!

This ^ is my intuitive disguise.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I don't think it's all that likely. The hypothesis that some Sensors are mis-typing as Intuitives seems more likely to me. It has nothing to do with any kind of superiority. It's just that it's a very Sensor-ish world out there, and they're not the ones who feel like misfits...
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

But if they mistype themselves, they'ld need to feel as misfits

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I think people who "need" to feel like misfits are more likely to be those who have a slight tendency to be misfits anyway...then they exaggerate it to feel special.

Seriously, I felt like a misfit for much of my life...still do some of the time, though less so in recent years. It is NOT one of my preferred experiences and I'm not sure why anyone would choose it!
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Didnt you just say sensors dont feel like misfits and that's why they dont know how it is for Ns ?